Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Gottschalt's Guide To Gnight.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dury

Re: [KOTBS] Gottschalt's Guide To Gnight.

Post#11 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks - very helpful writeup for new Knights like me!

I am focussing on defense, shield and sword - going Vigilance tree (only CR 21/RR 24 now).

How should I use my Realm Points though - I have maxxed out the block ones. SHould I next go for Parry or disrupt ones? Or focus more on toughness first?

thanks.

Ads
Cadien

Post#12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Dury wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 am Thanks - very helpful writeup for new Knights like me!

I am focussing on defense, shield and sword - going Vigilance tree (only CR 21/RR 24 now).

How should I use my Realm Points though - I have maxxed out the block ones. SHould I next go for Parry or disrupt ones? Or focus more on toughness first?

thanks.
You'll want to get Futile Strikes (FS). For a lot of classes, the answer to "what realm ability should I get" is going to be futile strikes because reducing your chance to be crit is so important. You'll either want to get FSII or FSIII, depending on the amount of "reduce chance to be crit" you're getting from gear. FSIII - and even FSII - are going to take a good chunk of your realm points. It's not as exciting as some of the other realm abilities, but it's important.

After that, you'll shoot for block chance. Block is, probably, the best stat for us. It's why the rough gunbad diamond - a relatively low level drop from the lowest level 40 dungeon - is so useful to high level knights. It has block% on it. Completely avoiding an attack is better than mitigating it. With gear and RP's, you'll be able to get into the 30's in baseline block. Then you get to use shield rush for another 10%.

After block, you'll either go parry or disrupt. I prefer disrupt, but I've seen some people go for parry. To me, disrupt is better because you'll have a large amount of natural physical mitigation through armor, while resist mitigation is soft capped at a lower value. Also, disrupt becomes more valuable during keep/fortress defenses where you're spending 90% of your time sitting in pits of shades and magi tornadoes.

Because the increasing levels of abilities cost increasing amounts of RP's, you'll be able to throw extra points into your next important ability until you get high enough realm rank to purchase the next level of FS or block or whatever.

Paxsanarion

Post#13 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:11 pm

Thank you for your insight! Great Read!

paoz

Post#14 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm

What is SnB build? by the way, thank you for the guide.

CyunUnderis

Post#15 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:41 pm

paoz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm What is SnB build? by the way, thank you for the guide.
WB RR70+

WB RR60+

WB RR50+ (Unstoppable Juggernaut is a good alternative to Rugged)

M2 should be Raze, M3 No Escape or Distracting Bellow if not enough of it in WB.

paoz

Post#16 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:41 pm
paoz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm What is SnB build? by the way, thank you for the guide.
WB RR70+

WB RR60+

WB RR50+ (Unstoppable Juggernaut is a good alternative to Rugged)

M2 should be Raze, M3 No Escape or Distracting Bellow if not enough of it in WB.
Thank you.

Ashoris

Post#17 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:21 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:12 am
rafiozo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:02 am Hello thank you for guide.

What i miss as KOTBS in this guide:

SnB questions:

- what aura are in high demand in WB or team play ?
- what build should i use as SnB (talent points distribution)
- what RR build should i use as SNB
- what RR level should i have before level 40
- what talismans should i use to be viable? (wounds, armor, weapon skill, thoughness, strenght)
- what gear - anihilator - ruin - mercenary - mix ? (for start to dont be destroyed in cities, sc, open rvr)
- basic rotation ?
- are tome items viable for SnB (rings)
- stat priorities for a tank (or ratio)

General:
- should i use any specyfic mods ?
- are tome items viable in use ? (rings)
- challange have any use in rvr ?
- should i get gear from PVE ?
- how to get nice trophy to "show off" on my char (not tokens from RVR or SC)

Basic rotation is Shield Rush or Crippling Blow, then just watch for needed interrupts with either Taunt (15s CD) or Vicious Slash (10s CD), or CC with Smashing Counter or (improved) Repel Darkness. Use those last two to either counter melee on other soft targets not in your group (you ARE guard swapping as needed yes?) or lock down a healer (Taunt > VS > DK > Punt and they hate you) or punt away rival tanks when your team is focusing a dps/healer.

Hope this helps fill in some of your questions, good luck.
This is at some point misleading ... Dont Punt away targets to interrupt !

your job is to follow and support a dps .. stay close with him and help him : mmost important , slow targets for him, use knockdown so he can burst the target get a feeling for the best knock down timing (not on a target with 100% health ..)

focus on:
- GUARD
- STAY WITH YOUR DPS
- Slow targets
- Knock down in the right moment
- punt ENEMY guarders (will improve the dmg much more than you hitting the target)
- Shatter Enchantment (one shattered enchantement is way more dmg than you will ever do)

sounds bad, but if you can manage this simple things you reached the top 10 percentile of tanks on this Server :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

phononHYPE

Post#18 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:02 am

Well, as I've died while up in the air more than I can count, I'll say: it all depends on the fight/environment. THAT is something everyone needs to learn, and can mess up.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Ashoris

Post#19 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:11 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:02 am Well, as I've died while up in the air more than I can count, I'll say: it all depends on the fight/environment. THAT is something everyone needs to learn, and can mess up.
This is a very specifc situation where the Tank actually times the Punt on a target with the BW/SW/AM/engie burst rotation. This is way above everything else mentioned before in this thread and should only be a thing AFTER the foundation is solid :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

stingus

Post#20 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:00 pm

is it me or the links to the builds are not working anymore? I am sure they were working some days ago.