Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Starx

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#91 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 am

I see a lot of people calling this class (WH/WE) stealth gankers and honestly thats total false advertisement.

Stealth in this game is T R A S H

30 sec CD, 30 sec uptime... you aren't using stealth in WAR like you do in any other game you are familiar with the archetype. You gank just like any other class has to, you find a hiding spot you sit there (not in stealth because you cant) you watch ppl come by and you make your move. Now that move is to stand still for 3 seconds so they dont see the easily spotted stealth vfx, then WALK up them in stealth and PRAY they dont tele after your opener because if they do its just game over, you dont have pounce, charge, ranged CC etc... you just lost bc of server lag.

You would much rather just have pounce, be a RDPS, anything but stealth... its a **** meme. There's no reason for it to not be 100% uptime and not drain any AP honestly so this class can actually have an advantage in being... stealthy. Otherwise theres no reason to gank on this class over say a DPS AM (king of the jungle atm) or something like WL that actually have mobility and honestly better burst and honestly is more survivability AND CAN KITE PPL and has good utility.

it's all so tiresome

idk what it is, have we been totally powercreeped into irrelevance by things like MSH/ASW because we were already bottom barrel since t2 was the cap on this server. WE has it better than WH bc of things like destro tanks having armor debuff, and mara/dps dok. but man it just feels like this class was left in the dust.

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#92 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 am

Starx wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 am I see a lot of people calling this class (WH/WE) stealth gankers and honestly thats total false advertisement.

30 sec CD, 30 sec uptime... you aren't using stealth in WAR like you do in any other game you are familiar with the archetype. You gank just like any other class has to, you find a hiding spot you sit there (not in stealth because you cant) you watch ppl come by and you make your move. Now that move is to stand still for 3 seconds so they dont see the easily spotted stealth vfx, then WALK up them in stealth and PRAY they dont tele after your opener because if they do its just game over, you dont have pounce, charge, ranged CC etc... you just lost bc of server lag.

You would much rather just have pounce, be a RDPS, anything but stealth... its a **** meme. There's no reason for it to not be 100% uptime and not drain any AP honestly so this class can actually have an advantage in being... stealthy. Otherwise theres no reason to gank on this class over say a DPS AM (king of the jungle atm) or something like WL that actually have mobility and honestly better burst and honestly is more survivability AND CAN KITE PPL and has good utility.

it's all so tiresome

idk what it is, have we been totally powercreeped into irrelevance by things like MSH/ASW because we were already bottom barrel since t2 was the cap on this server. WE has it better than WH bc of things like destro tanks having armor debuff, and mara/dps dok. but man it just feels like this class was left in the dust.
Have to agree. Anyone listening? Better things here than on the balance forums wherever they are.

Starx

Post#93 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:26 am

Balance forums have stricter rules on what you are allowed to say, what i posted above is technically a shitpost even if it has merit to it. I just don't feel like sitting here writing out an essay on stealth in this game when im gonna get PRO WITCH HUNTER #2984 telling me "BRO MY CLASS IS FINE I DO GOOD YOU JUST A NOOB"

like whenever we tried to get IB buffs way back when and ppl would link volgograd solo vids as evidence the class was just as good as KotBS and SM...

Kragg

Post#94 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm for we/wh you need to increase invisibility time (30 sec is too short, you need at least 1 min or unlimited) (why here was implemented this limitation? in other games i have never seen that rogue classes have limit time on inviz), reduced time for "pick lock" to 1 min, while wh/we in inviz so that any aoe spells do not act on it (or at least -50%), after open from inviz for 5 seconds no susceptibility to any kind of control spells), aoe detaunt for 3 sec, disarm is dependent on parry, this is wrong, it would be better if it depends on the damage received.
Do you want a 'I win' key with that or you think you can handle it yourself?
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

StrongUn

Post#95 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:31 pm

Kragg wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm for we/wh you need to increase invisibility time(30 sec is too short, you need at least 1 min or unlimited) (why here was implemented this limitation? in other games i have never seen that rogue classes have limit time on inviz), reduced time for "pick lock" to 1 min, while wh/we in inviz so that any aoe spells do not act on it (or at least -50%), after open from inviz for 5 seconds no susceptibility to any kind of control spells), aoe detaunt for 3 sec, disarm is dependent on parry, this is wrong, it would be better if it depends on the damage received.
Do you want a 'I win' key with that or you think you can handle it yourself?
of course mate :roll:

let stealther kill ppl being incognito like ghost lol

Seems WL is good toon for ya, jump and kill... ez gg wp pwned /lol

drmordread
Suspended

Post#96 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Starx wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 am I see a lot of people calling this class (WH/WE) stealth gankers and honestly thats total false advertisement.

it's all so tiresome

Agree with some of the things you said. WH is the poor red headed stepchild of AoR. Devs have relegated us to nothing. I guess because we ganked their destro toons too hard on AOR. They took away our crit and gave us a slightly buffed (KD on target) Dragon Gun attack ... and that is supposed to make us balanced? Please...

BUT ...

While MSH has merits due to its insane armor buff and the b(p)ounce, ASW is a joke. It needs a guard and a healer. Yes so does the WH, but the WH has a finisher that more than makes up for the 2 to 3 gcd burst of the ASW. Basically the ASW is a a WE without the stealth, KD, and WB. Ask any WE player if they feel they are viable without KD, WB and stealth. That is how viable the ASW is.
The SW was a one trick pony on AOR, ranged kd followed by a heal debuff and festerbomb. Destro cried it was OP so RKD was moved too high on tree and fester bomb killed. They tossed a sop to the SW by telling him to pretend to be mdps, and fools took it hook line and sinker.

Anyway, back to WH
Full uptime stealth? Nahhhh we don't need it. And a pro WH can start his attack and not have des see the stealth animation. It's called choosing your gank spot correctly.
You choose your spot to wait and you choose your spot where you will strike. More importantly you choose a spot where in between the wait and the strike point there is cover, so you can stealth without being seen.

YES... hard... YES... shouldn't have to be. But that is what makes the WH the love of my gaming life. Takes dedication, takes patience, and it takes a willingness to suffer for your craft.

LONG LIVE THE HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Starx

Post#97 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Thats what im saying, what the point of stealth if you are just hiding and choosing the same exact spots to stalk targets as a non stealth class is, the only difference being how you eventually get on target. That is stealth, vs pounce, vs charging in, vs just being ranged dps etc...

stealth in other games usually allows you to be in places and gank that would otherwise be impossible to, we dont have the luxury here. The only thing I can even think of is ganking 3rd floor keep bc you have to have stealth to get through lord room.

ultimately I dont think stealth is even a balance issue, it's pretty inconsequential when it comes to 6v6 or city and its more along the lines of a QoL thing or class fantasy fulfillment.

Draugris

Post#98 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:32 pm

I played a WH on live exclusively for many years and i liked the way stealth worked in this game. No I-Win button, it is possible to be detected, so you have to use stealth as a strategic tool to approach situations and be smart about it. Never liked rogues in other games "stealth stealth stealth -> stun -> burst -> oh crap target not dead yet -> stealth -> flee -> rinse repeat" super boring playstyle tbh.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Freerider

Post#99 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:53 pm

I like wh, my only complain would be about DG needing a bit of a buff so we could be useful on wb and not being able to kill some classes even if i get the jump on them (like MSH) but overall its pretty fun and Executions feel pretty good, not really sure if wl is overall a better pick than wh but i dont like elfs models so it is wh for me

Loans

Post#100 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 am

it's all so tiresome

Have to agree. Anyone listening? Better things here than on the balance forums wherever they are.
+1
I'm with you.