Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Female WP off-hand

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Saain

[WP] Female WP off-hand

Post#1 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:31 am

I just have a quick question regarding books for female WPs.

In the character panel, my character holds the book along the middle of the back of it, as does the male WPs. However, when drawn, she holds the book by the very top of the spine which looks really odd.

I'm simply wondering if there are any off-hand models which the female WP holds along the spine, as they should? Or are all skins held in this wonky fashion?

Best,
Saain

Ads
Chinesehero

Re: [WP] Female WP off-hand

Post#2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 am

dont use 2h hammer, it is too heavy for a woman

Saain

Post#3 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi Chinesehero,

Not sure of what relevance that is, seeing how I asked specifically about the off-hands, ergo me not using a 2h hammer. But thank you for your input, albeit sexist as it may be.

zulnam

Post#4 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:14 pm

Pretty sure all off hands are modelled the same. You can raise a bug ticket though and hope for the best. If you do it right they might take it into consideration.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Saain wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm Hi Chinesehero,

Not sure of what relevance that is, seeing how I asked specifically about the off-hands, ergo me not using a 2h hammer. But thank you for your input, albeit sexist as it may be.
Sexist questions provoke sexist answers. Wait for someone suggesting a frying pan.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Saain

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:17 pm

Zulnam,

Thank you very much for the reply! That is unfortunate. I'll have to try that then!

Abezverkhiy,

I struggle to see how the question I asked was sexist?

Sinereas

Post#7 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Saain wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:31 am I'm simply wondering if there are any off-hand models which the female WP holds along the spine, as they should? Or are all skins held in this wonky fashion?
Nope. I asked ages ago regarding it, seems to be an oddity that can't be actually solved, does not belong to the item: all books you will equip will present the same problem.

Don't care about sexist comments, your great hammer will be always larger then their greatswords.
Moranda

zatoh

Post#8 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Book/hammer pose in character selection and paperdoll are recycled from Kotbs, which is why it looks awkward, especially with male WP.
As for the book, if you look, some female characters and Empire specifically have oversized weapons compared to the male counterparts, this is noticeable with the WP books as they clip through the hand. I think I heard that this was done by Mythic for the Korean launch, they really like girls with oversized weapons for some reason. Also the animations for holding a book and shield in general are shared so if the book position looks strange it might have to do with shield positioning.

Ads
Saain

Post#9 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 am

Thank you for the answers! That is genuinely really interesting. Disappointing, but interesting!

Not sure if you can lock a thread, but my question has been sufficiently answered!