Recent Topics

Ads

WP vs Knigh offspec

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deifact

Re: WP vs Knigh offspec

Post#11 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 am

mytreds wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:48 pm Don’t listen to these guys. Knight can do great damage. Just requires higher rr and endgame gear.
This would also be the case for WP, no?

Ads
hellc95

Post#12 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:46 am

mytreds wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:48 pm Don’t listen to these guys. Knight can do great damage. Just requires higher rr and endgame gear.
Yeah you can do some damage, but your only burst is like half myrmidia's channel+slashing blade+auto attack, wich is not very good. And anyways your damage will never be to the level of a Chosen, or an IB, or a SM, or a BO, or a BG... So yeah, since runefang was removed we kinda got the short end of the stick

saupreusse
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:29 am

Deifact wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 am
Everything will do dmg in offspec and bis endgame gear.

agemennon675

Post#14 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:34 pm

saupreusse wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:29 am
Deifact wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 am
Everything will do dmg in offspec and bis endgame gear.
Yes but are they going to deal enough dmg to other bis endgame gear opponents is the real question here
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

M0rw47h

Post#15 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Question is what one wants to achieve.
If he wants outlast melees in 1v1, he should be able to.
If he wants to X vs 1, then any amount of damage is enough.
If he wants to "dps" in serious 6v6 group as dps - nope, not enough damage.
If he wants to play as "dps" in warband - nope, not enough, just debuff applier.

Vandoles

Post#16 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 am

Super excited to return to RoR, read up that my two main classes are both in a bad state right now (WH and SW), no matter, I'll just play my knight! Was always fun slapping stuff around with a sword and the magic specc on live! Aaaand I read here runefang is removed and the damage is severely nerfed :lol:

Zxul

Post#17 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:33 am

Vandoles wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 am Super excited to return to RoR, read up that my two main classes are both in a bad state right now (WH and SW), no matter, I'll just play my knight! Was always fun slapping stuff around with a sword and the magic specc on live! Aaaand I read here runefang is removed and the damage is severely nerfed :lol:
Try this one, with snb with ws slotted and dmg aura/reflect aura/Precision Strike spam. Suspect especially with m1 armor debuff it will still do some dmg, while still keeping good defense.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3096,3099
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Vandoles

Post#18 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:39 am

Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:33 am
Vandoles wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 am Super excited to return to RoR, read up that my two main classes are both in a bad state right now (WH and SW), no matter, I'll just play my knight! Was always fun slapping stuff around with a sword and the magic specc on live! Aaaand I read here runefang is removed and the damage is severely nerfed :lol:
Try this one, with snb with ws slotted and dmg aura/reflect aura/Precision Strike spam. Suspect especially with m1 armor debuff it will still do some dmg, while still keeping good defense.

Never liked snb kotbs. For me the huge sword was part of the deal and honestly I never felt right unless an, ahem, blazing sun effect was coming out of it into the enemy. Annihilator - early conqueror sorta times on RoR, 2h kotbs conquest was seriously good while not totally overpowered, so I had fun with that even without the dot specc, but snb is a step too far. Sounds balanced, but sad to see fun being erased in exchange for balance.

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Vandoles wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:39 am
Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:33 am

Never liked snb kotbs. For me the huge sword was part of the deal and honestly I never felt right unless an, ahem, blazing sun effect was coming out of it into the enemy. Annihilator - early conqueror sorta times on RoR, 2h kotbs conquest was seriously good while not totally overpowered, so I had fun with that even without the dot specc, but snb is a step too far. Sounds balanced, but sad to see fun being erased in exchange for balance.
In the spec which I posted snb is Coordination enabler, if you prefer 2h can replace the tactic with say Rugged and go 2h.

There is another reason for going dps with snb though- you can chaise kiters while channeling htl, followed by Heaven's Fury- melee snare- Juggernaut to break snare on you- kill. Going 2h, you are trading the ability to deal with kiters for a small dps boost.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

phononHYPE

Post#20 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 pm

If you are just looking for funzies, and big hits RoR.builders - Warrior Priest is your best bet. You have to get the enemy to 50%, or jump in a fight where they are there already, but guarantee big hit.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative