Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior priest] newbie question about the class

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tzchris

[Warrior priest] newbie question about the class

Post#1 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:51 am

I made a wp to try the class and I saw that I can use a shield. So my questions is if its viable to play with it. I know i will not have the best healing numbers but will i outlive the other wp that are in the frontline? Also is it worth endgame cities because eventually thats my goal since my main is a sw and I will probably get left out since there are better dps classes.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: [Warrior priest] newbie question about the class

Post#2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:53 am

Shield WP can be a good healer but most powerful heal they have Sacrifice is group based which makes it not so good in large scale battles.

Other skills that require shield are attacks that heal through damage. Which brings you to a further understanding - to heal you must hit hard. So you have to choose your targets wisely - hitting a tank and a clothie will produce different heal numbers.

Try all different setups for your WP, experiment with combinations, do not just be a book WP as many out there - they’re the best healers but they cannot defend themselves if caught with their pants down.

Good luck.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:58 am

And you will not last long as a front liner. This is tanks spot and having a shield won’t make you one. You must always be one step behind them. Shield WP is not a back liner as book WP because you need fight to heal but you can’t be ahead of your tanks.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Disael

Post#4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 am

I ran shield from lvl 34 on. Works pretty solid in scenarios with scenario gear.

But you will often run into problems as order has literally no tanks most of the time. And if you have some, 90% of them are total failures. So you will often be one of only very few frontliners.

Of course that is a general problem and hiding behind the bright wizards as book priest would not be any better in such a situation.

Best advice: Befriend a tank, that knows what guard and challenge are, and duo queue with him.

In the open RVR i found shield to be tough so far. There are many situation where you can't go into melee range, and then your healing is weak.

Lilim

Post#5 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:29 am

Hey,

recommended thread about this play style:
Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627

tzchris

Post#6 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Thank you all for your replies guys. I played as a wp until lvl 18 and I just didn't like it that much tbh. I made an AM( 29lv atm) and I think I found what I was looking for. I really appreciate your help and thats what I love about this community. Maybe some time later I'll give wp another go. See ya all at the battlefield .