[wh] Bullet spec.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[wh] Bullet spec.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Kind of shooting myself in the foot, by from other hand I don't want to run out of whs to kill :P

Did anyone tried spec made about Bullets? As far as I'm aware wh bullets is a 100% chance on Execution, so the idea is to use 1 ability to build a single accusation, followed by Execution despite only having 1 accusation, and repeat, to have a Bullets going off every second GCD. Say Torment- Absolution- Torment- Absolution.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Sarnai

Re: [wh] Bullet spec.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Absolution spam isn't a widely-used spec but it's ok. Paired with Flowing Accusations tactic (and maybe Prolonged Confession) on top of that it can sometimes do good things.

If your execution gets parried or blocked, the bullets won't apply.
WH looking for gunbad left

Zxul

Post#3 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 pm

Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:39 pm Absolution spam isn't a widely-used spec but it's ok. Paired with Flowing Accusations tactic (and maybe Prolonged Confession) on top of that it can sometimes do good things.

If your execution gets parried or blocked, the bullets won't apply.
The idea here is though to make Bullets a major source of dmg, similar to how WEs do dmg with Witchbrew, possibly to build defensively with say Emperor's Ward as well. With Flowing Accusations, and with using Absolution as long as you got even a single accusation, wh can in theory get a Bullets off on pretty much every GCD.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Manatikik

Post#4 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 pm Kind of shooting myself in the foot, by from other hand I don't want to run out of whs to kill :P

Did anyone tried spec made about Bullets? As far as I'm aware wh bullets is a 100% chance on Execution, so the idea is to use 1 ability to build a single accusation, followed by Execution despite only having 1 accusation, and repeat, to have a Bullets going off every second GCD. Say Torment- Absolution- Torment- Absolution.
This is the highest DPS build in T1 but isnt nearly as good later on. Bullets don't do enough damage to make this viable (in the past I've talked to some people on the idea of making them scale with STR to give WH just that little more oomph they need) but for GCD/AP efficient Torment spam is still better (if you can get the ideal armor pen with Torment then only a 4-5 pt Abso/EW/BAL can hit harder).
<Montague><Capulet>

Zxul

Post#5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:44 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 am
Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 pm Kind of shooting myself in the foot, by from other hand I don't want to run out of whs to kill :P

This is the highest DPS build in T1 but isnt nearly as good later on. Bullets don't do enough damage to make this viable (in the past I've talked to some people on the idea of making them scale with STR to give WH just that little more oomph they need) but for GCD/AP efficient Torment spam is still better (if you can get the ideal armor pen with Torment then only a 4-5 pt Abso/EW/BAL can hit harder).
The advantage which Bullets have though is ignoring toughness mitigation. Can in theory use Atonement tactic as well, if you are using Absolution in most of GCDs it should add some dmg as well.

Sarnai

Post#6 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 am

Adding in Sanctified Bullets for the heal with the abso spam could help you stay alive long enough to wear down dps but you won’t break through any healing with it. WH are heavily dependent on big crits, and while the bullets will bypass the 1 spike abso will get mitigated to peanuts.

Zxul

Post#7 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 am

Sarnai wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 am Adding in Sanctified Bullets for the heal with the abso spam could help you stay alive long enough to wear down dps but you won’t break through any healing with it. WH are heavily dependent on big crits, and while the bullets will bypass the 1 spike abso will get mitigated to peanuts.
How about something like this then?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4366,4356

Absorb proc on 3 sec cd+heal close to every GCD will add lot of survivability, while both Bullets and Jagged Edge do a nonphysical dmg and ignore toughness so should add up lot of dmg.

Sarnai

Post#8 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:21 am

Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 am
Sarnai wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 am Adding in Sanctified Bullets for the heal with the abso spam could help you stay alive long enough to wear down dps but you won’t break through any healing with it. WH are heavily dependent on big crits, and while the bullets will bypass the 1 spike abso will get mitigated to peanuts.

Absorb proc on 3 sec cd+heal close to every GCD will add lot of survivability, while both Bullets and Jagged Edge do a nonphysical dmg and ignore toughness so should add up lot of dmg.
I'll happily give it a shot!

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#9 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 am This is the highest DPS build in T1 but isnt nearly as good later on.
It works up to Lvl 30, until you loose the Lvl48 Bolster ;) But outside of that you are right, Bullet spec = not effective :P
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Brickson

Post#10 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 am

Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 am

Sounds interesting. What gear would you pick for that and how would you use your renown points?
To pile on to the non physical damage you could use Fervor as accusation builder. Level 70 could look like this: RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

Not sure if the damage would be enough to make anyone care, but worth a try, I guess.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW