Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for a few good WHs...

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phononHYPE

Re: Looking for a few good WHs...

Post#11 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:18 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:26 am Just so you know, there is a max of 40 ft on initiative stealth detection. The distance in which you can see stealthed players does not decrease or increase based on initiative. The only thing higher initiative does is increases the chance that you will *permanently* see a WH/WE once they move within your spot range, at least until they uncloak and cloak again.

Spot range is additionally decreased from 40ft by 60% if the stealthed player is to the side of you, and 80% if you are directly behind your target. If you are standing still as a stealthed player, visibility range is reduced by an additional 80% which isn't additive with the other percentages. If you are directly behind and standing still, the other player would have to be within 1.6 units to spot you.
That... is a huge help! Thank you. But I have seen (even before this, and during my one test to date) WH come in-and-out of stealth as they moved about my area. If a higher initiative makes that permanent, what is happening here? For example, in several tests the WH would fade in-and-out up to I think of a maximum of 4 times. Three on several occasions for sure, I'll go back and check videos for total top-counts.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:43 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:18 am
Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:26 am Just so you know, there is a max of 40 ft on initiative stealth detection. The distance in which you can see stealthed players does not decrease or increase based on initiative. The only thing higher initiative does is increases the chance that you will *permanently* see a WH/WE once they move within your spot range, at least until they uncloak and cloak again.

Spot range is additionally decreased from 40ft by 60% if the stealthed player is to the side of you, and 80% if you are directly behind your target. If you are standing still as a stealthed player, visibility range is reduced by an additional 80% which isn't additive with the other percentages. If you are directly behind and standing still, the other player would have to be within 1.6 units to spot you.
That... is a huge help! Thank you. But I have seen (even before this, and during my one test to date) WH come in-and-out of stealth as they moved about my area. If a higher initiative makes that permanent, what is happening here? For example, in several tests the WH would fade in-and-out up to I think of a maximum of 4 times. Three on several occasions for sure, I'll go back and check videos for total top-counts.
Spotting a player is temporary if the roll fails. Once the stealther moves out of the range (which can be variable length on feet), the stealther is hidden again, provided the roll didn't succeed. The 2 second stealth will actually reset who has spotted you in addition to that.

Ototo

Post#13 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:43 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:18 am

Spotting a player is temporary if the roll fails. Once the stealther moves out of the range (which can be variable length on feet), the stealther is hidden again, provided the roll didn't succeed. The 2 second stealth will actually reset who has spotted you in addition to that.
I actually tried the 2 seconds too in the test, to check also what you say here. Thanks for the info, Secrets.
Spoiler:

phononHYPE

Post#14 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:11 pm

So um, I guess I'm "finished" with this experiment. Thanks to Atata and Secrets :D

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Koryu199X

Post#15 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:01 pm

so what is a good initiative to have then?

abezverkhiy

Post#16 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:37 am

Do not bother with it. Maximize STR, Wounds and avoidance stats in whatever order you see fit but for Ini just take it off the radar.

Best way to detect stealthers is to be behind them. To give you an example - when I see a WE is about to sneak through the postern I do not face the postern from my side, I turn my back to the wall so when she ports in she has her back right in front of me and I can detect her. Doesn't work always but pretty often.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

phononHYPE

Post#17 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:50 am

IF, that's a very big "if", you have the points to play around with after all your other important stats, 300-350 is fine. My magus happens to have ~450 with only one tali (staff) and Genesis bit with INI/MP, so that is generally waaaaay overkill. My choppa hovers around 275-310 depending on which gear I ues, and I feel okay'ish with it - detect a few WH's here and there.

Don't go overboard. This post had my (now deleted - sigh) zealot pushing stupid numbers as an experiment. Just go with your gear and the Gen bit and maybe 1-2 talis max.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Greywolfamakir

Post#18 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:26 am

Helo.

Greywolff here, RR 84, but since OP says "good WHs" i am 100% out of the pool :(, I am sorry.

Ads
ZEDE

Post#19 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:14 am

"Secret" said it all (thanks for the reminder).
in view of% and statistics, we are more in the hazard than anything else.
Which is quite frustrating ... because a randomly detectable invisible is no longer really an invisible (you understand the problem).
WH / WE consist of newspaper and some shoddy fabric and plastic.
The "little" secret (not that of "secret") is: the only viable option to detect an invisible is ... spam aoe ...
But ... I shoot myself in the foot when I tell you that!