Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
StrongUn

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#101 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Draugris wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:32 pm I played a WH on live exclusively for many years and i liked the way stealth worked in this game. No I-Win button, it is possible to be detected, so you have to use stealth as a strategic tool to approach situations and be smart about it. Never liked rogues in other games "stealth stealth stealth -> stun -> burst -> oh crap target not dead yet -> stealth -> flee -> rinse repeat" super boring playstyle tbh.
most wh/we is all they want, ez kills

Ads
Freerider

Post#102 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm

To be fair i think that most of the people pick wh/we thinking that they are the classical rogue from others mmo where stealth is not only a tool but the main aspect of the class. Here stealth is only a tool and is much more focused on trying to burst down your target as fast as possible, instead of so much cc-chain and resetting fights

Twohandernoob

Post#103 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 am

Loans wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 am
Starx wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 am I see a lot of people calling this class (WH/WE) stealth gankers and honestly thats total false advertisement.

Stealth in this game is T R A S H

30 sec CD, 30 sec uptime... you aren't using stealth in WAR like you do in any other game you are familiar with the archetype. You gank just like any other class has to, you find a hiding spot you sit there (not in stealth because you cant) you watch ppl come by and you make your move. Now that move is to stand still for 3 seconds so they dont see the easily spotted stealth vfx, then WALK up them in stealth and PRAY they dont tele after your opener because if they do its just game over, you dont have pounce, charge, ranged CC etc... you just lost bc of server lag.

You would much rather just have pounce, be a RDPS, anything but stealth... its a **** meme. There's no reason for it to not be 100% uptime and not drain any AP honestly so this class can actually have an advantage in being... stealthy. Otherwise theres no reason to gank on this class over say a DPS AM (king of the jungle atm) or something like WL that actually have mobility and honestly better burst and honestly is more survivability AND CAN KITE PPL and has good utility.

it's all so tiresome

idk what it is, have we been totally powercreeped into irrelevance by things like MSH/ASW because we were already bottom barrel since t2 was the cap on this server. WE has it better than WH bc of things like destro tanks having armor debuff, and mara/dps dok. but man it just feels like this class was left in the dust.
Have to agree. Anyone listening? Better things here than on the balance forums wherever they are.
+1
I'm with you.
Sup loans! You still play or just lurking? :)

Farlfang

Post#104 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:33 am

Witch Hunter has it uses, just not ones that are relevant to huge RvR blobs. There are worse classes out there, I think.
Kardel - Engi
Farlfang - White Lion
Dumpster tier player - Volkmar/Badlands Vet

Loans

Post#105 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:08 am

Twohandernoob wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 am
Loans wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 am

Have to agree. Anyone listening? Better things here than on the balance forums wherever they are.
+1
I'm with you.
Sup loans! You still play or just lurking? :)
2 years waiting good changes :D
but who knows you may find me somewhere these days

teiloh

Post#106 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:56 am

[Proposal for WE/WH
Reduce AP cost of all builders by 5. They tend to be much more expensive than those found on other classes. Back in the day, the mechanic compensated for this, but most classes' mechanics have been buffed over time (Turrets, Auras, Stances, Pets) and a new, strong one added (Rage/Fury).

Create five tiers of armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded, Chain, Plate. WE/WH and SW/SH get bumped up to Leather which is between current Light and Medium Armor. This will increase survivability slightly but not to equal the other two MDPS.

Sever Limb/Confess!: have these build 1 accusation, for the sake of consistency.

Incognito/Shadow Prowler: while in these modes, you ignore friendly collision detection.

Stealth Openers: have these deal slightly more damage. They used to scale off of your stats, but have been nerfed about 40-80%. A minor increase in damage (15-25%) would be situationally helpful.

Relics and Elixirs. Have these impart a minor effect on group members. Disrupt: 20% disrupt for groupmates within 30 feet. Armor Pen: 10% armor pen for group within 30 feet. Stealth: 10% speed increase within 30 feet.

For the WH:

Pistol
Add 30ft ranged autoattack with the pistol only
Bullets - take these off of GCD. This will allow WH to switch on the fly at the cost of some AP.
Seeker's Blade - changed to Seeker's Bullet, 30 foot range and procs Bullet. Currently, WE has a major advantage on Kiss Procs in terms of uptime and DPS. This would add one bullet proc to certain WH rotations as well as provide a ranged builder for minor combo chains. The WE would still have a big advantage, especially since they were handed several autoattack speed increasers (on sets, from BOs, tactics, improved SS)
Silence the Heretic - changed to a ranged pistol shot, 30 foot range and procs Bullet. See above.

Swap Seeker's Blade/Confess! and their relevant tactics
Witchfinder's Protection: add -15% chance to be crit on top of Parry; WE's is much stronger on a nerfed-crit ruleset
Exoneration: affects defensive target as well and grants one tick immediately
Vitriolic Judgment: Have this tactic steal the Morale for you as well when the 225 proc triggers
Protection from Heresy: increased the value of the shield, and also make it affect allies within 30 feet. Have the WE version also do something interesting. This is a really bad tactic.
Blood, Faith and Fire: combine with Last Rites; groupmates all receive 75 AP and heal over time.
Last Rites: changed tactic; whenever a groupmate dies within 100 feet of you, groupmates within 100 feet of you have all their cooldowns reduced by 10 seconds.

Starx

Post#107 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:30 am

Need to figure out what exactly WH is suppose to be in this game before trying to do overhauls like above.

I've said this before but because of how WAR is played in organized and instanced settings the stealth archetype is rendered totally useless. City is a 24v24 zergfest, no one cares about winning scens over just balling up with their 6 man and farming kills. IDK if you guys ever played RBG's in wow but having a good rogue slip around the map in stealth and keeping the enemy guessing where he is and them having to worry about certain objectives on the map made a pretty big impact. No premade is running a WH to go backcap or try to solo take points because like I said no one cares about actually playing the SC.

insert Ork RP voice here "doz it kill gud? huh whats dis lez damage den a choppa??"

idk how they can possibly make WH good without making its burst damage and availability comparable to say a WL, and making it as tanky and mobile as the other MDPS choices in medium armor, and slapping on even more layers of utility like SL/chop fasta, debuffs etc... because fundamentally groups only care about killing potential and staying alive. It's unfortunate but unless we see a msh treatment of the class its always just going to be 3rd/4th fiddle in this meta of deathball who gives a **** about objectives gameplay.

Tsuna92

Post#108 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:52 pm

Starx wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:30 am Need to figure out what exactly WH is suppose to be in this game before trying to do overhauls like above.

I've said this before but because of how WAR is played in organized and instanced settings the stealth archetype is rendered totally useless. City is a 24v24 zergfest, no one cares about winning scens over just balling up with their 6 man and farming kills. IDK if you guys ever played RBG's in wow but having a good rogue slip around the map in stealth and keeping the enemy guessing where he is and them having to worry about certain objectives on the map made a pretty big impact. No premade is running a WH to go backcap or try to solo take points because like I said no one cares about actually playing the SC.

insert Ork RP voice here "doz it kill gud? huh whats dis lez damage den a choppa??"

idk how they can possibly make WH good without making its burst damage and availability comparable to say a WL, and making it as tanky and mobile as the other MDPS choices in medium armor, and slapping on even more layers of utility like SL/chop fasta, debuffs etc... because fundamentally groups only care about killing potential and staying alive. It's unfortunate but unless we see a msh treatment of the class its always just going to be 3rd/4th fiddle in this meta of deathball who gives a **** about objectives gameplay.
Imo its pointless to compare a permanent stealth with a 30 sec stealth with 30 sec CD. Start with making WH/WE a true stealth class.
But i do agree into finding WH/WE their true purpose in that Massive RVR AOE Game :).
Tsuburn RR81 BW

Ads
Starx

Post#109 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 pm

I kinda just explained why I think making them a true stealth class wont matter, i was saying perma stealth would be nice here bc it would fufill a QoL and class fanatasy when soloing around the lakes. Stealth is 100% inconsequential in any organized play. You would think WE/WH would be good classes to solo on but I mean play WL, DPS AM, DPS Sham hell even engineer/magus and get back to me how many zone kills you have vs your WE/WH at the end of a solo session. Still I dont think the devs would adjust anything on a class just to make them smoother to play solo.

Also a pretty funny anecdote from one of my cities this week, we had WH's watching the sides on emperors circle to call inc. It's kinda weird everyone just makes WH's do this bc theres really no advantage as they cant sit in stealth and not alert the other team that they have been spotted, and the guy ended up going stealth when he saw inc and was found and killed. Had he just not even bothered with stealth and just ran away mounted he wouldn't of died.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#110 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Post overhauls like that one on the balance forum. It looks wildly broken at a brief glance, but when we start digging for ideas on WH/WE, that's the kind of concise suggestions that might get used.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog