Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] BAL

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Twohandernoob

Re: [WH] BAL

Post#31 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:05 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am I genuinely can’t believe that someone would unironically would call for the return of the torque

who singlehandedly destroyed the balance of this game that we still feel to this day and caused some of the largest player exodus this server has ever seen

All for “solo play”
Believe it. Current stealther's are benefiting from a lot of changes he brought. At least he was interested in the solo playstyle. Mostly everyone else has your general disdain. Your disdain for solo play is clear and this is a thread about solo play. Something you are not interested in and yet so triggered.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#32 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:05 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am I genuinely can’t believe that someone would unironically would call for the return of the torque

who singlehandedly destroyed the balance of this game that we still feel to this day and caused some of the largest player exodus this server has ever seen

All for “solo play”
Believe it. Current stealther's are benefiting from a lot of changes he brought. At least he was interested in the solo playstyle. Mostly everyone else has your general disdain. Your disdain for solo play is clear and this is a thread about solo play. Something you are not interested in and yet so triggered.
I guess it’s easy to like him then if you care only about one class and not the wider game as a whole so who cares if other classes mastery trees or play styles are ruined as long as the class you main is buffed? and ofc I’m sure he cared about solo play considering he was a WH main and biased to the class

Sulorie

Post#33 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:51 pm

He was thinking about how to fix the sham/am skill tree mess, before he left. :P
Dying is no option.

qwerty113

Post#34 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Battlefield wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:35 am они тебе ща напишут: хочешь делать дэф цели или танков? ищи пати ыыы
никто ничего тут менять не будет, пока сам гм не сядет за какой-то класс на постоянку и ему что-то не понравится у него :|

как вариант под бал такой спек если RoR.builders - Witch Hunter или парри репел взять если важнее
да так просто мысли вслух, игра скатывается в дефодроч ссаный. Это убьет эту игру, отвечаю !
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

adamthelc

Post#35 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:19 am
doky wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:51 am
Jail wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:33 am Some players dies easy, some dont. You cant expect everyone to melt on a 3 sec KD. At the end of the day, it all depends on the player you face imho.
perfect conclusion for this discussion
No it isn't. It's a more nuanced discussion, not a state the obvious slogan high five. It's a question of balance. If the most experienced WHs on the server are trying to explain that solo play is slowly becoming much harder, it could be that balance needs tweaking. Not zomg I must instamelt everyone. But some adjustment.

The increase in defensive set options, armour and wounds vs the same dps output (because of blind inducing insistence on squashing power creep) is suffocating solo play. If anyone is left who cares about that kind of thing. Where's Torque at?
You cant debate balance in a vacuum of "solo play".Something like making BAL magic damage could have a significant impact on group play. Stealthers like to play solo and that's fine, but I dont think changes should ever be made to make solo encounters better at the cost of upsetting the balance of group encounters.

alphaonezero10

Post#36 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm
Twohandernoob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:19 am
doky wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:51 am

perfect conclusion for this discussion
No it isn't. It's a more nuanced discussion, not a state the obvious slogan high five. It's a question of balance. If the most experienced WHs on the server are trying to explain that solo play is slowly becoming much harder, it could be that balance needs tweaking. Not zomg I must instamelt everyone. But some adjustment.

The increase in defensive set options, armour and wounds vs the same dps output (because of blind inducing insistence on squashing power creep) is suffocating solo play. If anyone is left who cares about that kind of thing. Where's Torque at?
You cant debate balance in a vacuum of "solo play".Something like making BAL magic damage could have a significant impact on group play. Stealthers like to play solo and that's fine, but I dont think changes should ever be made to make solo encounters better at the cost of upsetting the balance of group encounters.
I happen to believe BAL is fine when paired with bb/sod against higher armoured targets if thats the concern.

But there is something to be said about the state stealthers are in when it comes to their role in rvr. Originally they were, in my opinion, designed to be geared more towards solo roam - ganking single targets on their way to the action, stemming the flow of reinforcements. Their group viability was always sub par when compared to their mdps alternatives and the entire class just has that feel of a roamer, especially when yoh consider the limitations and long cooldown of stealth.

WH offer nothing truly unique to a group/WB that a SL or WL cant do better. They offer no real AoE or Group utility beyond heal debuffs (if specced). Their only selling point is their dps - which a BW can essentially beat while being 100ft away. And they are light armored which severely dampens their uptime in rvr. Pretty much everyone knows this - once you see a WH in rvr, everyone targets them. They are overly reliant on a guard and almost never get one because some other class usually deserves it more.

WH having a poor uptime and poor group utility wouldn’t be so bad if they were clearly the best ST dps, bar none. But they really are not, especially when you consider their liabilities.

Therein lies the problem though. If you buff their dps to that level then you make them OP in solo play. So WH are in a state of flux when it comes to balancing - if one sticks to the mantra of “only group balance matters in an rvr game” then WH need a buff of some kind because they are simply not worth it in rvr warbands. Even though they can be made useful in 6 mans, i cant shake the feeling that another class just does it better without the babysitting required.

While overall I agree that the class is mostly fine in solo roam - for the moment - their group play is imo third tier at best. Also, solo roam is sort of a dying gameplay imo - everyone groups/zergs nowadays. And thats not such a bad thing, I would just like to see more group viability in the future.

( I was careful not to address WE as well here. They have a rather viable brawler build dueto the way kisses/WB work and thus have a better place in SC/6 mans. Though in WB rvr they still suffer the same issues)

normanis

Post#37 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:42 am

wych kises proc every 4th spam while wh need apply finisher to get bullet work.
wych get 100% auttoattack - mean kises aplies even faster
both got +50% armor pentrate for 3 sec
ninja shadow technique
wyches is more than wh
also where time when there was aoe for both clases. byt its removed. so game is zerg biased now. bigger zerg and those who build faster morale = win.
wh and wych have nothing to offer for spot in wb anymore. even wl is crappy aoe dealer vs mara morale drainer. so order have 2 clases who is not welcome in zerg fights. (also wl pet is so smart he pull lord out from his smoke break, and lord in fury kicking pug ases)
to open post. whell i dont think there will be any changes or balance. if ppl whanted to balance they already done it.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

roadkillrobin

Post#38 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:35 pm

If the defensive capabillities meta is due to armor stacking then it's time to start prioritize weaponskill a bit higher. The AA of both WE and WE are highly underated source of damage and count for something like 30-40% of the damage. Using the logic that Armor ignore skills are supuse to be sufficiant source of damge when it only counts for some thing like 40% of the damage is imo a bad use if your resources. The sigils/elexirs arn't relible as a utillity tool due to it's awfull CD.

Ads