Recent Topics

Ads

How's Warrior Priest at End-game?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
martholomew

Re: How's Warrior Priest at End-game?

Post#11 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 pm

uanaka wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 pm
Parsifal wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm Thanks alot for the input everyone. I didn't realize that the "Grace" build was more dps-focused...I assumed it was the default WP build since it was the only WP guide I could find, and it was front and center on the "New Player" section. I'll try re-speccing to Salvation and stacking Willpower/toughness to see if that makes a difference. As long as salvation has aoe heals rather than single-target, I hope I'll enjoy it!
I would highly recommend NOT stacking willpower/toughness as salvation. You're simply not going to get enough toughness early on to make it worthwhile, and willpower just doesn't scale nearly as well for WP. If anything, I would highly recommend stacking armor talis first. Maybe once you get a better feel for the playstyle you can stack willpower, but it's just not going to make as much of a difference early on.
You're right, but he's asking about endgame.
Magus 40/78

Ads
uanaka

Post#12 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm

martholomew wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 pm
uanaka wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 pm
Parsifal wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm Thanks alot for the input everyone. I didn't realize that the "Grace" build was more dps-focused...I assumed it was the default WP build since it was the only WP guide I could find, and it was front and center on the "New Player" section. I'll try re-speccing to Salvation and stacking Willpower/toughness to see if that makes a difference. As long as salvation has aoe heals rather than single-target, I hope I'll enjoy it!
I would highly recommend NOT stacking willpower/toughness as salvation. You're simply not going to get enough toughness early on to make it worthwhile, and willpower just doesn't scale nearly as well for WP. If anything, I would highly recommend stacking armor talis first. Maybe once you get a better feel for the playstyle you can stack willpower, but it's just not going to make as much of a difference early on.
You're right, but he's asking about endgame.
Even at end game, you just get so much more value with armor. But at the end of the day, it's his choice. At the very least, I would recommend wounds over toughness, if he went a willpower/wounds route.

RathBrand

Post#13 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:41 pm

Check out this Warhammer Return of Reckoning Salvation Warrior Priest Guide on YouTube which is a good place to start if you want to try Salvation WP.

Edit: Also for PvE solo stuff (eg. killing mobs for scavenging) it is better to switch to 2-handed Hammer for a little bit better dps. But for healing, you want to go 1-hand Hammer + Book

Fai

Post#14 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 am

nobody is stacking willpower for endgame!
post moral nerf all go armor.

RuffRyder

Post#15 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:58 am

Some more hints while the major parts have been covered already: While Grace is the most ambitious spec for WP, Salvation will make your mid-tier life a lot easier healing-wise. I know you are mentioning Rydiak’s guide and the spec needs experienced players like him to shine in endgame.

On mid-tier you still have a good playground to experiment with builds, especially when bolstered and keeping your gear up to date. Get some more ranks and especially RR and try again around 30 in SCs (Grace doesn’t want to be played in large-scale RvR).

Remember when healing: You don’t do much for your group when you are squishy and need to heal yourself all the time, and also watch your positioning.

While you may be missing some Willpower on lower levels, you might want to run your Willpower tactic, later on you can drop it for good. And please, don’t use Willpower talis, keep your Wounds on a decent level, get some Initiative as filler and Armor for the rest, which goes for Salvation.

In you run Grace in endgame, you will be better of adding some offense along with Armor, but that highly depends how offensive you want to play it. I’ve seen full Strength variations working good, and full Armor unkillable beasts.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)