Recent Topics

Ads

WH Help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
titaniummushroom

WH Help

Post#1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:01 am

I'm trying to understand how exactly I'm supposed to be able to kill people in this game.

I know there will be some trolls saying l2p, git gud, etc etc. dont care, type ur nonsense and the rest of us will move on.

I am RR60+ with vanq so my gear is not top tier but not total trash either.

So far as I can tell, this is how the game breaks down for WH.

WE - whoever gets jump wins
rSH - if I don't kill him in 5 seconds i lose. if he disarms me i lose. if the crappy netcode screws me and prevents me from landing pistol whip and i try and run i get knocked down (because his won't fail) and i lose.
mSH - lol impossible, his pet can hit as hard as me and his aoe does more dmg to a single target than me because ofc.
DoK - impossible
BO - impossible
Chosen - depends on RR
sorc - free renown
magus - generally free renown
choppa - depends on RR on can beat most it seams
mara - borderline impossible
shaman - just lol, lol some more then lol again. how this class has gone on like this for as long as it has is a testament to what happens when you clearly have favorites. complete bullshit of a kit with the ability to smash ones face into the keyboard for 9k dmg then run away because ofc. even dps spec they can out heal my damage which is hilarious then turn around and hit their face into the keyboard for that 9k dmg and walk away.
blackguard - impossible - they have a 98.7% block/parry rate?

It generally feels like the WH is completely useless in WB/Cities and quite frankly, not that great at solo play either. It seems like most classes, even if you get the jump, will probably beat you anyway. Maybe for WH running full invader or sov this is a different story, but for me running full vanq, i feel like most classes are on the "let them pass because i will likely lose no matter what i do" list.

if you want to tell me "git gud", "l2p" etc great. ideally follow it up with a diagnosis or playbook for what I can do to increase the number of viable targets i can have. if my list is actually accurate and WH is legitimately as crappy of a class as it feels like, that's also fair too. thanks.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: WH Help

Post#2 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVfkBw2cTw There is help for you, watch his videos.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

titaniummushroom

Post#3 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:59 am

I should probably change my valuation of WE vs WH since i just fought 2 WE where i got the jump both times and still lost sooooo.

I get the distinct impression that WH is the bottom of the barrel class on the entire shard.

Best hats though.

MMXX43

Post#4 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:03 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVfkBw2cTw There is help for you, watch his videos.

these videos are pre riposte nerf , a nerf that absolutely dismantled the wh and the defensive slayer

titaniummushroom

Post#5 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:10 am

yeah - if admin sees this thread just lock it. i dont care anymore, deleted and uninstalled. **** this shard.

4x in a row losing to WE while getting the jump

2x in a row losing to SH while getting the jump because i was instantly disarmed because ofc they get anytime disarm, and knockdown, and slow, and self-punt.

yeah just close it. WH is trash and i dont feel like lvling something else or playing destro, the clear favorite. thanks for the replies and gl/hf to those who continue to play.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:01 pm

pick on lowbies, you stand a half-decent shot then. But overall WH is in pretty bad shape.
-= Agony =-

Lesnoj

Post#7 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:40 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:01 am ....
Your post has some truth and logic. This was the same reason why I stopped playing WH and this game :) Still reading the forum thou and laughing how ppl are trying to hit their heads against the wall :D
You can cry, spend thousands of hours doing some testing, reporting numbers and at the end you get even more nerfed or other classes will get buffed. *waveing at SH*
It’s just a waste of your time.
About the video above: Cagucmka is a top player you can count on one hand such ppl as him, thats not an argument that this class is ok :?

Dabbart

Post#8 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:27 pm

I haven't played WE/WH since Conq was end-game gear on this server, so they have all sorts of tools they didn't when I played. Double stealth is pretty game changing on escaping unwinnable fights, but I've never played with it, the rKD, nor any variation of their morale drain builds.

However, at one point I had both rr60+ and they had 3+ very distinctive specs. Sometimes you need raw upfront burst damage. For a lot of targets, you either kill them during the KD, right after the KD, or not at all. Others, you need to focus on sustaining. Parry tactics, use your self punt after DoTing them up to delay for time for pots/morale or restealth. And then you will have a different builds for various levels of group play.

Know what you need to change to help you win the upcoming fight. Swap tactics and bullets/kisses regularly. I don't think Closet Goblin works anymore, but there might be an alternative to assist with quick swapping of Gear, note you can't change gear while QQd for Ranked matches. Try different RR/mastery builds and determine priority targets based on what you can actually do. Often, assisting another DPS on a "bad" target is far more likely to end with a kill and thereby possibly more than trying to solo down someone on your own. Note, this is for solo roaming only. Don't ever focus Tanks if there is another target...

Test your rotations on target dummys. Figure out what the "best" rotation is for KD, or sustained. If you expect to get parried a LOT, do you change your rotation? If you're in a parry build, what's the best use of your GcDs? Plan from a dueling perspective and you'll do well.

Accept there are a lot of situations where you just die. Try to avoid putting yourself in those situations. If you aren't confidant in the KD, don't push(Edit: Make sure you have BuffHead enabled and set-up to show you CC immunities and CDs on your target) Always carry pots. You can craft/buy instant and HoT pots from the AH/players as well as from vendors using SC/ORvR tokens which are on separate CDs. You should also consider carrying absorp pots and x2 AP pots so you can pop snare break/Flee/Pot/Pot to help catch-kill/escape targets.

On my Chosen, I have beaten WHs I honestly didn't think I would. And lost horrifically to others, it depends on their spec/gear more than mine to be honest. But I find I often happen to be more prepared with pots/regen(chosen shenanigans) which seals the deal. Edit: Chosen is RR68 full vanq.

On my DoK, I often have time to /emote at them as I detaunt and outheal their DPS. My biggest concern is one of them being clever enough to time their KD right before the detaunt expires, but even then, unless they are BiS and know the class they aren't a threat. Edit: DoK is rr80 SoV/Inv mix.

The absolute most success WHs I have seen; travel, fight, and assist in a group. Be it 2 or up to 6(!) WHs together together on one player, and targets just **** evaporate.

This might of been a troll thread, but I had time to kill before Xmas mayhem begins. I'm curious to see what current WE/WH tactics are though.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:05 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:10 am yeah - if admin sees this thread just lock it. i dont care anymore, deleted and uninstalled. **** this shard.

4x in a row losing to WE while getting the jump

2x in a row losing to SH while getting the jump because i was instantly disarmed because ofc they get anytime disarm, and knockdown, and slow, and self-punt.

yeah just close it. WH is trash and i dont feel like lvling something else or playing destro, the clear favorite. thanks for the replies and gl/hf to those who continue to play.
It took you 1 hour from making first post to quit? Solo pvp might not be your thing.
Dying is no option.

Shanell

Post#10 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:21 pm

RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

I run in this spec on my 64rr WH and it's good.
Full Vanq and full genesis + subj weapons.
Spend your RR in parry and STR and you will have around 33% parry chance. 38% with buff and 48% with parry tactics.
3 second stun then burst with seeker's blade then 5 seconds of 100% parry from Repel Blasphemy and then 7 more from m1. Along with Blessed blade tactics your riposte hits hard.
I rarely have any problems with peole I gank.

While I was typing this devs made a change.
- Burn Armor : The effect of this ability has changed and will now reduce the armor of all enemies 40ft in front of you
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul