Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Skill questions

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ChaseSP

[KOTBS] Skill questions

Post#1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Hello, newbie knight here currently running with 2h, I was curious when should I be using Vicious Slash exactly? Also should I be stacking up and keeping Burning Blade up or just focusing more on sunder instead?

Ads
Gottschalt

Re: [KOTBS] Skill questions

Post#2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 am

Hello, Ye Olde Time KOTBS Loldps master here. Vicious slash is your another interrupt along taunt, if you see your foe channeling, you use interrupt, especially if it's a healer and critically so if said healer is low on HP. Though it can be great finisher if low health target is getting away and you wish to slap a confirmative extra dot on a foe, better use it than regret not using it.
By default, yes, you want to keep max stacks of blazing blade on a foe and instead of sunder, use precision strike. Even though it eats AP, it hits harder, ignores portion of armor that makes it pretty valuable the further you get in game. Sunder is mostly for keeping aggro in PVE situations.

Bram

Post#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 am

The most rewarding times to use vicious slash - As a WE is stealthing.
Paired with a taunt and knockdown/ punt to make one healer pretty much put his tail between his legs and be useless until they realise I can do it forever.

That one over confident DoK that thinks he is farm king. Punt his knight to call out his rend soul .... interrupt it and watch him drop.

When i see the mara with pullface lining up a pull and do what I do to healers until it misfires or something.

Dumb choppas still using get to tha choppa. Its a cast. So is bring it on. Inturupt that ****.

Bram / Praetorean

anarchypark

Post#4 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 am

Bram wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 am The most rewarding times to use vicious slash - As a WE is stealthing.

any dmg cancels stealthing cast. even DoT.
don't need 'interrupt' skill for that.

@OP
double interrupt on healer with taunt is best.
canceling rez is next.
watch for long cast animation.
right after healers get up from KD is easiest chance.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)