Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Duukar

Re: [WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Post#41 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:11 pm

velenne wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:43 pm
Duukar wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:36 am The answer is simple.

Let them wear medium armor that slightly reduces AP costs but prevents stealth.

Let them wear light armor that allows stealth and buffs evade.

Pair that with a modest 15% damage increase almost across the board.

Suddenly that 75% heal debuff looks pretty good on the train in medium armor.
It's clever but would also require them to make double the armor sets and models for our class. I don't see that happening.

I think our fundamental issue at the moment is that the devs think the class is in a good place. My post above would suggest it's not.
Then a toggle like a stance to make the switch from Light armor to "medium armor".. That would be easy to implement.

Ads
velenne

Post#42 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks to all the voices starting to chime in! This is quickly becoming a really productive discussion. I hope someone sees this and takes note. Maybe we can get this class the attention it's crying out for.

ZEDE

Post#43 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:39 pm

WH is a good group item if used correctly.
If it is kept and healer exactly like a slayer or wl, the survivability is identical (on condition of having balanced the stats .. of course), the dps is slightly below because the CDs and required conditions were not designed for a refresh adapted to wb VS wb, but when all the conditions are met (razor strike + dragon gun / crit / buff / debuff / positioning)
wh can be very above the average of dps.
we can discuss hours and hours on knockouts, invisibility, immunity, stun / staggar .. etc, it's really a question of game play, learning and timing (in addition linked by the chosen orientation: solo or group).
The only thing that really grieves me is not to have "more" possibility of aoe as "razor strike" (hits 2 additional targets, so 3 targets in total but with 10% less damage).
During the first two months of the "city" we noticed that the "razor strike" hit at least 8 targets around with a range of around 25 m. (explanation = it was a bug ..., but nobody had seen it before the city)
At that time, the WH became a real dps aoe, very useful in dps as in buff / debuff, is seen on the dps and kill result tables.
so there have been complaints (while the WE had the same advantages ..lol) from players quite close to the DEV ...
and there was "n e r f" (well ... restoration of the normal and original capacity of the "razor strike").
Basically, it was so disturbing that the WH could AOE ...
Since the WH row completely, with the change modification of the bonus set sovereing, with the impossibility of using the jewel inveader and warlord to make mix mix inv / sov, warl / sov. (Fortunately we can still use the poor sentinel .. .).
Re-giving the WH the possibility of doing real AOE dps could really change things and give the wh the possibility of reintegrating the wb, like everyone else ...

Sarnai

Post#44 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Just wanna use doors/portals/pots while stealthed man
WH looking for gunbad left

Sulorie

Post#45 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Sarnai wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:05 pm Just wanna use doors/portals/pots while stealthed man
Oh yes. Potions not so much, at least on live it was similar. But being unable to use doors or portals is annoying as F and different to live and previous times on this server.
Dying is no option.

Honshu
Banned

Post#46 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 am

It's so weird. I remember on live that Witch Hunters and Witch Elves were feared for how quickly they would insta-gib you. They were still kind of niche in WBs as memory serves; back then, iirc they were the only ones who could sneak through postern doors, so every now and again you'd get ganksquads on your walls. It was kinda cool when it worked, which in fairness wasn't often.

I may need to subject myself to some suicidal tendencies by playing one in order to gain a better perspective of what kind of buffs they should have, if any. My gut winces at how many suggestions in this thread basically boil down to "turn them into another MDPS."

For the sake of spitballing some ideas from an admittedly ignorant perspective, what if,
Stealth was permanent, and you were able to regenerate AP in it as long as you stood still? Buff their most unique aspects instead of making them another samey MDPS.
They received anti-resurrection abilities as part of their core kit? Maybe their Kisses/Blessed Bullets or their Frenzies/Executions apply a debuff where, if you die while it's on, you can't be revived for a certain period of time, forcing you to either wait for a period of time or to respawn away from the battle, rewarding them more meaningfully for getting pickoffs or delivering finishing blows with the melee train.

BeautfulToad

Post#47 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Nekkma wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:05 am Having played alot with WEs, both here and on live, I believe alot of WE/WH play the class in WBs with solo-mode turned on. Drop the idea that you stealth around alone, trying to gank some healer in the outskirts of battle. With all the cross-healing flying around that will rarely result in a kill.

Get a guard and be a part of the melee train.
Probably agree with this. WHs do decent enough ST damage, and in RvR join the melee train.

I would like to try an entire 6-man witch hunter group and just gank the hell out of destro.

Sarnai

Post#48 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:43 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 pm I would like to try an entire 6-man witch hunter group and just gank the hell out of destro.
Careful with that. When it's a 2/2/2 6man everyone applauds coordination and teamwork. When a couple WHs gang together to smash faces it's nothing but a lot of qq and 'lol they must suck solo'.

Ads
Zxul

Post#49 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Sarnai wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:43 pm
BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 pm I would like to try an entire 6-man witch hunter group and just gank the hell out of destro.
Careful with that. When it's a 2/2/2 6man everyone applauds coordination and teamwork. When a couple WHs gang together to smash faces it's nothing but a lot of qq and 'lol they must suck solo'.
Actually no, most of 6man coordination is usually in how to gank soloers and how to run away every time when they run into actual opposition.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sarnai

Post#50 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:15 pm Actually no, most of 6man coordination is usually in how to gank soloers and how to run away every time when they run into actual opposition.
Yeah, that definitely happens too! Hell I've been chased out of lakes into pve by 6mans when I've been soloing :lol: