WP Melee Dps

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gareul

WP Melee Dps

Post#1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:52 am

These are Just Ideas and improvements that would go a long way in WP Melee filling a spot in any Premade.

1. Soulfire - Needs to be instant cast main reason for this is set backs from being hit with cast time in melee significantly reduces dps and pressure damage that soulfire could be doing, or like the treatment castigation got on live give it instant damage and dot and leave the 1 sec cast time as is, currently soulfire can be a burden especially in city premades trying to get the thing off in mid fight.

2. Unstoppable Wrath - Freakin thank you devs for giving Melee WP this BUT we still suffer in large fights especially in tight spots with collision the way it is, the ability needs 10 - 20% speed buff to justify the 1 minute cd so we can atleast time the ability at the right moments to keep on the target for those 10 sec and move about the hectic fights in City's, no i don't want a charge because that would not only be OP but wouldn't fit the fantasy but cmon the WP doesn't get cc that's ok aslong as we don't have overwhelming amount of weaknesses to stay on targets.

3. Morales - Very lame morales apart from rampaging siphon and penance we need a good M4 in wrath tree the one that is there is laughable, i remember the one they removed when cc got the big overhaul Divine Amazement silence and disarm in 40feet cone, don't have to have that back since its prob OP but we need something that defines the melee WP role as wrath atm i cant think of anything but if i come up with a great idea ill let ya know.

4. Divine Shock - Please make this useful either make it aoe or larger cone but tbh we dont need a knockback we are melee healers even in dps spec we need a target, i would like to see this get an overhaul into having atleast one cc the class can use effectively over a puny punt, i was thinking a very short range KD or Disarm to act more of an interupt should only last a few seconds but then that would make specs like grace/salv to strong again i would have to think some more on what would be balanced to turn this ability into to make it useful. This ability in particular would need allot of testing in different situations to get right.

These ideas are not so Melee WP can replace pure dps class or be unbalanced just trying to fix some problems that make the specs to weak to fit into mainly premade spots like City's/SC and even PvE. Would like to see Melee WP come out and speak put ideas out there that are realistic and balanced, so us who love the spec can finally fully fit a unique roll in endgame.

Please be productive and don't flame this post.

Ads
Gareul

Re: WP Melee Dps

Post#2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 am

Forgot one Hastened Divinity Tactic should go in another tactic like Divine Fury to allow for more melee builds to be viable, doesn't have to be Divine Fury could go in another tactic, freeing up a slot could allow some little cc by using something like Endless Guilt. It would greatly help Grace spec aswell by giving it some hitting power and freedom to use other tactics.

Tarantoga

Post#3 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 am

I like the ideas mostly but they wouldnt make dps wp viable for wb imo because they would still lack aoe pressure which they had via heal debuff in the past. Really hope for some buffs aswell to give wbs a reason to take at least one dps wp. as for example wh who can fill a role in a wb

Gareul

Post#4 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:07 am

We have 50% heal debuff on 10 sec cd i use it allot. Like i was saying soulfire can give good pressure aoe damage just needs some changes.

Tarantoga

Post#5 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:11 am

Oh dok was the one with the aoe healdebuff in the past. Was confusing those two classes as it seems

GaruxReitor

Post#6 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:50 pm

I think Gareul makes some very good points and I agree with them.
As for a extra thought on morale. If you compare to DoK that should be the mirror class, their M4 from their dmg tree does damage and causes the target will not generate any morale during that time (presuming the information in RoR Career Builder is correct). Something like that might be worth looking into? To me it feels more like wrath than what we currently have.

I haven't played DoK myself so I can't really say what works or not for them in comparisonbut it does feel like they get more viable tools than we do sometimes.

Wdova

Post#7 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 pm

Melee WP? Horrible idea really.

Sadly I rolled WP just to find out how it is in reality and must admit this.

T1 pretty nice and fun

T2+ fun in scenarios, freenown in rvr

lvl 30+ I realized I have no tools to catch targets out of melee range and not even lvl 40 gonna change that. No knockdown, no disarm, just silence and stagger M3.

Those 2 seriously need tank friend to provide CC which both Dok and WP lack.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Zxul

Post#8 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 pm

GaruxReitor wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:50 pm If you compare to DoK that should be the mirror class, their M4 from their dmg tree does damage and causes the target will not generate any morale during that time (presuming the information in RoR Career Builder is correct). Something like that might be worth looking into? To me it feels more like wrath than what we currently have.
As someone who actually tested that one- in theory it does decent dmg- dot worth 2.3 k dmg over 7 sec (it scales with points invested into tree).

In practice, its a m4 (=3 min to get to it) which has a melee range, affects single target, and has a pretty useless special effect. All the time during which I had it, i got to use it exactly once.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:47 pm

My main issues with melee dps WP are that most of the tree doesn't really work together and you get some ridiculous tactic requirements (AA haste, Fanaticism & Wrath are a must have), which doesn't leave you with much flexibility given how many other tools you lack. The AoE debuff tactic is also pretty much a must have in orvr and it leaves you with not being to properly use a lot of your skills and tactics (soulfire, guilty soul).

Morales, relatively low burst damage, bad cc and anti-cc tools I can get over, but when half of the tree doesn't make sense with the other half, it's all pointless anyway.

Not to mention that with Grace getting shield and crucial melee skills getting a shield requirement, we'll never have "a melee dps healer" WP from live ever again. On Dok it kinda works because of the dualwield and quick attack speed, but WP just aint getting there.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Gareul

Post#10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 am

Yeah the closer im getting to endgame the more the wrath tree is lacking, imo Sigmars Wrath needs a buff maybe a flat damage bonus on top for some burst, ability damage needs same treatment as marauder. Because the class is basically suppose to be raw output of heals and damage due to lacking in utility so give us more hitting power in wrath if that's going to be the case permanently for wrath. PLEASE give us some damn movement to help all specs. Grace i use prob 3 tactic builds but wrath i use one wrath needs some tactic adjustments badly.

We are stat starved class so im wondering maybe adding strength to a wrath tactic or maybe adding to one of the base damage tactic like Hastened divinity, it would benefit grace aswell.