Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
yoluigi

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:29 pm

No more OP Chosen thank god lol

Ads
CptGeorges

Post#12 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Rydiak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
Who was complaining about Chosen and KOTBS damage? Where are the threads and posts? The open discussions and consensus that we reached as a community?
Solo chosens were killing literally everything, if you haven't noticed that, you weren't playing the game :mrgreen:
Yes. Solo Chosen. If only there was some way to nerf only one class instead of both. I know it's seemy unfair cause there's A RAGING BAND OF SOLO KOTBS GOING AROUND killing everyone but hey I must be the unreasonable one here.

Alucard2010

Post#13 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm

So because chosen was over performing, lets gimp KOTBS further into the dirt? First Runefang nerf, removing our "physical" abilities by taking away the strength component. Now MS is gone. All our gear gives +str, how are knights expected to get the WS needed to actually do anything to armor/toughness stacked healers,tanks,dps (i.e. EVERY CLASS).

CptGeorges

Post#14 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Exactly, why cant we have runefang then, you just knocked down chosen and knocked down kotbs even further for some reason?!
Last edited by CptGeorges on Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

detrap

Post#15 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:35 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:21 pm
Never used mighty soul for my dps build and can still crit squishies in T4 for 1k. If you want to play a more more damage capable tank, then maybe try the other two?
Thank you for your input on this topical Empire sub-forum. I could also go play a slayer. I know guys. Thanks. That is not the point.
The point is this is not entirely a nerf, why on earth do you play a knight with the purpose to top dps scores? If you are in a premade warband (which the game is designed for) your role can still be to assist dps sure, but your main role as a knight is more of a support and strengthen your warband to help delete the enemy. I would like to see changes in the cooldowns to swapping auras to help buff the mechanic our class was designed to play.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

detrap

Post#16 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Alucard2010 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm So because chosen was over performing, lets gimp KOTBS further into the dirt? First Runefang nerf, removing our "physical" abilities by taking away the strength component. Now MS is gone. All our gear gives +str, how are knights expected to get the WS needed to actually do anything to armor/toughness stacked healers,tanks,dps (i.e. EVERY CLASS).
They gave you elemental based attacks on abilities so you don't need the tactic anymore -_-
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:38 pm

Solo chosens were killing literally everything, if you haven't noticed that, you weren't playing the game :mrgreen:
imagine making balance changes based on solo roaming instead of group play or forts/cities :roll:

Think we should nerf AM and the likes then next?

CptGeorges

Post#18 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:40 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:35 pm
CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:21 pm
Never used mighty soul for my dps build and can still crit squishies in T4 for 1k. If you want to play a more more damage capable tank, then maybe try the other two?
Thank you for your input on this topical Empire sub-forum. I could also go play a slayer. I know guys. Thanks. That is not the point.
The point is this is not entirely a nerf, why on earth do you play a knight with the purpose to top dps scores? If you are in a premade warband (which the game is designed for) your role can still be to assist dps sure, but your main role as a knight is more of a support and strengthen your warband to help delete the enemy. I would like to see changes in the cooldowns to swapping auras to help buff the mechanic our class was designed to play.
I dont play it for the scoreboard. People who run All out assault and on your guard auras play DPS for the scoreboard. And with this nerf you are promoting that useless aura dps float scoreboard warriors even more. I wrote about it in the comment above. You dont need to lecture me on the role of the knight. I am well aware of what both SnB and 2hs do in warbands. This still has nothing to do with the removal of this tactic which bothered LITERALLY NO-ONE and was considered suboptimal for everything except MAYBE if youre full sov and solo-playing. Or are we not allowed to play solo at all?
Last edited by CptGeorges on Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sundowner

Post#19 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:40 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:38 pm

imagine making balance changes based on solo roaming instead of group play or forts/cities :roll:

Think we should nerf AM and the likes then next?
given tactic had HUGE impact in solo roam, in rvr/fort/cities this is not a huge nerf

TenTonHammer

Post#20 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Given tactic affected only solo roam dude, no one used it in fort or cities, no? :shock:
And?

why should solo 1v1 even matter?