Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hienzwar

Re: [Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Post#71 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:09 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm

There is literally no reason to play a WH other than just because you feel like it. You have no role in WB rvr, no role in group rvr, no role in sieges, no role in defenses, and quite frankly, are **** soloers. Playing a WH isn't an exercise in skill on this shard, it's an exercise in determination bordering on masochism.

Well cant help but say you are are wrong on almost all of the above, not sure this needed to upped with other threads predating it. Either play with people who can support you playstyle , change your build and support others playstyle and establish what that role is or continue to play another class.

Damage is fine bar SNB regen tanks
Spec into defence if you want to last

I will agree that lock out timers should be longer to avoid switching, that said each side has periods of dominance.

Ads
Draugris

Post#72 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:32 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm There is literally no reason to play a WH other than just because you feel like it. You have no role in WB rvr, no role in group rvr, no role in sieges, no role in defenses, and quite frankly, are **** soloers. Playing a WH isn't an exercise in skill on this shard, it's an exercise in determination bordering on masochism.
I feel you, played a WH on live as a main and sometimes here. WH is incredibly fun to play with friends. This was the case in the past and it is the case now imo. The difference is maybe that the community here has such a distinctive minmaxing fetish where every slot has to be filled with the best class with the best gear or you can gtfo. This was not the case on live, we ran with a few WH´s every content including cities as a guild. Here I touch my WH only if my friends are online to play a few SC´s but I wouldn´t make the effort to level him on my own, which is a shame really. In general, I like the adjustments they made here to class.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

titaniummushroom

Post#73 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:05 am

Draugris wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:32 pm
titaniummushroom wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm There is literally no reason to play a WH other than just because you feel like it. You have no role in WB rvr, no role in group rvr, no role in sieges, no role in defenses, and quite frankly, are **** soloers. Playing a WH isn't an exercise in skill on this shard, it's an exercise in determination bordering on masochism.
I feel you, played a WH on live as a main and sometimes here. WH is incredibly fun to play with friends. This was the case in the past and it is the case now imo. The difference is maybe that the community here has such a distinctive minmaxing fetish where every slot has to be filled with the best class with the best gear or you can gtfo. This was not the case on live, we ran with a few WH´s every content including cities as a guild. Here I touch my WH only if my friends are online to play a few SC´s but I wouldn´t make the effort to level him on my own, which is a shame really. In general, I like the adjustments they made here to class.
i did play WH on live and main here. I distinctly remember that on live, WH was bar none the best solo class. I remember WE (correctly) crying about how WH dominated them among most other classes 1v1 if similarly geared. That is 100% not the case on this server. I generally feel like, assuming equivalent gear, that most classes will destroy me in a 1v1 most of the time. Such that there are literally only about 4 classes that I will "jump" when i'm soloing because no matter what i do the others will beat the crap out of me. WH damage here seems so low as to be asinine and the changes made to other classes *cough* SH *cough* make the WH more or less pretty inferior in every aspect of the game.

Draugris

Post#74 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:54 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:05 am WH damage here seems so low as to be asinine and the changes made to other classes *cough* SH *cough* make the WH more or less pretty inferior in every aspect of the game.
I find that difficult to evaluate, there are a lot of things to consider, bolster, gear and rr differences etc. I play both sides, on Destro a ranged squig herder (yes there are a few who resist to play that ugly but op meat ball) My experience is that if a WH catches me in stealth usually I die during pistol whip kd, that may be a gear issue, I am only rr50 but that´s how it is. If I catch him visible and if I am able to reset the fight if he goes stealth, different story.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

XsorrowerX

Post#75 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Draugris wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:54 am
titaniummushroom wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:05 am WH damage here seems so low as to be asinine and the changes made to other classes *cough* SH *cough* make the WH more or less pretty inferior in every aspect of the game.
I find that difficult to evaluate, there are a lot of things to consider, bolster, gear and rr differences etc. I play both sides, on Destro a ranged squig herder (yes there are a few who resist to play that ugly but op meat ball) My experience is that if a WH catches me in stealth usually I die during pistol whip kd, that may be a gear issue, I am only rr50 but that´s how it is. If I catch him visible and if I am able to reset the fight if he goes stealth, different story.
I play both classes, RR 60+ on both, and this is pretty accurate. Both classes are squishy, so it's usually whoever gets the advantage from the opening.

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#76 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:16 am

I can't believe how much I lack of damages and how easily I get explod by ennemies, I'm like papper and they're rock. I'm currently rank 37 with the Annihilator set and rank 34 scenarios weapons, I am unable to kill even lower level targets in RvR (Trivial targets) quickly enough before they manage to be healed or whatever. This is just sad.

I've tried different specs and tactics, tbh I deal more damages and survive more easily with my rank 24 Shadow Warrior in oRvR, this is embarrassing. I thought to myself that maybe I'm just bad, some of my WH friends tell me that they have a lot of damages with their character, and I just can't understand how is it possible to say something like that. I'm not a pro player but i'm still decent, with my WH I just have rare moments with a nice crit and besides that the right to get 3-shot by any dps class above my level and an incapacity to assassinate with consistancy targets at my level and lower.

Fenris78

Post#77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:31 am

Thing is you will fight against boltered players (around lv 20-30) wich got massive stats increase including armor and parry.

And WH requires a lot of stuff and practice to make it work, usage of high crit chance (at least 30-35% base) plus fanatical cleansing tactic for +50% crit damage.

Survivability is achieved by use of left tree skills and tactics, namely Dragon Gun + Sanctified Bullets, and Repel Blasphemy + Shroud of Magnus for defenses.
Then you can lead a charge onto enemy warbands with ease, provided you have some backup with you.
Personnaly I very much enjoy the feeling when you got focused by multiple casters and dont die instantly while shooting Dragon Gun in the zerg and getting back full life every 10s... :p

So dont worry too much, before lv 40 with vanquisher stuff you WILL suffer as a WH, especially since you lose alll you bolster when entering lv 35+, sadly...

I'm not saying the WH is the best melee class of should feel the ultimate killer, but definately the class got a very complete toolkit to be able to win about every duel, while still being able to act as a frontliner.
No other class could do the same, and I tried about everything Order side.
WH got the best polyvalence, and while it's not going to do as many kills as a slayer or a BW, he could certainly achieve one of the most fun and rewarding gameplay outta here (at least it's my feeling after playing most other dps prior to the WH).

Bowldancer

Post#78 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am

Hulgore wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:16 am I can't believe how much I lack of damages and how easily I get explod by ennemies, I'm like papper and they're rock. I'm currently rank 37 with the Annihilator set and rank 34 scenarios weapons, I am unable to kill even lower level targets in RvR (Trivial targets) quickly enough before they manage to be healed or whatever. This is just sad.

I've tried different specs and tactics, tbh I deal more damages and survive more easily with my rank 24 Shadow Warrior in oRvR, this is embarrassing. I thought to myself that maybe I'm just bad, some of my WH friends tell me that they have a lot of damages with their character, and I just can't understand how is it possible to say something like that. I'm not a pro player but i'm still decent, with my WH I just have rare moments with a nice crit and besides that the right to get 3-shot by any dps class above my level and an incapacity to assassinate with consistancy targets at my level and lower.
Give it a bit more time.
I dusted my WH off three weeks ago and he was like you in Anni with low rr - I also just had green accessories and miserable weapons.
Now he is full Vanquisher, with genesis pieces and subjugator weapons and I comfortably roam around and kill people.
The class is so strong and has so many defensive tools - there is not even that much risk involved.
Supercasual compared to solo roaming with my BiS Slayer.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#79 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 am

Bowldancer wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am
Hulgore wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:16 am I can't believe how much I lack of damages and how easily I get explod by ennemies, I'm like papper and they're rock. I'm currently rank 37 with the Annihilator set and rank 34 scenarios weapons, I am unable to kill even lower level targets in RvR (Trivial targets) quickly enough before they manage to be healed or whatever. This is just sad.

Give it a bit more time.
I dusted my WH off three weeks ago and he was like you in Anni with low rr - I also just had green accessories and miserable weapons.
Now he is full Vanquisher, with genesis pieces and subjugator weapons and I comfortably roam around and kill people.
The class is so strong and has so many defensive tools - there is not even that much risk involved.
Supercasual compared to solo roaming with my BiS Slayer.
Could you share your build and tactics plz? Also interesting to hear more about your playstyle and experiences. Players mostly hate playing WHs.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Bowldancer

Post#80 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:32 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 am Could you share your build and tactics plz? Also interesting to hear more about your playstyle and experiences. Players mostly hate playing WHs.
I think I am not really in a position yet to share builds as I basically play him for only three weeks now. My WH is now rr64 and I respec and test all the time to find what suits me. It also depends on what you want to kill and in what kind of encounter you want an advantage.
There are never enough mastery points to run all the goodies. Such a versatile class.
I'd love to run Exit wounds but I feel like you need much better gear for that - so for now Burn Away Lies proves to be the most efficient for me.
I spec in and out of Blessed Blade but until 70 I need the points elsewhere. Sanctified Oil has proven to be such a useful tool it is hard not to spec it.

I soloed my Slayer from 1 to 85 and compared to that experience I feel much more confident roaming around on my little WH. As a Slayer I have to be constantly alert and I have to commit when a fight happens - as a WH you can always reset the fights. You can escape most situations. You have defensive cds that are as strong as morales.You can get everywhere. You can chose the fights. Stealth opens a whole new world of possibilities. There is probably no easier solo class except for dps AM and yet there is a high skill ceiling to do really impressive stuff.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE