Recent Topics

Ads

WP Melee Dps

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gareul

Re: WP Melee Dps

Post#21 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 am

DoK Dps has better tools allowing it to perform better, the WP needs to be brought up to it either in dps department or has more melee heals atm DoK is still better melee combat just go to career builder u will see why.

Ads
uanaka

Post#22 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 pm

No reason wrath should get access back to Sigmar Radiance, grace is the melee heal tree and wrath is the single target dps tree. Sure Wrath doesn't have the same tools that other pure dps classes have, but it also has access to a ton of self-sustain. Unfortunately, not every class and every spec is going to be optimal or even viable in every situation. While there may be classes that currently are, I think that is more of an issue of those classes potentially being overtuned.

Need to chase someone as wrath? Use your ghetto charge of a flee and double AP pots.

Getting snared? You have an amazing snare breaker and it gives you 10 secs of immunity too.

Could it get a strength tactic? Sure, but this is a DPS healer, you shouldn't necessarily be able to soft cap as easily as pure dps classes.

Could it get more CC? I've always joked that wielding a 2h that top-heavy, could be very useful in swinging that around to punt someone away ;) do I expect it? Probably not. You have a pretty reliable snare and sure it has a pre-requisite requirement, but if you're not already debuffing your targets, that's already wrong in the first place.

Morales are fine. I would shy away from giving classes even more undefendable damage morales.

Could hastened divinity be included in another tactic? That'd be cool because you are limited with your tactic builds.

Rydiak

Post#23 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Yea, if anything Wrath has a tactic problem. Hastened Divinity would be a good tactic to roll into another one of the core Wrath tactics, to free up a slot so it at least has one "your choice here" tactic.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Gareul

Post#24 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:01 pm

And our M1 Divine Aegis that gives a very tiny HoT and some armor could use a buff getting bored of only haveing Divine favor to use. DoKs getting the 50% damage turned into heals for the group winch is not that great but prob useful in pve.

PieTreBlu

Post#25 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:51 pm

The tactics "problem" is common among all the hybrid healers as you need to slot the two +DMG -20% heal tactics and two other offensive tactics to somewhat "compete" with the main dps classes. DoK has the +50% AA on crit as well and AM/Sham have the +10% crit on offensive spells.

Technically DoK is on an even "worse" situation as their 4th tactic will be the heal debuff on crit most of the times. Worse as in "they have less choice", the heal debuff is probably one of the main things that make DoK superior to WP.

Point is if they changed the tactics design for WP they would have to do the same for AM/Sham and DoK. Unless we're just talking about the dps WP "power level" and not design philosophy behind the "hybrid tax" on tactics slots space in which case it would make no sense to buff WP by eliminating a weakness common among all hybrids.

Gareul

Post#26 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Putting something extra on hastened divinity and Doks mirror version instead of combining would go along way, like a small grp heal off auto attacks for WP and DoKs get a small debuff i dont know just an idea.

Gareul

Post#27 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:20 am

I call bullshit on the whole balance argument that WPs have enough utility or damage i am rr76 i have seen Shamans/AMs/DoKs not only have more utility but do more damage and better morales for damage they also have better tactics apart from DoKs, and AM and Shaman can do it from range and kite they are also hybrids, almost every destro class gets a instant knockdown wtf is this ****, WP need work and buffs simple as that.

Gareul

Post#28 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 am

WP need a cc apart from tiny knock back we have big hammers ffs and we are melee while destro get all those interrupts and knockdowns.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#29 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:30 am

What gear would you suggest for a dps wp, just go full bloodlord, or is it possible to be useful without doing pve?

PieTreBlu

Post#30 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Nah, you need bloodlord to do decently. They're not as bad as people think but are extremely gear dependant and even then still require support to shine (like all melee dps) which makes 90% of the dps wp you see roaming around pretty terrible and contribute to the bad rep they get as a whole.

It's a lot of work to get very little in return other than the personal satisfaction of playing an underdog class and doing well. Don't do it unless you know what you're getting yourself into as buffs may never come. Then again at the worst you will still have one of the best healer and pve farmers in the game in your characters stable, hehe.

Anyway look up Halcite on the armory, I think he wears dps wp best in slot (which is basically full bloodlord + 3 beastlord iirc).