Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] New Player Help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tayl0r

[KOTBS] New Player Help

Post#1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Currently a level 23 KOTBS, still a bit confused on the class.
What abilities should I be using? I wanted to do a 2H build but im not sure if the damage is viable at this point.
What stats should I be aiming for if I am going 2H, Str and then tank stats?
Also, what is a good build to aim for if im gonna power for 40/40?

Ads
Ototo

Re: [KOTBS] New Player Help

Post#2 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Tayl0r wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:16 pm Currently a level 23 KOTBS, still a bit confused on the class.
1. What abilities should I be using?
2. I wanted to do a 2H build but im not sure if the damage is viable at this point.
3. What stats should I be aiming for if I am going 2H, Str and then tank stats?
4. Also, what is a good build to aim for if im gonna power for 40/40?
1. Challenge, Guard, Arcing Swing, Shining Blade, Crippling Blow, Shield of the Sun, Perseverance, and some that you aren't but should, Shield Rush, Hold the Line, and Taunt and Vicious Slash carefully placed in Choppas and meleSHs.

2. Not viable until very late in the end-game gear. Even then, worst damage per second of the game.

3. Honestly, you should be aiming for SnB, and using the 2h only on skirmishes or scenarios. If not, go Futile Strikes and Reduction to be Critical Hit, Parry, then as good as a combo of Strength and Weapon Skill as you can. Damage will still be very low, and you would have only sacrificed your survivability for being the lowest damage hybrid DPS in the game.

4. Most flexible build that I use. You gonna need to respec to something like this for Forts and Cities, where you will be using yes or yes a shield. If the enemy is low in magic casters, move Gilded Shield back to Sun's Blessing. If you still decide to go YOLO with a Claymore, I think that this is your best bet, but will mostly made your team think poorly of you; you aren't going to deal a lot of damage, you will be lacking burst, and you will be sacrificing a lot of survivability as guard-bot, but it's quite nice for small scale fighting though, just plainly bad for anything above 6vs6.
Spoiler:

synthrocker

Post#3 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Outside of 6 man and small scale oRvR, the not needed and laughable nerf to Runefang, stay focused( nerfed to “mirror” chosen aura and STILL not mirrored as it does less healing LOL, only worth running with tactic) and mighty soul they made has made the lowest DPS in the game even lower, 2H “dps” spec is laughable now, more so than before.

I run 2H in small scale and 6v6 in defensive gear, it provides a little more damage to help Pressure (as in you maybe do 100ish more a hit) and wounds debuff with crit debuff (if specced, I don’t)

Keeps, forts, cities your bread and butter is sword and board guarding with good CC control and solar flare if you can get M4 with the current Mara AoE morale drain.... so.. you’re a guarding CC buff bot cause you ain’t ever getting morale anymore 😂

But if you want to DPS as a knight, get futile strikes, parry, dodge/disrupt, STR and weapon skill. You will however get melted just as fast as a DPS and not put out as much dps as a real DPS. Ottos bottom spec is decent for a dps knight but I hate lacking a KD or stagger (because we can easily be kitted due to no immunity ability) but if you spec the KD, you lose Shield of sun damage from not speccing right tree which is huge when fighting melee dps, but you up the OYG damage, all trade off and it’s tough

I think if they revert the change to runefang, stay focused, and mighty soul to what they were dps knight will be ok again. Knight was in a good place before that. Not overpowered not under powered. Just an easy mechanic coupled with the ability to turtle

To level to 40, go 2H, run all out assault, ON your guard, and stay focused. Pull whole PQs and profit. It’s a easy class to level, due to the “Set it and forget” mechanic essentially. You can leach ALOT of RR doing the same in oRvR and SCs.
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

synthrocker

Post#4 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:07 pm

This is what I run a majority of the time in small rvr/solo unless in a organized WB that needs AP or solar flare.
This is RR 70+. And you adjust tactics as needed if solo or grouped and 2H or snb. It works well for all. run same pve spec you’re not 70 so you’d have to not pick some of the skills
I run around with 34ish block and parry (before skill buffs, with buffs they get 50+) mDPS typically melt on me( due to reflect damage-shield of sun, OYG, and invader block reflect proc-...not from actual output with weapon) ranged is a bit tougher but just gotta catch them, heals I just walk away, and tanks... it’s a war of time 😂
Tactics are what I run around when solo.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3108,3089
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Scottx125

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:51 pm

2h KOTBS is good for leveling PVE but no so great PVP. Sure he can be an okay off-tank. But you're going to have some of the lowest DPS in the game. No matter what you pick. The main point of 2H KOTBS in PVP is wounds debuff.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.