Recent Topics

Ads

WP Melee Dps

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gareul

Re: WP Melee Dps

Post#11 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:02 am

Both Grace and Wraht need useful morales i think morales in general for the whole class needs a retool.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#12 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 am

WPs need a lot. Not just Wrath ones but all - a better snare, more physical damage, allies (not groupies) heal on Sigmar’s Radiance, and a decent damaging ability based on willpower.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Gareul

Post#13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:01 pm

From my continued experience in citys with wrath, the class has some good tools but damage especially aoe is far to low, first we need more strength badly or ability damage scaling adjusted, then our morales need a damage buff and we need a good M2/M4 with utility. Please do something with soulfire.

Gareul

Post#14 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:59 am

Sigmars Wrath could use a crit damage component to it so WP can have burst, and Hastened Divinity could use a tiny group heal off auto attacks to make up for lifetaps taken off guilty soul.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 am

From my experience running a mwp in our party and having tried it myself i would aswell suggest to give him more mobility, a reliable cc like a knockdown, a 7 sec slow immunity like other mdps, a spammable aoe ability to be able to apply more pressure. A strength tactic like other mdps that would help wp a lot pre bloodlord. Also the aa haste tactic should be included in the crit tactic, this would give wp one free tactic slot to slot strength tactic or proc tactic for more dps output...

The problem we have atm is that mwp cant really stick to a target because his slow has a prerequisite and is **** horribly short. Also he lacks charge and a slow immunity to keep up with the other mdps in the party. He needs the knockdown so he can stay on his enemies once he gets to them. He needs a strength tactic because otherwise its nearly impossible to get his strength up to 950 w/o pot.

These arent crazy ideas. Id just like to see mwp get some of the tools most true mdps have access to. He cant debuff neither armor nor spirit resistance so he would still require somone else to do this for him.

In terms of morale he could use a better dmg m1 and iirc the wrath m4 is trash.

RuffRyder

Post#16 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:48 am

It's hard to not sound harsh when I read some of the wishes here, although some concerns may be somewhat reasonable. I will keep it short.

What people wish here are things not even real dps classes have on their own, and we are talking about a healer class which has access to a single-target dps tree that is stronger as it has been on the original game thanks to what the team made it.

The class doesn't need massive AoE, it's an ST spec in the end.
Most other things mentioned in here are already there btw:
Want Spirit debuff? Group with SM or KotBS.
Want Armor debuff? Group with IB or KotBS... or just take it yourself with Bloodlord (WS bonus/proc with a few pieces) or Truth (City Dungeons Weapon), if you like to do the PvE grind that is. Or just use your built-in 25% Armor ignore ability, maybe?
Want crit? Spec into it when high enough or use you guaranteed crit with Hammer of Sigmar.

Plus, dps isn't only being main assist, so assist off other dps, apply your debuffs, use Unstoppable Wrath of Flee/AP pot when needed and use it smart.

If you stay going solo, yes it's harder ofc, but WP and DoK are closest to what you would call perpetuum mobile here imho.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Niightwish

Post#17 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Take it from someone who have played a Wrath WP mostly and in endgame type gear (6/7 Bloodlord + Bloodlord Weapon + full Genesis Warrior jwlry) that it’s really a waste of time to play a melee WP.

Why do I say this? It’s mostly already stated the lack of tools you ha e to stay on target, be mobile, have enough pressure etc.

If you want to play one just because you want to then it’s fine. With my gear I beat most WEs, Marauders, etc. I can go toe to toe with Tanks and most SHs. Casters are easy. Of course this is all 1v1 solo roaming. In any kind of group setting or in WBs you will simply handicap the group as you are neither as impactful as a full DPS class nor as a full Healer this getting hate tells.

In comparison my Dominator heated WH in Green Jwlry does more ST dmg then my Wrath WP so that’s that.
Stormvar - 40/65 WP of Order
Stormmvar - 40/60 WH of Order

Sinereas

Post#18 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:57 am

A thread full of nice theorycrafts which will just remain on the wildest dreams of posters: here the problem is that peoples want to have a all-in-one toon that heals like a bot, has a furious dps, tough like a tank, with cc and utilities (ress obviously included). I would like to ask devs a portable coffe machine on my back, just for utility, as well.

We can't have everything, we are a healing class.
I bet that most people, grinds high-end equipment, put it on and throw themselves in WB, do a couple of tests, get insulted and decide that it is appropriate to complain to the developers about the class.
Don't get me wrong, I'm the first I've been trying to swing a great hammer for years, but you need dedication, learn how to make it work, and -above all- make a name for yourself: probably as mWP will find space in a PUG wb, but I don't think any organized wb will ever kick out Halcite or Rydiak or a couple of others, having them inside.

So, grit your teeth, dry your tears and work on it.

PS: increasing range of Divine Strike to 30ft would be really appropriate though :P
Moranda

Ads
Gareul

Post#19 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 am

I do not want an all in one class that is ignorant statment, i want to **** perform as a MELEE what 90% of the damn class is. Also on that note Wrath needs more damage or give Radiance back it hurts the spec to much without it.

skinnyraf

Post#20 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:49 am

As someone who has only recently returned to reckoning ;): what is the status of DPS WP (and perhaps melee healing WP) compared with the situation just before WO:AoR shut down? Back then the message was pretty strong: "WP is a heal-bot; if you want a dps-healer, play a DOK".

From what I get from your discussion, it seems the situation of DPS WP actually approved compared with 2013, is that right?