Recent Topics

Ads

Knight of the Blazing Sun - Blessings Question

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Paxsanarion

Knight of the Blazing Sun - Blessings Question

Post#1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Hello All, just a quick question - I am still relatively new and I am learning Knight. I am Vigilance Spec and I noticed Vigilance and Shield Rush are both blessings. These are two important defensive tools for the knight in my opinion. I know they are both blessings, how easy are they to sever and strip away, can this be done from long range ( I know about the 5ft range sever blessing ability ) ? Forgive my newb-ness. If they are easy to strip away how does this affect the knights tankiness, I know they are pretty tough in general. Still learning about debuffing/severing from other classes and which abilities they can easily remove. Thank you in advance for any insight!

Ads
zulnam

Re: Knight of the Blazing Sun - Blessings Question

Post#2 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Yep, they are blessings and to my knowledge they can be dispelled by classes that have the ability (other tanks, a few mdps iirc).

Speaking from my experience I never really noticed this as being an issue; if I pop Vigilance I am fairly certain I'll survive long enough to get a friendly heal.

Besides the fact that it takes some game knowledge and skill to properly use the dispell attack, you are generally not being main targeted as the tank. Most damage you get is usually from guard + aoe, as the enemy usually focuses on squishier targets first.

Kotbs is the best tank group-wise on order, but not the tankiest one, imo. If you do get them dispelled there's not much else you can do except maybe some very creative thinking (Guardian of Light M1, gilded shield tactic if you're encountering lots of casters).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Noslock

Post#3 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:52 pm

All buffs that can be shattered/removed are removed in the order they are applied.First applied is the first to be stripped.So if the only blessing you have on you is vigilance it only takes 1 ability from the enemy to remove it.That being said unless you run solo u will have a shitload of blessings on you (being selfcasted/wp heals buffs and so on other players buff and so on).Best thing is to cover your most important buff with others of the same tipe so it takes more for the enemy to strip it.(unless they all focus you )

Paxsanarion

Post#4 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:57 pm

Thank you both for your insight! My take away is there will typically be so much going on during WB level fights that this is not something I need to overly concern myself with as a Knight defending myself :-)

Noslock

Post#5 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:09 pm

On destro side if im not wrong the only severe blessing capable classes are chosen / we / and shaman if he use the tactic for it