Recent Topics

Ads

[kotb]what my masteries should be like as snb??

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fodon

[kotb]what my masteries should be like as snb??

Post#1 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm

besides kd what else should i invest into? just new to tanking, used to be squig lol, and 2h dps does not see so good for him after some research =/ , at least at lower levels of renown

Ads
adamthelc

Re: [kotb]what my masteries should be like as snb??

Post#2 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:54 pm

Probably something with smashing counter, slice through and heavens fury.

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:55 am

I think RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun is a good starting point. Control, survival, group support, then play around with points left over.

Edit: Things you need: Rugged, Banish Darkness. Things your group expects you to have: Focused Mending. That leaves either Coordination (a solid skill for guard damage mitigation, so-so vs rest of the pack until higher level/gear where you can really stack on the parry/block) or Slice Through. These two can all be picked up and then you try them out, back and forth, and see which works best for you and your group.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

kmark101

Post#4 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:18 am

phononHYPE wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:55 am I think RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun is a good starting point. Control, survival, group support, then play around with points left over.

Edit: Things you need: Rugged, Banish Darkness. Things your group expects you to have: Focused Mending. That leaves either Coordination (a solid skill for guard damage mitigation, so-so vs rest of the pack until higher level/gear where you can really stack on the parry/block) or Slice Through. These two can all be picked up and then you try them out, back and forth, and see which works best for you and your group.
You forgot Runefang. What kind of player not using Runefang. Best tactic in whole game.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Lol-tank, not lol-dps.

Edit: but good 3rd choice, after emperor's ward.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:15 pm

A lot depends on group makeup and what you are doing have a IB with earthshatter , then no need for slice through, i run a bunch of different set ups, sometimes bellow commands for extra ap fo group, coordniation , and vigilance, most of the time i have Focused mending slotted,

if im doing rvr, forts etc i run solarflare, sometimes ill slot gilded shield for extra disrupts in large scale rvr .

Ototo

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:33 pm

I run this and is pretty efficient for a front liner. It has ap regen that allows for Hold the Line (HtL) to not deplete your ap pool so you can do 2 in a row or use it to run protected and immediately snare a foe, AoE stagger to disable the backline of the enemy, knockdown for nasty enemy DPSs, and pretty decent dmg that, as opposed as what you have been said, is important so you can actually be of use and exploit your survival by taking some MDPSs out of the front line. In M1 I run the shield, but up to you really. In M4, respec to Solar Flare when in sieges:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3073,3074

Alternatively with Solar Flare always slotted:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3080,3068

For renown I go: chance to be critted down to zero, a mix of dodge/disrupt and parry up to 30-35% the idea being that you hit the cap or close to it when under HtL, and then block the rest.

I find this build I run more balanced than the usual Focused Mending build, cause if you can survive longer your team needs less heals, and HtL helps a lot to simply avoid damage entirely. Due to the amount of KoBS running the FM version, you are not gonna be using that aura a lot due to redundancy.

My preference for talismans is a mix of Toughness, Wounds, and Weapon Skill for RvR. Weapon Skill will improve both your damage against enemy tanks, that you gonna crash constantly with, and your parry allowing you to spend less renown on it.

And these are my final points to this advice: Check that you are using Guard and in a target you can actually guard but not one that is so stupidly reckless that is gonna get you killed, check that you are using Auras that aren't currently being used in the party, and use cover to avoid damage yourself, cause there is a difference between being able to soak a lot of damage, and the need to prove it by actually doing so, so give your healers an easy time and they will take care of you.
Spoiler: