Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ototo

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#31 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

kryss wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:27 pm
kryss wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Spec
low rank
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4368,6103

dueler (you got a lot of tools to play with)
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=4395&t=

rr70 you can go Judge/conf to get blessed blades for a good BAL+trial by pain combo, but you get less defence/attack potential (SoD, RB)

Skills and tactics:
Razor strike is not a very good idea, always spam torment with FP even if you're not speccing Judgement as a first tree. It is mandatory to ignore as much armor as you can, moreso now that all classes are getting more and more armor with the new sets.
Also don't use Flowing Accusation, especially if you're undergear or low rr: there are better tactics, and this is unreliable. I'd only use it if I could unslot brute force (maybe with future sets it won't be needed to cap str, I dunno).

low rank spec: BF, flanking, blessed blades, FC and you're good to go.

Additionaly, and especially for dueleer builds, you can go:
vs melee: cheese it out and go BF, Riposte, FC, RS: pop repel after your openers and profit. It's dispellable but I still have yet to see someone do it, even supposedly "good" players are not trying. The best ones will probably see the buffhead icon and try to kite you away till the 5 secs expire, but if you got a high parry rate riposte will do it's job anyway

cookie cutter setup: BF, flanking, IF, FC: you can pump up a lot of dmg with this, useful for group settings/multiple encounters and when you know you'll get added. Can never go wrong with this, especially if you have a good crit % and rely on some procs

casters, shams, zealots: BS, flanking, vindication, FC: openers, then pop SOD and get that joicy 35% buff to your dmg. They will melt when they try to stagger or punt you away
I use these specs, but I have been told repeatedly that I have no idea of the class and that all my kills are imaginaries, so expect A LOT of backlash for posting the same builds that I did, and giving the same advices that I did. Seems that neither of us have any idea of the class.

I would only change in your duel build this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=6103&t= Blessed Blade is nuts. You will spam Absolution with +50% armor penetration, specially if you have Flowing Accusations. To a lesser point, it allows you to go full strength in the gear instead of mixing weapon skill, so you may be able to drop Brute Force.
I don't think you can reach str cap with current gear and no BF. Mayyybe if you mix 2 invader 3 BL vanq and senti with full +24, but I think it's not possible yet.
Blessed is interesting, I tried it but I still think that you'll do more dmg with BAL+vindication against casters. And tanks you can kill them anyway if you play well. Abso spam is funny, but I don't like to rely on 50% chance of flowing
That's why I said may be able.

I don't really understand the rest of your comment when I simply said that you did, but with an slightly different approach build.
Spoiler:

Ads
Xergon

Post#32 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 am

ST / 6man WH is in somewhat decent spot, although still behind in comparisson to Slayer/WL/ASW

Solo Roam WH has tools and its fun to play but u need to pick ur targets carefully, as WH u will not kill Deftard Tank, Shammans/DoKs who knows how to use detaunt, u probably will kill most DPS classes, although Mara and MSH should also beat u.

For both above Inquisition and Judgment specs works fine.

Now Confession spec is trololo, even worse with last nerfs. This path was suppouse to be AoE spec for WH but it doesnt work anywhere, even in PvE. Any other class is just better. There was a time in history when WH/WE had somewhat decent AoE but it was short time sadly.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27986
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Maroe337

Post#33 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 am

btw, what do you think?

Lileldys

Post#34 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 am

Maroe337 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 am btw, what do you think?
99% of the time you'll be using both M1 and M2 over these. M3s take too long.

Also, nobody recommending Flowing Accusations? FeelsWeirdMan

kylem20

Post#35 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 am

100% recommend FC, its basic! WE is not WH. WE's kisses work different than bullets. Torment spam is worth it with both classes but wh can uptime 100% Blessed blade than provide 50% armor penetration with all attacks+proc bullets that do spirit damage. If you play with blessed blade play 100% with FC. If you play BaL then is better dont take it and spam torment. My low experience.

Amakusa

Post#36 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:16 pm

They need to change some things. WE for example is in a very good spot, when you look at some abilitys and tactics compared to the WH.
Taste of Blood, Franzied Mayhem & Masterful Treachery are verry solid tactics.
WH has Vindication compared to ToB its has not that Uptime.
Further Witchbrew and Wracking Pains do Corperal DMG (dont need to stack WS to do decent dmg!) thats the reason a WE can go tanky ;)

WH got nerfed many timesv on live Servers and here :(

I would change Vindication (mirror ToB) and Exit Wound (rework) maybe change Burn, Heretic! to Corporal dmg and let Antonment also affect BAL.

Everybody who thinks " QQ Repel Blasphemy and Riposte is OP" just dont know how easy you can counter it :)

But im just happy to play WAR, and what do i know :D
Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

desizt

Post#37 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:49 pm

There's also no need for the 30 sec stealth timer on stealth that did not exist on live. Stealth has ap-drain anyway, so the only way to stay in perma-stealth you'd need significant ap regen gear, which makes you lose out on other stats. So it becomes a choice, but would not make it OP.

30 sec stealth surely makes the skillcap higher, but in many cases it just indirectly nerfs a lot of opportunities.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Sulorie

Post#38 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:11 pm

desizt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:49 pm There's also no need for the 30 sec stealth timer on stealth that did not exist on live. Stealth has ap-drain anyway, so the only way to stay in perma-stealth you'd need significant ap regen gear, which makes you lose out on other stats. So it becomes a choice, but would not make it OP.

30 sec stealth surely makes the skillcap higher, but in many cases it just indirectly nerfs a lot of opportunities.
You shouldn't argue with something from live, when you actually forgot how it was on live. ;)
Dying is no option.

Ads
desizt

Post#39 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:11 pm
desizt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:49 pm There's also no need for the 30 sec stealth timer on stealth that did not exist on live. Stealth has ap-drain anyway, so the only way to stay in perma-stealth you'd need significant ap regen gear, which makes you lose out on other stats. So it becomes a choice, but would not make it OP.

You shouldn't argue with something from live, when you actually forgot how it was on live. ;)
There were a lot of changes on live, so "live" in general doesn't mean much to begin with.

WH for an example was nerfed several times over the years.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Darks63

Post#40 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:21 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:37 am
popperz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 am Dev's could consider:
  • Return stealth like it was on live. Now trying to kill in a backline is suicidal. Impossible to re-stealth. Even a pet is enough to prevent stealth.
  • Add a stackable incoming heal debuff to all executions/finishers, but cleanse-able by all healers. One execution = 25%, which if no cleanses performed would give 100% in ~10 sec if you try hard with low mechanic points (low dmg). One cleanse and you have to start over
Compared to other melee dps WH is definitely not worth the spot. Indeed the squishiest, but the damage I guess comparable to other classes. Nevertheless, it is easily countered with positioning/knockback/knockdown. After the feinted positioning ability is over (and has 1m cooldown), this is it. Just don't show your back and you can laugh at the numbers :)
However, giving more damage would make 1v1 bad. Giving more armor is just not appropriate for the class and would make def WEs even more retarded. Utility is what is lacking. And stackable heal debuff in my opinion would fill the void.
Wh dont have incoming and outgoing healdebuff ?
keeping the outgoing up on WH is harder due to requiring you to use executions and its 5 sec duration.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.