Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS most efficient end game gear combination discussion and spreadsheet.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jvlosky

KOTBS most efficient end game gear combination discussion and spreadsheet.

Post#1 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 am

https://gofile.io/d/RLxgeL

Above is the link for the spreadsheet shown.
https://imgur.com/0PUmf0i

These are the stats for Warlord and Sov2 (dps) set and in yalls opinion which combination of those sets would be the best for maximizing your offensive capabilities for SC ranked and being offensive in Cities?

I was thinking Warlord Ring, Chest and Belt and the rest Sov2 to maximize damage and get the full weaponskill bonus from warlord.

What are yalls thoughts?

Edit: Dunno why I can't upload the picture of the spreadsheet directly into the post, probably user error. There is an imgur link now of it.

Ads
Hypernia

Re: KOTBS most efficient end game gear combination discussion and spreadsheet.

Post#2 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:53 am

5 Bloodlord, 3 Off Sov (Cloak, Gloves, Jewel), 2 Genesis Warrior, Sentinel Ring, Nightless for wep

Gives you more parry which is a better stat focus than trying to eke too much dps out of a class that isn't designed for it

jvlosky

Post#3 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Hypernia wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:53 am 5 Bloodlord, 3 Off Sov (Cloak, Gloves, Jewel), 2 Genesis Warrior, Sentinel Ring, Nightless for wep

Gives you more parry which is a better stat focus than trying to eke too much dps out of a class that isn't designed for it
Dude thanks for your input good looking out. Why sentinel ring over sov, bloodlord, or another genesis?

mytreds

Post#4 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:42 am

Sentinel ring can slot a talisman

orillah
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 am

jvlosky wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:57 pm
Hypernia wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:53 am 5 Bloodlord, 3 Off Sov (Cloak, Gloves, Jewel), 2 Genesis Warrior, Sentinel Ring, Nightless for wep

Dude thanks for your input good looking out. Why sentinel ring over sov, bloodlord, or another genesis?
He has Sov ring as well as sentinel and genesis man. Jewel=SovRing.

mytreds

Post#6 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:07 am

My question is why off sov? I’ve been told the stats are meh and warlord is better.

Lime

Post#7 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Although I haven't played in months I did a whole lot of cities and had the first warlord set. There is no true "best" knight gear setup imo.

Warlord/Offsov/Defsov/Bloodlord/Redeye/Oppressor/random other set I'm probably forgetting are largely interchangeable in that as long as your defensive minimums are met it mostly won't matter as you will be the last one to die in all gear sets in a proper group. Offensive stats do not scale well on knight and adding hundreds of strength doesn't do much of anything as you are forced to run 4 utility tactics for high end group play (slice through, focused mending, punt, and overpowering swing which largely means all your bonuses for damage, +str, +ws and crit bonuses don't scale that well like classes with really strong dps tactics like BO or SM so largely you just care about parry, wounds, crit reduction, armor, and parry strikethrough.

Got a couple options for gear I'd say:

6pc Redeye + 2 pc def sov: Despite being 5+ sets behind Armor debuff procs are really strong in this game. A 1050 unremoveable armor debuff that stacks with your demo strike works really well with Slayer/WH/SM/MSW type comps where you lack an armor debuff but deal mostly physical damage. Unlike the IB and WL armor debuff this debuff cannot be removed by good healer zealot/shamans immediately to neutralize your team's burst rotation. Double armor debuffing someone with arcing swing debuff, and punting the tank that target is usually dead. This setup is less good if you play with IB/WL or magical damage dealers BW/AM, etc. You lose some wounds with this setup but can still reach ~12k hp with +24 wound talis.

Full off sov or full warlord setup: Get 2 extra skillpoints and clicky range snare, but you have to wear the weak pieces of gear from the set and miss out on mixing bonuses. Not a bad roaming setup because it allows you to run aoe stagger with extra points as well as the other key tactics. These sets are very similar and good in most situations.

Full def sov with snb: Mostly for warband duty guarding a #1 priority kill target bright wizard and running an m4 or when you get put in that group with the healer that eats crayons. Alot of toughness on this set but you mostly get ignored so probably not that great. The 2 pc is amazing for raw wounds value however.

Mix and match sets: Stacking small set bonuses while cherry picking desirable pieces. Allows you to stack parry pieces, and wounds bonuses for maximum tankiness. This would be the maximum wounds setup with 3 pc off sov, 2 pc def sov. 3pc warlord etc.

Ideally you have gearing options and swap gear for the situation.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG