Recent Topics

Ads

Career for Warrior Priest

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mersi

Career for Warrior Priest

Post#1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:31 am

I had this same problem when I played the original; what career or trade should I be choosing to complement a tanky WP? I originally did potion making but it didn't do me any good.

Ads
Marawo

Re: Career for Warrior Priest

Post#2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:59 am

Warrior priest is a strong Butcher (get ingredients from dead animal type npcs) or a strong scavenger (ingredients from dead humanoid npcs) if you prepare a dps gearset for pve runs.

On your main character I'd reccomend Salvaging (break up enchanted gear) it is a bit expensive to grind up the ranks, but once you start to complete your gearsets you will get an oversupply of medals and double gear parts that would go into the trash otherwise.
WP has a access to a wide variety of stats to salvage from.

In conclusion, if you don't wanna make pots make talis, if you don't mind speccing to dps for pve runs scavenge is a good and cheap option to get into talimaking (dungeons can be lucrative as well), if you just wanna play pvp and this is your main go salvaging lategame you will have access to alot of talis perfect to fit out your main and possible alts.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:16 am

The profession for your main-char should be either cultivating or salvaging. Cultivating is the most time consuming profession and for salvaging you need high quality gear (from open-rvr bags for example). Scavenging and butchering should be on alts, maybe on alts you want to visit dungeons with.

If you want to play only one toon, select cultivating as profession, despite your experiences. You did not explain why it didnt do you any good.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

marisco

Post#4 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Don't think of professions here as professions in wow. In wow, each profession has a clear synergy with classes i.e. Blacksmithing for plate users, Leatherworking for leather users, etc.

On WAR there is no such thing. You can do whatever you want. As people said, cultivating and salvaging are professions that usually take more time to level up, so they are best on your main character. Butchering and scavenging are usually better on characters that can farm PVE easily, because they involve killing lots mobs.

That's about it.