Recent Topics

Ads

WH Help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hienzwar

Re: WH Help

Post#11 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Have to say WH is really fun solo, just keep practicing.

Ads
titaniummushroom

Post#12 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:35 am

i just dont see how.

the biggest thing i've noticed playing a WH is this.

In order to kill ANYONE I absolutely MUST land my opener and then proceed through a rotation depending on the target and how reactives play out during the fight.

If I don't land an opener i will either die or not kill the target.

Even if I DO land the opener, there is a really good chance (particularly vs SH/WE/Mara) that I will STILL get my ass completely kicked because the DPS output of a WH isn't even remotely close to those classes. WE can tear through ALL my HP during KD. I can barely get through half of theirs during a KD.

The damage just isn't remotely comparable. I've tried multiple builds, EW, BaL, DG. There are various degrees of utility with each build but the damage is still generally trash and lower than virtually any target I can go up against.

Krima

Post#13 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:51 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:35 am i just dont see how.

In order to kill ANYONE I absolutely MUST land my opener and then proceed through a rotation depending on the target and how reactives play out during the fight.

Even if I DO land the opener, there is a really good chance (particularly vs SH/WE/Mara) that I will STILL get my ass completely kicked because the DPS output of a WH isn't even remotely close to those classes. WE can tear through ALL my HP during KD. I can barely get through half of theirs during a KD.

The damage just isn't remotely comparable. I've tried multiple builds, EW, BaL, DG. There are various degrees of utility with each build but the damage is still generally trash and lower than virtually any target I can go up against.
You just got a armor debuff BUFF my friend. DMG of WH itsvery strong now! enjoy!
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

titaniummushroom

Post#14 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:58 am

Krima wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:51 am

You just got a armor debuff BUFF my friend. DMG of WH itsvery strong now! enjoy!
Did it make any difference on performance or viable targets? No. Does it make any difference to make WH a wanted class for WB/SC/Cities? No. The 10 yard range on the debuff means once you open in a zerg fight the aoe drops you in 3 seconds or less.

This is one of those "lets give them something to shut them up" kind of "balance fixes" that briefs well and accomplishes nothing. It's basically something a politician would do.

Krima

Post#15 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:32 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:58 am
Krima wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:51 am

Did it make any difference on performance or viable targets? No. Does it make any difference to make WH a wanted class for WB/SC/Cities? No. The 10 yard range on the debuff means once you open in a zerg fight the aoe drops you in 3 seconds or less.

This is one of those "lets give them something to shut them up" kind of "balance fixes" that briefs well and accomplishes nothing. It's basically something a politician would do.
Be glad!! Burn Armor boost all your AA dmg, BH, Bal and its AOE!
+ combo with SOD
+ No need to slot crap pistol WIT now, slot a pistol with meele power + wounds + %Crit
+ stacks with RP armor debuff

I woud love it on my WE!
I trade WE POUNCE for the armordebuff anyday!!!
Witch elf pounce its the meme skill of 2020.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Mystry
Suspended

Post#16 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:27 am

Just reroll slayer or white lion. You'll get far more done, easier, and everyone will want you for groups.

I spent years trying to enjoy WH. It's just not possible with how the game is configured. Even if the devs do buff WH, it won't change the fact that WH is designed to kill one person, and this is blobbing horde group pvp game. So just reroll.

aldorn

Post#17 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:00 am

''netcode screws me and prevents me from landing pistol whip''

Literally just searched the forum to see if this has a fix yet. Just makes the game unplayable for me.

this was never an issue on live, no matter how **** ones ping. I would know, I am in Australia and back then on ADSL.

Its obviously a known issue and I assume related to how the server prioritises abilities firing verses ping. On live if I was able to hit the key (ie on my screen I was within 5 ft) then it would register the ability. On this server (if its on the threshold of the 5ft i assume) it cancels it on my end and sometimes it triggers the cooldown on the ability without it actually having any effect.

Rapzel

Post#18 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Most careers scale, WH and SW are the perfect examples of this.

You don't provide build details nor renown spec, how are we going to help you?

You should given you play correctly win against pretty much everything except a end game geared BG and shamans. Against healers you have 75% healing reduction (also applies to full regen black guards but idk how many run that build anymore).

Sounds like you've gone full glass cannon and expect to burst people down in a a few GCDs and when people expect this they go defensive so they survive your burst and turn and kill you.
This is not WoW, you don't play rogue so you will need defensive stats no matter what.
WH is a good career, but compared to WE it requires at least 3 synapses between your brain halves to work.
Get buffhead keep track of enemy buffs and answer accordingly, you need to constantly keep track of what your enemy target is doing to counter accordingly.

All solo speccs are speccs to bully a certain type of archetype where you have the advantage, this applies for all careers in the game so pick your fights.

Ads
soldude

Post#19 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:51 pm

Have Wh 65 + vanq gear and We 80 in invader with fortes weapon. I dont have problem with We vs Wh just killed after one knockback, We dont have that burst. Now Wh have armor debuff now.
I woud love it on my WE!
I trade WE POUNCE for the armordebuff anyday!!!
Witch elf pounce its the meme skill of 2020.
Im done.