Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Tips on my healer build?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abezverkhiy1

Re: Tips on my WP healer build?

Post#11 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:53 pm

normanis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:54 am i used iniative talismans on my wp + wounds/willpower. because i am low rr and i whant reach to be crit towards 0 and my iniative 300. byt still i die (haahaha) . second i dont understand why stack so much armor if wyches/mara /choppa anyway bypass most armor and sorc/magus dont even care about how big is your armor.
my wp ungeared unbuffed is 25% to be crit liek my mara .
I have 14.5% chance to be crit and I am fine with that. This value assumes that I am fighting with someone of the same level. So any lower level player will have a smaller value to crit me. Not sure if RR is important here or not. Just never cared about this question. Ini is not a primary stat that's why I am not using it for talismans.

And why do I not use WP talismans? Because WP gives very low marginal effect to your heals. In other words, healing formulas look something like:
(1) 1000 + 0.05 * WP - your healing would be 1005 with 100 WP and 1025 with 500 WP
and not like:
(2) 100 + 5 * WP - your healing would be 600 with 100 WP and 2600 with 500 WP

Both formulas are not real ones but truth is that our formulas are more like (1) - WP gives very low marginal effect. Just play with your gear and look at healing values in ability tooltips.

Why do I not use Wounds talismans? I never tested it but I read tests of those who tested. And they say that armor talismans give more survival to our class.

Lastly, you mentioned armor ignoring attacks. You are right, there are attacks that ignore it. So why do we need so much armor? That is the case you can ask tanks - hey, why do you need so much of it? Because not all the attacks ignore armor and so we get protection from them. Armor mitigation is a very powerful thing when it is working - with my armor mitigation of 80% I do not care if someone hits me with 1500 raw phisical damage because it goes down to 300. For witch elves, choppas and maras you have detaunt and all your heals. Use them wisely.

Ads
Ototo

Post#12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:12 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:22 am ^ a lot of bad advice, will comment further why etc when I get the chance unless someone is faster than me
Still waiting...
Spoiler:

normanis

Post#13 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:22 pm

i readed in iron breaker guide more than 4.6 k armor is no use ( or he said more than 5k didnt remember corectly) and warrior priest dok supousto bee frontline healer with those heavy armor, byt mostly where u meet tham is backline where staying ather healer clases.
btw about armor read volgograd guide or watch video, he explain everything very clear.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

abezverkhiy1

Post#14 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:45 pm

i think my armor is just below 3500 with potion and prayer.

and i know about 5k. yes, it is the point when one begins to stack toughness instead of armor. but this is not for us - tanks have this amount of armor from set values and they can spend tali spots on toughness. we can't.
Last edited by abezverkhiy1 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abezverkhiy1

Post#15 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:12 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:22 am ^ a lot of bad advice, will comment further why etc when I get the chance unless someone is faster than me
Still waiting...
why would you? is he special to be worried about his arrogant remarks?

normanis

Post#16 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:53 pm

ok i found this, there is part also for warriorpriest. i hope for new warriorpriets/doks its will help survive in battlefield. btw use aoe snare potions (farm rats for it need butcher 1 lvl)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32026&p=362056&hil ... de#p362056
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ototo

Post#17 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:21 pm

abezverkhiy1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:47 pm
Still waiting...
why would you? is he special to be worried about his arrogant remarks?
Not really, but I wanted to see if for one time he was right in something, and I may do something better. You know, kind of hard to lose faith in humanity :) :)
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Ehh, Heal Debuff is predicated on you getting into very close range, and hitting a target in the back (because it will be parried with such low str), so it's risky. It also has the potential to remove your detaunt on the kill target. Besides, your DPS should be providing this. Smite should never be used as anything other than RF gain; the actual damage is pretty laughable if you're in heal spec rocking 200 str.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#19 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Still waiting...
>using terms like 2nd, 3rd and 4th line healer
>using the HD on a heal WP which means
a) your group comp is absolute dogshit
b) you compromise your positioning
>what 30ft AoE heal
>not speccing heal crit because “HoT healing”!? WP healing is 50%, if not more, based on HoTs
>all HoT ticks (except the lingering XYZ type) are spacced equally, 3s intervals
>willpower makes a difference on WP because the stat converter on Divine Mend is 1:1

Ototo

Post#20 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:23 pm Ehh, Heal Debuff is predicated on you getting into very close range, and hitting a target in the back (because it will be parried with such low str), so it's risky. It also has the potential to remove your detaunt on the kill target. Besides, your DPS should be providing this. Smite should never be used as anything other than RF gain; the actual damage is pretty laughable if you're in heal spec rocking 200 str.
Are you implying that you do "Supplication" in close range? It would be instantly interrumpted by a freaking lot of effects, not simply by being taunted, that also, but by literally most effects excepts disarms and roots, if I recall correctly. Being a cast will also be setted back by hits, which you will be sustaining. Your only way to regain RF in the second line is "Smite", and whoever says something different either don't play close range healing or is a WP-dps.

I clearly stated that the dmg is low, yet is an AoE skill which are the ones that counts in RvR, and any bolster to AoE is allways nice in RvR. Every point counts. I know you gonna use this completely truth statement to twist it and say whatever. I don't even care. Still true that if you can both do a false "Supplication" and get your RF full using "Smite", and in the process do some dmg even it being low, you are helping more than sitting doing nothing untill your RF gets full again while being setted back or interrupted. If you still use it, there is a very interesting M2 called "Focused Mind" that is no doubt a good choice. Yet the RF you regain will mean less heals and along way more time than "Rampaging Syphon", which damage is guaranteed cause is a morale skill, in the second line, and both being M2 slot, it's a no-brain choice to go for the latter in 2nd line.

If you play the class, you will be using allways 1st dmg skills, then "Repent", and not otherwise. Implying that you do it in the other way implies that you have not read the tooltip of the skill in-game. If you do it like that, Peter, please, I encourage you to read every new skill when you get it and see which effects are dependant on it, and which effect or conditions can trigger an auto-fail of the skill, and which ones will power it up.

About "Absence of Faith", i clearly also said that is not a spam-button, but when the moment comes. You are not supposed to be searching to use this skill. You are presuming that the hit will not land, but that can happen literally with all skills of the game, is not reduced to this skill, and according to your logic tanks will not be landing any hit, cause their main offensive stat is WS cause of the bonus to parry, yet, they land hits, magically reading your post, with about the same strenght or slightly more than a WP, not an AM, so a class that actually has streght in a lot of their pieces, and some special jewelry with streght-willpower.

It is not predicated by me, but by most WP guides in the forum, and simply cause it can be extremely useful in more situations than the other choices at hand. If you really, really, really, need M4 of the healing tree, is most likely that you are spamming M1 for the powerful heal, or M3 for the group shield, so not that you gonna be reaching it easily to start with. M4s, as you know, are not exactly easy to hit, and you have to purposely build them up getting hitted, healing ppl, or doing both.

Nothing new under the sun: You trying to jump on me on any thread, giving no advice at all or help at all, forcing me to defuse your lies about me commenting on your posts which I don't wanted to start with but to completely ignore you, ignoring that fact that I have to write in every damn post, me having to write walls of texts to explain things that you completely know and act like a child to say "I don't understand why X", and using catastrophe-like comparisions. At least I don't get more insults from you in PMs, so maybe a Mod advice mediated in, which I'm happy with.

Hopefully this will eventually ends, when I learn how to ignore a person in this forum. BTW, if someones knows how, please, tell me how.

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:42 pm (...)
>what 30ft AoE heal
(...)
That I have to link it speaks very little of your advice, but well, here it goes.... This one: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... mm=&mt=&t=
shaggyboomboom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:42 pm (...)
>willpower makes a difference on WP because the stat converter on Divine Mend is 1:1
I'm not gonna return to this, cause is not even worthy. Simply read abezverkhiy1 comment: http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 10#p364954

Up to you if you want to contradint your previous post and start stacking Willpower.
Spoiler: