Recent Topics

Ads

WP Armour Guide? (for noobies)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
djkovale

WP Armour Guide? (for noobies)

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:47 am

Hi everyone. Herby here. Back to the game just recently since live servers died. Wish I knew this has been up and running for years. Better late than never.

Is there a warrior priest armor guide you would suggest. Its all a bit overwhelming being a noob again, kinda hard to sort out how/where to get the best sets for particular builds and the paths to get there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ads
Elenori

Re: WP Armour Guide? (for noobies)

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Hello, some of the information on what the sets do can be found on the Wiki ( https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... Equipments ). You will generally need to use willpower items as a healer with tome and strength items otherwise. However the wiki hasn't been updated to include the newer items.
A thing of beauty, I know, will never fade away...

ChicagoJoe

Re: WP Armour Guide? (for noobies)

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Look for the minmaxing google sheet tool on the forum it is better than the wiki. It has the most up to date specs for everything but new fortress weapons as far as I know. It would be nice to have someone update the wiki.

I would say that the WP sets are generally hammer & book, vs hammer and shield vs 2H driven.

Healing uses willpower as main stat but it doesn't really benefit too much from stacking in talismans or renown points past what the sets give you. Probably better to stack armor/wounds and *maybe* heal critical for salvation (hammer/book) build.

If you want to use shield or 2Hs there are some nice guides (search Grace WP or Wrath WP) out there but they are less wanted in WB/City play (maybe unwanted is a better way to put it) - They can be really fun and effective in small scale with right gear - 2/3 man or 6 man. Much of the healing from those skill trees are based on damage you do (lifetaps) so willpower will not help your main attacks, so you will want strength and maybe weapon skill.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.