Recent Topics

Ads

New KOTBS gear question

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Malfetus

New KOTBS gear question

Post#1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:57 am

I'm currently a 30/35 KOTBS and had a question primarily about how I should spend my time from 30-40. I read that farming Ruin in your early 30's is a good idea, but I'm basically soloing easy level 30 T4 PQ's and haven't even sniffed a single piece of Ruin and I'm almost 31. Should I really be bothering with this or just focusing on RVR? Do I go straight for Conq gear?
Last edited by Malfetus on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: New KOTBS gear question

Post#2 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 am

Use 75% exp reduction scroll and when ur lvl 34 farm lvl 30 eataine public quests with 2h or shield wp and u can do hard pq just 2 of you and always at least one gold bag drop. Ruin is good for a tank because 2-piece bonus is 580 armour 3-piece is toughness and 4-piece is +1 career point and 5-piece is block. Lvl is 34-36 on ruin, also it looks very good on some classes. You can use Annihilator/Mercenary sets 35/39 but ruin 2 piece or 5 piece and you can go to conqueror/domi/redeye sets with it no worries.

When you are lvl 36 or close to it do 1-2 tier 4 epic quests so you get good weapons, 1h, 2h or shield and every piece of choice has some kind of proc.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Malfetus

Post#3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:01 am

I don't think I'm gonna find a 2nd person to do hard PQ's with, that's my only concern.

Rekoom

Post#4 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:20 am

Ruin is cheap to buy with the currency you accumulate from any bag drop. Took me less than a day of casual playing to get full Ruin on my BO. Never got a single gold bag.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Malfetus

Post#5 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:29 am

Rekoom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:20 am Ruin is cheap to buy with the currency you accumulate from any bag drop. Took me less than a day of casual playing to get full Ruin on my BO. Never got a single gold bag.
Wait, are you talking about coins? You can buy ruin with coins? Finding information about this game is so difficult lol, never knew.

CyunUnderis

Post#6 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:51 am

You can loot a new currency in bag, at the end of PQ. This is the same kind of currency you can loot in RvR or SC, but only from PQ. With this currency, you can buy PvE set (Carnage, Havoc, Mayhem, Ruin) or craft materials in city or in some camp.

For full Ruin set, if I remember correctly, you need about 165 tokens.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:46 am

Full ruin set costs 106 tokens. You can farm easy rank 40 PQs and get like 15 in a blue bag iirc.
A rank 30 hard pq gives you 6 coins
If you have a party to do hard pqs, go to the end zones like Cale/BC/CW and do the first hard pq, not the chapter 22 one, and you can get 22coins from a gold bag, while the only piece that costs more is the chest which is 40, all other pieces are under 20 coins.

Malfetus

Post#8 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:36 am

Thanks to you guys I'm almost 5/5 Ruin at 36, so I appreciate it. My next question is, what do I do for weapon/shield? I see the RR39 ones from scenario but that's all I've been able to find.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#9 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 am

Nothing else to take, those are the best for you now.
Honestly you will use those until high rank, you can eventually change them for the rank 61 shield and the lower rank weapon though.
So when you hit 40/50 start farming scs, but don't downgrade your opressors until you have 600, when you get 600 opressors you can downgrade each new emblem for conq emblems and use those to buy the blue sc shield and THEN buy the purple one.

Malfetus

Post#10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:29 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 am Nothing else to take, those are the best for you now.
Honestly you will use those until high rank, you can eventually change them for the rank 61 shield and the lower rank weapon though.
So when you hit 40/50 start farming scs, but don't downgrade your opressors until you have 600, when you get 600 opressors you can downgrade each new emblem for conq emblems and use those to buy the blue sc shield and THEN buy the purple one.
I wish I liked scenarios more, this is gonna be a brutal grind..but all good.