Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] (DPS BUILDS)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kinor

[KOTBS] (DPS BUILDS)

Post#1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:39 am

[KOTBS]
I know I ask for something very difficult, And I know that most people will tell me that the kotbs is to be a tank and blah blah

the question is: does anyone know of any good builds for the kotbs dps?
if you consider that there is no good or acceptable dps build which would be the best for a KOTBS DPS? 8-)
as kotbs dps which gear talismans should be used ?

please refrain from answering if you are just going to say it sucks to dps we all know that
thanks for your contributions: 3
:D :D :D :D

Ads
mytreds

Re: [KOTBS] (DPS BUILDS)

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:09 pm

I think the knight should be specced as a dps tank. Just look at the abilities of the knight compared to other tanks, and you’ll scratch your head as to why knight is even thought of as pure tank class. I feel the dmg side of knight needs to be explored.

Zxul

Post#3 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:36 am

My pm reply to someone asking the same question, might as well post it here:

Base build would be something like that:

RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Switch tactic set with absorb for one with Focused Mending for 6man/wb. Auras resists/ap, and switch the last one depending if you need dmg (aoe dmg aura- dmg really adds over time), healing (when channeling htl a lot, or in team/wb in general), On Your Guard. Remaining points based on personal preference (might want to get Coordination from middle tree at rr60).

This gives you:
-Decent base defense from Rugged/absorb or extra healing from Focused Mending.
-Between ap aura and Perseverance+Sun's blessing, lot of ap regen. Which is useful for:
-Defense- when facing destro ranged, this will help a lot with channeling htl with no downtime.
-Offense- from experience on chosen, you don't really have a burst anyway- you kill with high pressure over time, meaning ap regen to keep pressure up gives you more than some extra dmg. Precision Strike+ Efficient Swings+ap regen+ws talis will give you just that. This while remaining snb, since chosen/kotb scaling with str sucks anyway.
-Shield of the Sun when combined with Sun's Blessing over time will add quite a bit of dmg as well.
-Semi burst- build up all your dots on target, then hit m1 for armor debuff/1 more dot and spam Precision Strike. Between 25% armor ignore and 1 k armor debuff from m1 thats when Precision Strike should start really hurt.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

synthrocker

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:37 pm

mytreds wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:09 pm I think the knight should be specced as a dps tank. Just look at the abilities of the knight compared to other tanks, and you’ll scratch your head as to why knight is even thought of as pure tank class. I feel the dmg side of knight needs to be explored.
Because a full invader defense knight does more damage than a dps 2H knight. You’ll survive longer and the spike shield/damage reducer and heal from invader is incredible.

Only thing you really gain from 2H is the AoE wounds debuff and gotta waste a tactic slot for the crit debuff on it. It’s good in small scale but you’ll still deal more damage and debuff their damage as shield tank in full invader.

Also the dps knight has been explored. Since rune fang and stay focused nerf, they turned the lowest dps in the game to even lower
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Hypernia

Post#5 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:39 pm

It's not an effective dps class, however for 2h build there are basically 3 options.

Open RvR with Solar Flare (You can swap superpunt for Rugged if you need more toughness)

SCs and smaller scale w/ Runefang

Small Scale Knockdown no Runefang

I'm generally a fan of runefang builds, as the extra initiative lets you take FS2 instead of FS3, and use the 15 RR points somewhere else.

However, the Knockdown is very strong for smaller scale, so there's options both ways.

With Full Sov, this is a possible build as well which takes knockdown over stagger and keeps Runefang, but I don't think that 6pc Off Sov is worth it with the current stat distributions (5pc Off Sov / 3 Pc Bloodlord)

orillah
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:17 pm

I didnt test sov options atm, but so far there is no no dps builds for a knight.
And we talking about some viable stuff not a meme/lol builds.
Trying to squeeze more damage from knight always lead to sacrificing some utility, and utility is the only thing knight is good at.