Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest TANK

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abezverkhiy

Re: Warrior Priest TANK

Post#11 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 am

This sounds interesting!
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#12 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:46 am

However even with that ‘guard’ thing survival in the front lines will be challenging. My WP has almost 80% damage reduction from armor but this means nothing against armor ignoring attacks. So the key would be some low cooldown absorb ability. On the other hand it may make WP ridiculously OP.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am

Shield WP can get very, very tough, but can't tank: no aggro generation skills, no taunt or challenge, no guard, etc.

dalen
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:52 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:46 am However even with that ‘guard’ thing survival in the front lines will be challenging. My WP has almost 80% damage reduction from armor but this means nothing against armor ignoring attacks. So the key would be some low cooldown absorb ability. On the other hand it may make WP ridiculously OP.
The low cooldown absorb ability is already there: Emperor's Ward tactic
Source Developer

abezverkhiy

Post#15 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:17 am

Good point. Thank you mate

MayoDaen78

Post#16 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 am

LiberateInferis wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 am Is this possible in this game or not?
Possible yes if you mean being tanky and hold your own, while having abilities to heal, but tank to your group, not as good as the tank archetype class because You lack, Taunt, Challenge, Guard which are the core mechanics to all tanks.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

BeautfulToad

Post#17 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am

Charon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm Shield WP should get "guard" ability instead of Sigmars Grace - that would totally change his tactical position in the team and give him more flavor
I'd personally like something that makes frontline rezzing more feasible. I think the frontline healer should have more perks to encourage them to the front rather than the backline since that's their whole meta.

I also think that a selfish (self-heal) WP is very hard to kill as it is though, and slight changes could make them (and DoK) very OP.

Warfare80

Post#18 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am
Charon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm Shield WP should get "guard" ability instead of Sigmars Grace - that would totally change his tactical position in the team and give him more flavor
I'd personally like something that makes frontline rezzing more feasible. I think the frontline healer should have more perks to encourage them to the front rather than the backline since that's their whole meta.

I also think that a selfish (self-heal) WP is very hard to kill as it is though, and slight changes could make them (and DoK) very OP.
I understand this point of view. But a frontline healer,holding the ground and surviving the enemystorm, needs to have alot of survivalbility. Imagine how badass this class becomes in smallscale fighting, could very easily become verp OP.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
Wiede

Post#19 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm a lot of AoE buffs
Tell me :?
i know about a wounds-buff and 10% dodge/disrupt [...] (which depletes your complete resource so you can do nothing after that...), but... thats all?

/Pushing, cause wan't to make it viable!

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:16 pm

Wiede wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm
BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm a lot of AoE buffs
Tell me :?
i know about a wounds-buff and 10% dodge/disrupt [...] (which depletes your complete resource so you can do nothing after that...), but... thats all?

/Pushing, cause wan't to make it viable!
Your prayers are basically auras like a Kotbs. But you can boost armour, damage, or HP through your prayer auras. This means WP can have similar number of auras to a Kotbs give boosts to wounds, armour, and the 10% dodge/disrupt (you can also boost the defensive and offensive stats of your defensive target with a couple abilities).

WP even has a guard-like ability - "Sigmar's Shield" - this effectively mitigates damage dealt to your defensive target as long as you have Righteous Fury. There is also sacrifice (as well as Sigmar's Shield) which both count as lifetaps and so dont suffer from your healing pen.

This guy seems to think SnB/tankie WP is viable.

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627&hilit=grace+warrior+priest

My only issue with it is the fact you seem to be sacrificing a lot of your lifetaps for armour, but otherwise, I will certainly go this build when I hit T4, since survivability in PUG SCs will require it. My only reservation with this build is sacrificing strength for armour, since your lifetaps are crucial for any frontline healing (Divine Assault heals you 350% of damage dealt and makes you very hard to kill in 1v1).

I am trying a 2-hander right now. I find it is not as weak as others are suggesting, and will win (or not die) in most 1v1s against most destro players, except dps shammie and sometimes Witch Elf. The only issue is the length of time it takes to kill your opponent. I do think you need a loadout for healer though with 2handed WP if you play PUG SCs, etc. An added problem is the fact you tend to be targetted first as people see you as a healer, and this may be why the grace build requires a bit more focus on your defensive stats (rather than optimising based on the numbers).
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.