Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptGeorges

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#21 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Now y'all can keep making all your theoricrafting jibber-jabber here all you want, but fact of the matter is SOLO ROAMING KNIGHTS KILLING EVERYONE WITH MS isnt a thing. I play this game WELL ENOUGH to know that this is a fact. So don't bother with your "muh chosen" arguments. That is not a reason to remove MS entirely.

Ads
detrap

Post#22 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:40 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:35 pm
CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Thank you for your input on this topical Empire sub-forum. I could also go play a slayer. I know guys. Thanks. That is not the point.
The point is this is not entirely a nerf, why on earth do you play a knight with the purpose to top dps scores? If you are in a premade warband (which the game is designed for) your role can still be to assist dps sure, but your main role as a knight is more of a support and strengthen your warband to help delete the enemy. I would like to see changes in the cooldowns to swapping auras to help buff the mechanic our class was designed to play.
I dont play it for the scoreboard. People who run All out assault and on your guard auras play DPS for the scoreboard. And with this nerf you are promoting that useless aura dps float scoreboard warriors even more. I wrote about it in the comment above. You dont need to lecture me on the role of the knight. I am well aware of what both SnB and 2hs do in warbands. This still has nothing to do with the removal of this tactic which bothered LITERALLY NO-ONE and was considered suboptimal for everything except MAYBE if youre full sov and solo-playing. Or are we not allowed to play solo at all?
You can still 1 v x with a knight, I never relied on MS to do that. The game isn't about solo'ing anyway lol. They are not promoting useless dps auras, because in a non pve premade why would you run those?
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

zulnam

Post#23 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Deep breaths.

It converted all attacks to elemental, yes, at the cost of 15% increased incoming damage from all sources.

But ignoring that alltogether, lets look at some of the stellar abilities that we got as elemental.

Heaven's Fury - a 20 second aao that staggers all tagets for 3 seconds. Basically, a super niche ability that if not used properly it's only there to give your opponents free immunities.

Blazing Blade - A DoT that did potato damage even with MS. It was so bad I rarely used it, since it costs 3 GCD. Not only that, you need to apply it 3 times for the full effect, which means wasting GCDs and which means the first tick for the DoT starts at aprox. SIX SECONDS (with gcd time).

I don't have the energy anymore to debate this. If the trade off was good; like replacing the armor ignore from Precision Strike to make it elemental dmg, or putting it on Staggering Impact instead of HF, perhaps I would've said 'fine'. But this is the worst possible option imo. It makes me question if any of the people involved in the decission play knight, or if it was just a decission made based on a city scoreboard screenshot.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Sundowner

Post#24 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:51 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Given tactic affected only solo roam dude, no one used it in fort or cities, no? :shock:
And?

why should solo 1v1 even matter?
Because people play it?

line of though was like this: chosen has ability which makes him OP in solo roam when affecting wb play a little. hence the nerf, if chosen's wb performance depended on this tactic greatly, then we could say that solo gameplay should not be taken into account, but when it affects mostly solo gameplay, there is no reason to have tanks with this high damage potential

zulnam

Post#25 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm

NOT TO MENTION MS WAS MADE A BASE ABILITY AFTER THEY NERFED RUNEFANG FOR KNIGHTS WHICH NEVER EVEN HAPPEND FOR ****-

deep breaths.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

vanbuinen77

Post#26 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Its okay, the damage from chosens just got sent over to wl pets instead.

Enjoy
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

badoglio

Post#27 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:59 pm

OH YES
OH YES
OH SIGMAR YES

finally

there were really kobs running mighty soul?
i was the only solo around and not even considering using it in 1 year, stop complaining about the best change in 1 year for the knight class, thanks

ps : goodbye 50 IQ chosens running solo and spamming emotes and a broken tactic abuse :lol:

Gurf

Post#28 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Three of us (all lvl 40) got Solo by a Chosen the other day, was crazy, I was playing Slayer so expected to die but killing three was a bit much. Him hitting us for 500-800 and us hitting him for around 100 with 600 mitigated. Never saw solo Knights running around doing the same thing though.

Ads
Brakh

Post#29 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:00 pm

The reception of recent idea of making auras active again was poor and kind a negative. I think the devs want us to beg for them :/

CptGeorges

Post#30 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:00 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm

You can still 1 v x with a knight, I never relied on MS to do that. The game isn't about solo'ing anyway lol. They are not promoting useless dps auras, because in a non pve premade why would you run those?
Okay you are missing the whole point. I clearly have to speak in very fine detail. Scenarios and RvR are 2 different beasts. When you play a tank and you want to apply PRESSURE to say a r-dps or a healer rather then being a health pool for somebody else that can be safely ignored, you build more offensively. Now, for the swordmaster and the IB I don't need to argue anything. Both of those classes can EXCELL at pressure. I play both, I know.

Now what does the kotbs have to show for? What pressure can I do as kotbs? Well, there's auras. The only really useful one for pressure is the heal debuff. Maybe the ap drain, if the fight persists long enough. Damage? well, now what used to be useful and unique about the kotbs is while you had less damage than any tank you could get mighty soul and bypass armor. You would still not get crazy burst like say a grudge-full IB or a swordmaster, but it would make it so people CANT ignore you. People also still have RESISTANCES. Combine that with the 15% damage increase you take and even then it is considered a bit meh, but I was willing to suffer for it because at least it was something.

What you are doing now is having the knight rely solely on his auras to do any form of pressure. Now if somebody thinks that this is fun go ahead I am not going to stop you. But by removing mighty soul you removed what little oomph the class had on a single target neccesary in scenarios to be a meaningful presence. You made a class that is on a more passive, boring side even more boring. I really does feel like whoever is making the balancing decision is thinking in blanket terms and doesnt understand individual classes.
Last edited by CptGeorges on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.