[Knight / Warrior Priest] Questions

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lokiie1984

[Knight / Warrior Priest] Questions

Post#1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 pm

I really enjoy healers in scenarios but sadly I very much dislike them in pve. I haven't tried rvr yet though. I don't imagine it'd be much different.

Anyway, I know this primarilly a PvP game but there are times where I prefer to quest and on my zealot it was just slow and annoying, especially after I started in the t2 zones. Mob density and spawn rates really made it hard.

So I've been trying to look for something that does well or is at least helpful in PvP but can also solo quest and do at least the easier PQs.

I'm curious about opinions with the knight and WP in those regards. I've heard the WP is a decent aoe healer best played at range, which would be fine with me. But at what level and renown to do it well?

I've also heard the knight is the lowest dps tank but can they do quests with out a healer? I assume in PvP they don't worry about dps and are more a guard / buff bot. Are they still wanted for those?

As a side note, which of the two do you all suppose would be more wanted / needed?

Thanks.

Ads

Re: [Knight / Warrior Priest] Questions

Post#2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 am

Both needed. Both wanted in pvp.

Knight is utility as well as guard bot. You are a peel/punt tank, interrupts, detaunt to reduce enemy outgoing dps, you are a dmg sponge. You have knockdown as well, have two specs

Wp needed in all pvp groups for big healing numbers and have multiple specs

Pve both cab do well solo. Wp probably have less downtime but knights can pull more at a time using thorns build.

Wp probably easier if you're just wanting to relax and do some quests

RathBrand

Post#3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:37 am

Warrior Priest is very useful in RvR and Cities for their group and AOE heals. They are fairly tanky so have good survivability. There are several specs you can choose from but the most used in RvR and Cities is the Salvation (backline healer) spec and it best used with a 1-hand hammer and tome (for resource sustain).

In PvE, you can take on mobs and quests just fine but killing is kind of slow. If you are primarily using the Salvation tree, it's better to equip a 2-hand hammer and change your tactics to be more offensive. Otherwise, you can spec as Grace, but just know it's not as in demand in RvR/Cities and you might get some slack for not being Salvation.

I don't play KoTBS, but I believe they are considered easy to pick up and very popular in RvR.

mytreds

Post#4 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:26 am

Knights are needed for Focused Mending. That's pretty much their max usefulness.

And what is really sad, is that's more than what IB's have to offer in endgame content.

Please fix order tanks.

Onigokko0101

Post#5 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:05 am

mytreds wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:26 am Knights are needed for Focused Mending. That's pretty much their max usefulness.

And what is really sad, is that's more than what IB's have to offer in endgame content.

Please fix order tanks.
rofl no

Aside from Auras (Which lets be honest, are huge. There are MANY good options) there is their crit buffs, stagger, on demand knockdown, general tankiness, and flexability.

You are also wrong about the IB, but that is a story for another time.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Impmon

Post#6 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am

A 22 warrior priest solo tanked with my lower level bright wizard every wing of the sewers dungeon in altdorf. I’d say they’re pretty good at pve 😑

zulnam

Post#7 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:33 pm

For PvE knight takes the cake.

As snb you can take on multiple mobs at the same time, sometimes even up to 8 if they're a bit lower.

You have a lot of abilities that damage those around you or those that are hitting you; as well as an aura that gives a small HoT on defend. All you have to do is just stay alive and the mobs die on their own.

WP is strong as well but nowhere near the survivability/kill potential of a knight, be it grace or wrath.

In dungeons you will be expected to do your archetype; meaning tank or heal. sure you can cheese sewers, but once you get to gunbad there's no way; unless you are already super pimped in gear.

Pvp is similar; WP can be decent dps but well geared and in small scale. Knight can be a useful utility dps to have thanks to aoe debuffs; again gear is needed. Generally you will either heal or tank.

Both classes are strong and in high demand for their main roles.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

PlagueMonk

Post#8 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:58 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:33 pm For PvE knight takes the cake.

As snb you can take on multiple mobs at the same time, sometimes even up to 8 if they're a bit lower.

WP is strong as well but nowhere near the survivability/kill potential of a knight, be it grace or wrath.
Wait what? WP is the king of sustain. I am able to take on a pile of mobs (6-8 no problem) well above my level (4+ levels) and come out of the fight at 100% health, ready to take on another pack. I have even taken on multiple champs above my level (this depends on gear if you are trying to do dungeons solo). This is being Grace with a 2 hander. Going with hammer/shield I am even more tanky but it does take a bit longer to kill things.

Ads