Recent Topics

Ads

[wh] Bullet spec.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

Re: [wh] Bullet spec.

Post#11 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:38 am

Brickson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 am
Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 am
Sarnai wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 am Adding in Sanctified Bullets for the heal with the abso spam could help you stay alive long enough to wear down dps but you won’t break through any healing with it. WH are heavily dependent on big crits, and while the bullets will bypass the 1 spike abso will get mitigated to peanuts.
How about something like this then?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4366,4356

Absorb proc on 3 sec cd+heal close to every GCD will add lot of survivability, while both Bullets and Jagged Edge do a nonphysical dmg and ignore toughness so should add up lot of dmg.
Sounds interesting. What gear would you pick for that and how would you use your renown points?
To pile on to the non physical damage you could use Fervor as accusation builder. Level 70 could look like this: RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

Not sure if the damage would be enough to make anyone care, but worth a try, I guess.
With this spec you you have sustain, you don't have aa haste, and you don't have crit dmg tactic and things going off crit except Jagged Edge which doesn't requires that much crit to keep up. Procs also don't benefit from BL % dmg weapons, so some other options will likely be better.

Probably best is maximizing sustain- FS, possibly using domi for second absorb proc like WEs do. Would likely skip crit- it matters lot less in this build.

For weapons would probably use city dungeons ones, not sure which procs besides dmg they got but 2 weapons with nonphysical procs, with as fast as possible mainhand since you don't have aa haste, might be good.

Would also look into ap regen- with this build wh can last long enough for it to matter.

One bonus btw is that if you can catch them without healer, toughness/regen tanks become a legitimate targets- procs kill them fast enough.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
MMXX43

Post#12 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 am

Bear in mind that the heal from Sanctified bullets , wont heal you for the flat damage of the ability but for the 450 + spirit damage of the individual bullet you are using.

Brickson

Post#13 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:29 am

Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:38 am
Brickson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 am
Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 am

How about something like this then?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4366,4356

Absorb proc on 3 sec cd+heal close to every GCD will add lot of survivability, while both Bullets and Jagged Edge do a nonphysical dmg and ignore toughness so should add up lot of dmg.
Sounds interesting. What gear would you pick for that and how would you use your renown points?
To pile on to the non physical damage you could use Fervor as accusation builder. Level 70 could look like this: RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

Not sure if the damage would be enough to make anyone care, but worth a try, I guess.
With this spec you you have sustain, you don't have aa haste, and you don't have crit dmg tactic and things going off crit except Jagged Edge which doesn't requires that much crit to keep up. Procs also don't benefit from BL % dmg weapons, so some other options will likely be better.

Probably best is maximizing sustain- FS, possibly using domi for second absorb proc like WEs do. Would likely skip crit- it matters lot less in this build.

For weapons would probably use city dungeons ones, not sure which procs besides dmg they got but 2 weapons with nonphysical procs, with as fast as possible mainhand since you don't have aa haste, might be good.

Would also look into ap regen- with this build wh can last long enough for it to matter.

One bonus btw is that if you can catch them without healer, toughness/regen tanks become a legitimate targets- procs kill them fast enough.
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately dominator and city weapons would be several weeks of grinding away from me :(

Just took a look at the city weapons: The fastest mainhand (1.8) has a physical damage proc. The next ones would be at 2.7 with a nonphysical dot or 2.9 for nonphysical direct damage. The nonphysical options are rather slow.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Brickson

Post#14 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:16 pm

Did a bit of testing today with the equip I had at hand: 3 vanquisher and 3 invader with toughness talis, subjugator sword and rr61 pistol with str talis, 2 pieces undying genesis and 3 pieces warriot genesis. For renown I took full regeneration, 2 levels of fs and 3 levels of toughness (rr 70).

I was definitely more durable. But my damage already felt kind of gimpy. Although my equip wasn't full out defensive. The 6% crit this setup left me with didn't feel like enough to keep jagged edge up. Since the fights went longer than usual I also ran into AP problems. Even though my equip had +7 AP/s.

Surely the equipment and my playstyle have room for improvement and I did not run into that many 1v1 situations. Maybe someone more competent and better equiped can make it work. But my first impression is that this will not provide enough damage. You could probably wrestle down some people after several minutes if you go for even more defense. But how often do you have that much 1v1 time in the lakes or scenarios?
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Arziak
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:02 pm

Fey

Post#16 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 pm

If I may digress slightly, what is the best spec for really bad gear? Like, I'm 40/40 in obliterator gear if I remember. I might have some annihilator I can't recall. Do I glass Cannon it like usual?

I've always found absolution to be extremely satisfying to use. The idea of a viable abso-spam build gives me the tingles. I find these types of threads fascinating so like Tom Steyer I just want attention.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Zxul

Post#17 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:25 am

Brickson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:16 pm Did a bit of testing today with the equip I had at hand: 3 vanquisher and 3 invader with toughness talis, subjugator sword and rr61 pistol with str talis, 2 pieces undying genesis and 3 pieces warriot genesis. For renown I took full regeneration, 2 levels of fs and 3 levels of toughness (rr 70).

I was definitely more durable. But my damage already felt kind of gimpy. Although my equip wasn't full out defensive. The 6% crit this setup left me with didn't feel like enough to keep jagged edge up. Since the fights went longer than usual I also ran into AP problems. Even though my equip had +7 AP/s.

Surely the equipment and my playstyle have room for improvement and I did not run into that many 1v1 situations. Maybe someone more competent and better equiped can make it work. But my first impression is that this will not provide enough damage. You could probably wrestle down some people after several minutes if you go for even more defense. But how often do you have that much 1v1 time in the lakes or scenarios?
For this spec 3 tactics that are needed are absorb/heal on Bullet/Flowing Accusations, with the last spot optional. What might work is keeping several sets of tactics, each with a different tactic in 4th spot, and preselecting the best one depending on target. Jagged Edge for toughness targets, Riposte for mdps (it might be nerfed, but in this setup you are getting it+Bullet spam dmg), maybe Blessed Blade for targets where you expect more armor for extra 50% armor ignoring Absolution.

Also what are the procs on wh epic quests/city dungeons weapons? I still suspect there might be some good stuff there.

Might be worth checking the procs on armor sets as well, losing some stats for a good proc from lower sets might be worth it, especially that with this spec you have durability to use things which you wouldn't be able to in a more traditional spec. Also WEs in defensive setups love domi for absorb proc, might be worth trying it, possibly with offensive talis, and possibly with merc chest for regen.
Fey wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 pm If I may digress slightly, what is the best spec for really bad gear? Like, I'm 40/40 in obliterator gear if I remember. I might have some annihilator I can't recall. Do I glass Cannon it like usual?

I've always found absolution to be extremely satisfying to use. The idea of a viable abso-spam build gives me the tingles. I find these types of threads fascinating so like Tom Steyer I just want attention.
This setup might actually be the one you are looking for, since lot of the stuff in it (absorb/heal from Bullets/dmg from Bullets) doesn't scales with stats anyway and as such will work effectively even with a bad gear.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Brickson

Post#18 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 am

Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:25 am
Brickson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:16 pm Did a bit of testing today with the equip I had at hand: 3 vanquisher and 3 invader with toughness talis, subjugator sword and rr61 pistol with str talis, 2 pieces undying genesis and 3 pieces warriot genesis. For renown I took full regeneration, 2 levels of fs and 3 levels of toughness (rr 70).

For this spec 3 tactics that are needed are absorb/heal on Bullet/Flowing Accusations, with the last spot optional. What might work is keeping several sets of tactics, each with a different tactic in 4th spot, and preselecting the best one depending on target. Jagged Edge for toughness targets, Riposte for mdps (it might be nerfed, but in this setup you are getting it+Bullet spam dmg), maybe Blessed Blade for targets where you expect more armor for extra 50% armor ignoring Absolution.

Also what are the procs on wh epic quests/city dungeons weapons? I still suspect there might be some good stuff there.

Might be worth checking the procs on armor sets as well, losing some stats for a good proc from lower sets might be worth it, especially that with this spec you have durability to use things which you wouldn't be able to in a more traditional spec. Also WEs in defensive setups love domi for absorb proc, might be worth trying it, possibly with offensive talis, and possibly with merc chest for regen.
Fey wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 pm If I may digress slightly, what is the best spec for really bad gear? Like, I'm 40/40 in obliterator gear if I remember. I might have some annihilator I can't recall. Do I glass Cannon it like usual?

This setup might actually be the one you are looking for, since lot of the stuff in it (absorb/heal from Bullets/dmg from Bullets) doesn't scales with stats anyway and as such will work effectively even with a bad gear.
Brickson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:29 am Just took a look at the city weapons: The fastest mainhand (1.8) has a physical damage proc. The next ones would be at 2.7 with a nonphysical dot or 2.9 for nonphysical direct damage. The nonphysical options are rather slow.
Is there a functioning way to check the epic quest rewards without doing the quests? The links provided in the wiki aren't showing the correct items for me.

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Brickson wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 am
Spoiler:

Brickson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:29 am Just took a look at the city weapons: The fastest mainhand (1.8) has a physical damage proc. The next ones would be at 2.7 with a nonphysical dot or 2.9 for nonphysical direct damage. The nonphysical options are rather slow.
Is there a functioning way to check the epic quest rewards without doing the quests? The links provided in the wiki aren't showing the correct items for me.
Not that I'm aware of. What are the procs on city weapons, besides dmg? There should be an armor debuff and snare from what I remember, what else?

Brickson

Post#20 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:44 pm
Brickson wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 am
Spoiler:

Not that I'm aware of. What are the procs on city weapons, besides dmg? There should be an armor debuff and snare from what I remember, what else?

For anyone who wants to theorycraft a bit:
https://imgur.com/a/zdwLdkv
https://imgur.com/a/Btfhr7X