Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Fifty shades of spec

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
popperz

Re: [WH] Fifty shades of spec

Post#21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 am

Just to share a fun fact. Squigs have a dot, which is comparable to BAL and you don't need mechanics, positioning, etc. :)
Also the burst is fun :) Just check the first 2 seconds in the image. Even taking into account all the balancing problems with melee squigs, the blessed blade WH spec is ok 1vs1 against them. I never run if I have the potion up.

Nevertheless, I am not capable to make such a burst on a dragon gun WH. If it crit more, I wouldn't have time for potion.

Image (and I fail embedding the img)
https://imgur.com/SJLLNlC
Last edited by popperz on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Ads
harkerkane

Post#22 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:57 am

For spec just renown in IV disrupt full crit. Take vindication flanking blessed blade fanatical cleansing and profit .for wb switch flanking for sweeping razor and get dragongun on healers with heal debuff bullet. Fire in the hole ...

popperz

Post#23 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 am

harkerkane wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:57 am For spec just renown in IV disrupt full crit. Take vindication flanking blessed blade fanatical cleansing and profit .for wb switch flanking for sweeping razor and get dragongun on healers with heal debuff bullet. Fire in the hole ...
wb WH is non-existent. Waste of space.
And for the first part, there is no point taking flanking vs brute force. 15% situational damage is worse than 11% stable one + parry strikethrough unless it is a grp spec (target runs from you). Lastly, it's not a solo spec at all. What the point of making a WH if never solo? You would be in a disadvantage against melee classes in any 1 vs 1.

And with no parry, you would be so dead against any decent melee squig.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

harkerkane

Post#24 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Seems u dont understand wh potential.
I get your point on brute force. Dont know why but i was sure that bf gave 7 % and not 11 or 15
Parry striketrough is useless if you get the back of your target because you cant be blocked and parry.
With stealth confession wh can get to healer pop dragon gun under shroud of magnus and get ALL healers in zone heal debuffed which is way better than mono debuff.with dragon gun you stun your target and have 50 % debuff armor for 3 sec .2 razor and you just have to put another finish and get back two razor strike 850 non crit (with vindication proc) with 50 %armor debuff. If you feel it useless i get your point but dont understand it.
And for those shitty squig, range stun dash speed from judgement armor debuff and 100 parry make them easy to kill one vs one. If not alone with assist and they catch whatever you do you are dead.
For solo vindication and flanking against caster healer make tria by pain crit at 1050 before mitigation .tbp give six secondes 50 % debuff armor six hits and two bullets and hit healer at range better than absolution , just 1000 less than bal but cant be cleanse.
Against mdps solo i switch to bb riposte and inquisitor fury which work perfectly with the two 100 % parry. But in rvr vindication with more than 20 % disrupt is ALWAYS up which is better than bf or flanking
Razor strike in full confession hit 690 or more non crit which is way better with armor debuff against caster. i use epic gun with 800 armor debuff with 30 % armor penetration and feel way more usefull for my guild than with mono spec but maybe is it only because i feel this spec way more funny and tanky

harkerkane

Post#25 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Comparing brute force and flanking .on paper flanking is similar but it give 15 % damage on hit .brute force give only 36 damage on torment and 48 on razor which make only 7 % and 7,8 % damage increase . Still feel flanking better even if situational

popperz

Post#26 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:39 pm

imo aoe heal debuff would work only if it would be incoming, not outgoing. The situation when you can debuff more than 2 healers already sounds fishy. It would be stupid of healers to blob.
In any case, I am biased against wh in wb's...so not worth to account for my opinion on that question.

Regarding BT: with BT torment: 614, without 564 = 9%. I was quite sure it was 11%. So it's debatable now. Regarding "back of opponent" if he is afk than yeah it's an argument. But if it's a good WE/mara/choppa you are at the back twice: during KD and if you use sanctified oil for 2 more sec. The rest of the fight is when parry plays a role.

Regarding "switching" then again, I am searching for a cookie cutter with good universality. Switching tactics would be an option if it would be allowed in combat.

And regarding the gun with 800 armor debuff, totally agree. I am in the process of acquiring one...sooner or later.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

harkerkane

Post#27 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:28 pm

To get back target it s better to have range stun with 10 sec cd than positional one with 20 .if not up mez and SO are amazing too. This spec do 10 % less damage but have lots of ability to adapt and dps is more reliable.

For heal debuff healers are VERY often together in wb and heal debuff make them unable to heal there friends too. So you have three or four healets doing 50 % heal . My razor do often 1300 on targets in aoe and the surprise make pug healers panic. The only problem is against premade who have strange auto assist and depop you just before you go out of stealth. But it s more or less the case in scen not in open rvr

harkerkane

Post#28 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:29 pm

To get back target it s better to have range stun with 10 sec cd than positional one with 20 .if not up mez and SO are amazing too. This spec do 10 % less damage but have lots of ability to adapt and dps is more reliable.

For heal debuff healers are VERY often together in wb and heal debuff make them unable to heal there friends too. So you have three or four healets doing 50 % heal . My razor do often 1300 on targets in aoe and the surprise make pug healers panic. The only problem is against premade who have strange auto assist and depop you just before you go out of stealth. But it s more or less the case in scen not in open rvr

Ads
Xergon

Post#29 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:01 pm

popperz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 am Just to share a fun fact. Squigs have a dot, which is comparable to BAL and you don't need mechanics, positioning, etc. :)
Also the burst is fun :) Just check the first 2 seconds in the image. Even taking into account all the balancing problems with melee squigs, the blessed blade WH spec is ok 1vs1 against them. I never run if I have the potion up.

Nevertheless, I am not capable to make such a burst on a dragon gun WH. If it crit more, I wouldn't have time for potion.

Image (and I fail embedding the img)
https://imgur.com/SJLLNlC
I don't see any similar to BAL damage values here... but why are you even fighting MeleeSH in 1st place? You should DA him and get the **** out, MeleeSH can beat WL, how on earth you want to beat that? Just open career builder and check how many abilities they have as Core in Melee mastery, its madness, but possible in RoR ;) , no idea how someone think its ok...
harkerkane wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:28 pm To get back target it s better to have range stun with 10 sec cd than positional one with 20 .if not up mez and SO are amazing too. This spec do 10 % less damage but have lots of ability to adapt and dps is more reliable.

Anything can work in PUG environment, and believe me, i tried it in premade WB's its close to non-impact, if you lucky 1 of 10 times you will not get CCed in stealth so you will be able to reach backline, but even then when you reach it, you wont be able to kill anything, cause premade Healers use detaunt and laugh on you.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

popperz

Post#30 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Xergon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:01 pm I don't see any similar to BAL damage values here...
A dot with 704 base damage? My torment into dummie with no mitigation hits for 500-600 :(
And 5k dmg in 2 sec? :D Luckily I parried 2 hits and most of them didn't crit. Otherwise, I would be dead in 2 sec. This time I won but I guess it's pure luck. Melee SH has absolutely everything to kill WH...and I guess when majority of squigs L2P, your funny scenario of DA and run run run will be 90% of the time :)
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK