Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] Is it possible to casual in oRvR?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phoramix87

[BW] Is it possible to casual in oRvR?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Hey guys!

I've tried many classes and the one I figure out to be happy with is the Bright Wizard.

Now I'm just lvl.15 and would like to keep exping this class. Considering the class being really group-dependant and the fact that im not a guild-oriented player, is it a bad idea to keep exping the bw?

In other words, is it possible to join open-warband in endgame with the BW? Or do I need a organized-warband no matter what?

My idea is to login, join opened-warband and run into RvR, i'm still a newbie here on RoR.

Thanks and sorry for my english

Ads
dansari

Re: [BW] Is it possible to casual in oRvR?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:32 pm

Perfectly fine to join an open warband with a BW. You will be more useful than every single WL, WH, or SW simply due to having an acceptable aoe spec.
<Salt Factory>

Reesh

Post#3 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Well, BW will do the trick in pug warbands 'if' you will have healers in your party 'whilst' underperforming with a ranged aoe spec (because you need a heavy group support for a proper bombing melee one).

phoramix87

Post#4 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Thanks!

so do I need an aoe build? what about a single target build?

Collateral

Post#5 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Flashfire + fireball barrage and you good.

dansari

Post#6 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 pm

phoramix87 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 pm Thanks!

Single target build if you are in small scale or small groups trying to pick individual targets - single target.
aoe build in warband orvr - safe aoe. Swap m2 to R&D if you are on front line with solid support, swap m3 to Heart of Fire if you think you need more safety. For tactics, you can swap Embrace the Flames and Flashfire if you want a less morale-focused build in favor of more consistent damage (fireball barrage + flashfire + fiery blast), which is probably what you want instead of morale building in a pug warband.

I'm pretty sure double proc tactics are still meta but could be wrong
<Salt Factory>

phoramix87

Post#7 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:58 am

dansari wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 pm
phoramix87 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 pm Thanks!

Single target build if you are in small scale or small groups trying to pick individual targets - single target.
aoe build in warband orvr - safe aoe. Swap m2 to R&D if you are on front line with solid support, swap m3 to Heart of Fire if you think you need more safety. For tactics, you can swap Embrace the Flames and Flashfire if you want a less morale-focused build in favor of more consistent damage (fireball barrage + flashfire + fiery blast), which is probably what you want instead of morale building in a pug warband.

I'm pretty sure double proc tactics are still meta but could be wrong
Thanks a lot dansari, yes I will stick with a safety ranger aoe build. So Is It your previous build ok for that?
May I keep lvling with that build in mind from lvl.16 which I am?

dansari

Post#8 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm

phoramix87 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:58 am Thanks a lot dansari, yes I will stick with a safety ranger aoe build. So Is It your previous build ok for that?
May I keep lvling with that build in mind from lvl.16 which I am?
Yes I would go with the single target build for leveling for sure. PvE is pretty rough for BW.. you can try the first tactic in left tree to speed up the leveling process, but personally I would go first tactic in middle tree and just run scenarios or try to zerg surf for xp. Basic rotation at your level would be something like Ignite > Boiling Blood > Fireball or Pyroclastic Surge > Sear > Detonate. Fireball and Pyro Surge have "flight times" or a slight delay in damage, as does Sear to a lesser extent. The idea is to try to get Boiling Blood, Fireball/Pyro Surge, Sear, and your instant (Detonate in this case) to hit at roughly the same time (within a second of each other). At 20, put on Endless Knowledge and Fuel to the Fire as your tactics. As you're leveling, I would put points in left tree for Funnel Power and Nova, or you could continue up middle tree for Playing with Fire, Ignition, and Withering Heat. Withering Heat would then replace Detonate (or Nova) in your rotation. Withering Heat sucks except for the first tick, which hits immediately, and can be a nice finisher since it synergizes with Ignition's corp debuff. I wouldn't try to channel Withering Heat; since it ticks every 2s it's actually worse than almost anything. At 30, you might put on Emperor's Ward.. it's actually not a bad defensive tactic if you are getting meager healing in scenarios, but if you don't need defenses I would put on another damage tactic like Fueled from Within. Past 30, fill in whatever you're missing in your build as you're leveling.

If you find your Boiling Blood is getting cleansed, you can try to "bury" it under other debuffs. Sometimes this might mean trying to put Detonate at the beginning of your rotation to ensure the big damage of boiling blood connects.. you can also do this with Slow Boil but career builder says it's not available until 35.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
phoramix87

Post#9 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:27 pm

dansari wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm Yes I would go with the single target build for leveling for sure. PvE is pretty rough for BW.. you can try the first tactic in left tree to speed up the leveling process, but personally I would go first tactic in middle tree and just run scenarios or try to zerg surf for xp. Basic rotation at your level would be something like Ignite > Boiling Blood > Fireball or Pyroclastic Surge > Sear > Detonate. Fireball and Pyro Surge have "flight times" or a slight delay in damage, as does Sear to a lesser extent. The idea is to try to get Boiling Blood, Fireball/Pyro Surge, Sear, and your instant (Detonate in this case) to hit at roughly the same time (within a second of each other). At 20, put on Endless Knowledge and Fuel to the Fire as your tactics. As you're leveling, I would put points in left tree for Funnel Power and Nova, or you could continue up middle tree for Playing with Fire, Ignition, and Withering Heat. Withering Heat would then replace Detonate (or Nova) in your rotation. Withering Heat sucks except for the first tick, which hits immediately, and can be a nice finisher since it synergizes with Ignition's corp debuff. I wouldn't try to channel Withering Heat; since it ticks every 2s it's actually worse than almost anything. At 30, you might put on Emperor's Ward.. it's actually not a bad defensive tactic if you are getting meager healing in scenarios, but if you don't need defenses I would put on another damage tactic like Fueled from Within. Past 30, fill in whatever you're missing in your build as you're leveling.

If you find your Boiling Blood is getting cleansed, you can try to "bury" it under other debuffs. Sometimes this might mean trying to put Detonate at the beginning of your rotation to ensure the big damage of boiling blood connects.. you can also do this with Slow Boil but career builder says it's not available until 35.
quality informations here, really helpfull thanks!
im gonna apply these tips

TanithScout

Post#10 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:39 am

As long as you have a healer you'll be fine whatever spec, as long as you know your class. If you don't you will be comparatively useless and freenown.

Note: Having a healer isn't the same as being in party with a healer class.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz