Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rydiak

Re: [WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Post#21 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:24 am

If you carry the hammer and shield of Sigmar, then you have my respect. 😉
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
jagar99

Post#22 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm

I must admit that the whole Grace play style is all about confidence to be in the front line. I think it really should be a little more rewarding to play as a melee healer because you got to bring balls to the table to be in the frontline. I know it has a niche in Scenarios but I like to see it strive a bit in the ORvR. I was hoping to see more potential in gear rewards for Grace in RvR, but I think I have to get some sets from PvE or SC, which is sad.

Also, is there any way to look up Devs direction in classes on forums etc? Like hey, we see this problem in X and like to fix it with Solution Y.

betozg

Post#23 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:16 pm

I can completely relate to this post :roll: , I played grace until a week ago that I decided to switch to salvation because of cities and invader set (planning on getting back to grace when I got SOV gear) but I lost count on how many people insulted me because we lost a match, and trust me, it wasn't uncommon for me to be top healer even in scenarios that my team lost, but sometimes, the match gets extremly one sided and you literally cant do anything, your team gets melted in half second, thats when people gets mad and a looks for someone to blame, and guess what, WP grace (and of course dps healers like AM) are always the best choice, and no, your team does not lost that scenario because the enemy had 5 healers and your team only one, or because they were a full geared premade, of course not!, your team lost because of you beign Grace, thats the "reasoning" :mrgreen: ...

Grace spec is hard to play and master, but a lot of fun!, still, I definitely agree that is not meta and could use a buff, we can just hope for it :D

My advise to you is use "ignore" a lot, or you can even close the chat, is not worth it to argue with those people. Remember, nobody is entitled to tell you what to play!, if they want a full healer so much, they can roll one anytime, have fun!

P:D if for some reason, you decide to keep the chat on, if someone cross the line with the insults, I think you can report them, not sure, I just rather close the chat

DirkDaring

Post#24 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Theres nothing wrong with grace or wrath WP, and they are fun to play, however be prepared for a lot of hate, and tanks will not guard you at times, etc just to be a ass ,

People playing this game feel that if you roll a healer, you job is to do nothing but follow them around, and spam heals and cleanse , so their gaming exp can be more fun, if you are having fun or not, doesn't matter.

Ive played healer, melee hybrids in every mmo since 1999, and while I do spam heal, and heal rez outside of my WB, There are many healers that do not , I have never created a character for the sole purpose of being a heal bot, and making sure someone else has fun playing the game

I would get 2 sets of gear , 1 heal based , and 1 melee based , some of the best gear for grace, and wrath come from crypts,tunnels , and Bastion stairs, as well as Sov off, mix . in order to get the gear from crypts/tunn, and BS you will need to be heal speced anyway, and carry it with you

Just because you are melee speced doesnt mean you cant swap into heal set if you notice your team, etc is low on actual healers, etc.

jagar99

Post#25 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 pm

I think there is something wrong when the you have an option to do different methods but cannot peak to that ideal performance.

Look, grace needs to fulfill some roles in in oRvR to make that dynamic melee help assist front line. Least have tools to provide assistance around.

I wana heal bot the best I can for the zerg. I may get hit more easily, but I like to challenge that skill ceiling.

abezverkhiy

Post#26 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 am

unfortunately those who have powers to change it do not care to read this
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Sandinio

Post#27 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:53 am

jagar99 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 pm I think there is something wrong when the you have an option to do different methods but cannot peak to that ideal performance.

Look, grace needs to fulfill some roles in in oRvR to make that dynamic melee help assist front line. Least have tools to provide assistance around.

I wana heal bot the best I can for the zerg. I may get hit more easily, but I like to challenge that skill ceiling.
Where did you get the confidence that ALL SPECS in every class must be viable for all content?
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

nuadarstark

Post#28 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:00 am

Well I think that a specc should generally be viable at least "somewhere".

Grace is barely viable in SCs and not usefull anywhere else & Wrath is absolutely useless for anything else than PvE farming (not dungeons, just farming mobs or 35ish heroes) unless you're already a RR70+ with full gear.

Only real viable specc for all 3 gameplays - SCs, ORvR and more involved PvE, is Salvation and that's pretty meh as far as "balance" goes.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
jagar99

Post#29 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:55 pm

One thing I like to see with Grace abilities to be more impact is that I like to see the blessings and divine strike also effect me while i have a guarded target. So i get blessing, and guarded target gets blessing.

For sure divine strike would be nice to spread more of the AoE heal front line heals. It seems to always be small amount.

raistomen

Post#30 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:49 pm

A few things to understand.

1. Mele WP/Dok can be a very powerful healer if one right, in the right circumstances, with the right groups, on the right maps.
2. Problem with most scs are either they are too clumped up , where 20 people can just instagib you , or they are too spread out in which case you are only healing 1-2 people at a time and you arn't good at helping single targets surviving being bursted.
3. That said when the stars align you can easily top healing charts and come in top 3 for damage. I have had many games where I am #1 for everything, and it feels good....and then times in which I can't really do ****..and it feels bad. (sometimes it is lack of guard , but even gaurd can't save you in Praag or oRvR)