Recent Topics

Ads

BW Vanq. Setbonus aint working?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Flowson
Game Artist

BW Vanq. Setbonus aint working?!

Post#1 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:06 am

Currently i have noticed that the Stat window doesn´t show any improvements in terms of DPS with and without 6 pieces (=full vanq) Set Bonus of +4% Dmg. :o

Actually the Bonus is said to grant +4% overall dmg. For examplte: if its 196.2 Magic Power, it should add: 4% which is around 7,848 overall dps. = total of: 204,048dps. :cry:

If i take the shoes off to make it 5 piece, its just 17int/5=3.5dps less, due to the removed int. stat on the shoes (without any 4% change) :|

Can anyone confirm, or having similar numbers? ?!

thank you :)

Ads
wonshot

Re: BW Vanq. Setbonus aint working?!

Post#2 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:12 am

It should be a fairly easy target-dummy test in altdorf:

1)Equip a gear piece with same int/magicpower as one of the vanw pieces.

2)Try hitting a dummy with an ability like Fireball 10times with the same combustion each time. (6/7 vanq equipped)
3)Then try equipping the 7th piece vanq and see if the 4%damage bonus is not just added lastly in the equation and compare the results and see if you roughly get an average that is 4% higher.

#Edit: I personally never assumed the damage bonus was affecting your stat-window or bonuddamage, its just added last in your damageoutput equation.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Kornaker

Post#3 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:29 am

Not sure about this but as said before test on dummy with a piece that have same stats, but i'm sure the 4% dam is not calculated on dps but on base damage the ability do.
Test with bonus and with same stat without bonus to see the tooltip damage

Ability damage = Base ability damage + Magic dps damage

Jonees

Post#4 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:46 am

Use .getstats to check stats, not the character window... you should see OutgoingDamagePercent x1.04

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:14 am

Thanks everyone.

.getstats shows OutgoingDamagePercent x1.04 compars to OutgoingDamagePercent x0.9999 without the last piece.

I also testet the Dummy for Crit and Non Crit Dmg at 0 and 100% combustion.
It shows 997base dmg vs 1037 with set bonus on. So its exactly workin fine :)

Never the less i still wonder, why its only applied to spell dg and not to base dps?
Are there any items that actually boost dps as bonus like the marked section: pluses to dmg + on the scrennshot?

yours
Flowson