Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Ranked solo

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Stelien

[WH] Ranked solo

Post#1 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm

After getting stomped once again in solo ranked i decided i wanted to make a topic about WH/WE performance in solo ranked. I'm personally extremely disappointed in my performance. As a player with around 15-20 years of experience in different kind of PvP games i just cant stand the fact that i cant see any possible way to improve my gameplay.

My personally most successful build was confession where you try to pressure (usually just survive) until i reach m4 and try to surprise them with burst. I tried ST judgement build with healing debuffs and everything, but its just impossible to use that build since you have to hit enemies from behind and they usually just rush directly on you.

If you open the leaderboard you can see that there's just 8 WH/WE in it and all except Meera(WE) have negative score (In comparison there are 18 DoKs). I wonder how can this happen to the classes which are useless in most aspects of the game, and only argument in their favor is that "They're made for small scale combat".

As i'm almost 80 and have some sov pieces already i cant see how getting more sov pieces or anything is going to change my performance dramatically. I really hoped that i would enjoy this new content but i'm honestly losing any will to play it. Cities i don't even consider anymore since no1 wants WH, you are condemned to PUG, so what is the situation in which WH/WE thrives?

What are your thoughts, suggestions, builds you find successful in solo ranked?
Andresila 80+ WH
Stelien 40+ WL
Andresilla 70+ WE
Zivotije 40+ Choppa

Ads
jokerspsycho

Re: [WH] Ranked solo

Post#2 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Stelien wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm Situation in which WH/WE thrives?
Small scale, except we aren't really the best for small scale.

But people say we dont need buffs for small scale because the game isnt balanced around small scale, its balanced around warband play.

But we also cant get buffs for warband play because we are an assassin archetype class thus we belong in small scale.

Wdova

Post#3 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:27 pm

But people say we dont need buffs for small scale because the game isnt balanced around small scale, its balanced around warband play.

But we also cant get buffs for warband play because we are an assassin archetype class thus we belong in small scale.
Sadly its just like that. Pretty nice sum.

Starting to regret I havent rerolled to WL insted of trying to improve my old WH. No statement from devs if anything going to happen to WH/WE in (near) future neighter.
WH is overshined even in 6 man by slayer,WL and aSW. In warband play they are overshined by Slayer and WL too. Are they just doomed to solo roam forever and solo(Pug) cities and forts?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

jokerspsycho

Post#4 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 am

Wdova wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am Are they just doomed to solo roam forever and solo(Pug) cities and forts?
Was on discord Wednesday and war stated about ASW:

"The problem is theres 500 different opinions how to fix the class.

But we will still try.

And people will still be salty about it."

So they know theres problems with the classes, especially our "meme" classes. One can just hope they will fix it one way or another.

Starx

Post#5 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:28 am

WH is pretty bad in 6v6, ASW plays virtually the same role but better. Stealth is horrible in this game, and the TTK is too long for an assassin type class to actually assassinate anyone. It's not all the WH's fault however, because WE isn't a half bad 6v6 pick, but this is because destro tanks bring utility that order doesn't that you need in 6v6 and DPS dok exists etc...

ranked 6v6 is an entirely different beast than organized 6v6 though. I would recommend just going cookie cutter WH and then go BaL or EW based on your pref. Then use the only unique thing WH has over other DPS which is the fact they have both incoming and outgoing healdebuffs, tell your team to sit on a healer with you and just create a new win condition where the other team has to kill you before you kill their healer. If they try and race healer kills they SHOULD lose because your healers should be freecasting and they have on being sat on doubled healdebuffed and being interrupted.

This doesn't work in organized settings because communication allowing for better CC setups and just better tank play and peels going on. You will just get kited to death, and now in bad pos with no pressure on their dps.

If there is a RDPS in your solo que 6v6 just sit on them instead. Theres a reason RDPS sucks ass in 6v6 and you should remind them why (because RDPS lose a ton of pressure when being sat on compared to MDPS)

xscottx9

Post#6 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:24 pm

so .. just dont roll and play a Witch Hunter?

arguably the most iconic and amazing class in any MMO . . ever.

amagawd

Post#7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:31 pm

I think the majority of issues with WH/WE is most of the players don't know how to be sneaky and choose the moment and target to fight.

I would suggest you play a bit more sneaky and focus the squishies in the backline while their frontline is busy with zerging. Doing this puts more pressure on the healers. Majority of ppl in this game focus on tanks, still can't believe this is happening but it's what we got.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

xscottx9

Post#8 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:24 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:31 pm I think the majority of issues with WH/WE is most of the players don't know how to be sneaky and choose the moment and target to fight.

I would suggest you play a bit more sneaky and focus the squishies in the backline while their frontline is busy with zerging. Doing this puts more pressure on the healers. Majority of ppl in this game focus on tanks, still can't believe this is happening but it's what we got.

So your saying WH is fine, and people are just stabbing and shooting Tanks? If I read the other forum post's concerning this, the targets are not Tanks .. they are going after backline, and failing miserably.

Ads
sighy

Post#9 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 am

Wdova wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am

Starting to regret I havent rerolled to WL insted of trying to improve my old WH. No statement from devs if anything going to happen to WH/WE in (near) future neighter.
WH is overshined even in 6 man by slayer,WL and aSW. In warband play they are overshined by Slayer and WL too. Are they just doomed to solo roam forever and solo(Pug) cities and forts?
TLDR from another thread to save you time.
They are not planning anythign any time soon and even once they get to it the buff will probably revolve around them drastically overestimating the value of stealth, as an unique mechanic only the pairing has. Probably not fixing any of the real issues, because of that...

Stelien

Post#10 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:57 am

sighy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 am
Wdova wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am

TLDR from another thread to save you time.
They are not planning anythign any time soon and even once they get to it the buff will probably revolve around them drastically overestimating the value of stealth, as an unique mechanic only the pairing has. Probably not fixing any of the real issues, because of that...
Yeah, i realized that devs don't have real understanding of balance issues in this version of the game, or even class knowledge, which is fine as you cant expect them to have played and understood all the details which make one class, but they easily dismiss any complaints or suggestions (my perception of it) and arguments are usually very generalized and weak. I don't expect them to waste too much time on reworking classes but they could tweak numbers easily i guess (as they did for mara). Anyway as a competitive player in all games i couldn't stand the imbalances in game so i quit after reaching 80 on my WH (my main). I still think this game is among the best mmorpgs out there, even better than most which you have to pay for.
Andresila 80+ WH
Stelien 40+ WL
Andresilla 70+ WE
Zivotije 40+ Choppa