Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Build help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nimnor

[WP] Build help

Post#1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:49 am

Hey I recently rolled a Warrior Priest and I need some help on a build for abilities, Tactics, and Renown

I want to focus on mainly healing with some decent DPS thrown in and would it be possible to have an all around build one that can cover SCs RvR and City sieges

Thank you for your time and help
I am a man of many faces

Ads
Bloodmasked

Re: [WP] Build help

Post#2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:10 am

Then you would want to be a shield WP. I play shield DOK for a while so I have an idea what WP build is too. I go for maximum damage even though I take up a healer spot in a group. The build can vary because you can optionally take things like shielding grace from grace tree, or group absorb and group cleanse from salvation tree.

Sometimes I go fully offensive and only take strength, weapon skill and melee crit. Ideally you have a 2H knight/chosen to strength buff you so you can just take full weapon skill and full melee crit renown. The idea is to get 1051 strength before investing in weapon skill, including your 80 strength self buff.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4160,4149

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;1;1;2;0;0

I have success with this build while running sovereign, warlord and sentinel gear. Bloodlord shield and scenario weapon. I have all strength talismans +23 or +24. I have 2 piece offensive genesis too. In future I may decide to use ranked solo scenario armor, I don't have any yet. The ranked solo event slot melee crit item is very nice too.

In scenarios you will be very good at holding down objectives and even unkillable at times versus multiple dps, especially if guarded and having a secondary healer. In city I always go with the single target group and try to help provide damage against enemy healers, sometimes I have a guard and sometimes not. If you are constantly under high pressure from multiple dps then you may need to slot AOE detaunt as a panic button.

I can provide info about ability usage if you like too I have no problem spouting more stuff about DOK or WP setups. But generally you are just spamming sigmar's radiance (group heal) and divine assault (single target heal) after you have buffed yourself or silenced the enemy. To get the upper hand in many situations, you should use the best potions available. 2.7k hp potions, officer coin potions, fleeting deflection potions, 825 armor potion, 5% melee crit liniment are all very useful to making yourself live longer and therefore your group too.

Also you would want to set up buffhead, enemy, guard pack (teather) and optionally tether (without an a) for a second tether (you can target the dps you are assisting and type /force tether to draw a line between them and yourself, helps with not getting lost in big fights). To play an offensive class effectively you need to see above enemy's heads if they are guarded, what immunities they have, and potentially if they are heal debuffed.

A nice group would be one that can armor debuff the enemy, like hybrid runepriest, witch hunters and white lion I believe. It will make you do considerably more damage and therefore more healing. Also resistance debuffs help alot, hybrid runepriest, swordmaster, knight has that I believe, you can capitalise on a enemy's low spirit resistance by using your spirit damage attacks.