Recent Topics

Ads

Kots skill rotation s&s and 2h

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark

Re: Kots skill rotation s&s and 2h

Post#11 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 pm

You must master Vicious Slash timing.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Ototo

Post#12 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:07 pm
synthrocker wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:29 pm

Only until T4...the point when it becomes useless.
So what would you use as your spammable? Precision strike?

Not talking about things like coordination and shatter, etc
Pretty much. You don't really do damage as a knight so it really doesn't matter all that much. Your guard, cc abilities, and auras are much more important.
You could do A FREAKING LOT of damage as KoBS in the original game when speccing for DPS, but it took out all of the survability. It was not easy-mode like BG, which pretty much did both things at the same time.

Just returning to RoR, so no clue if it is like that here still, but a 2H KoBS with full dps build could be crazy in a 1vs1 thanks to taunt, auras, and CCs. In a 1vs2, you were doomed unless that you spammed correctly timed all the CCs in the correct target, which required a lot of skill that KoBS progression along tiers did not teach player, cause as said, it was pretty much a one-hit-spammed class if you rotated the auras, so no learning curve was involved in leveling them to 40.

IMO chosen was better though, cause they had more sinergy with the 2H weapons.

EDIT: And I forgot that, but you could ambush in elf zones mainly, then simply CC loners, kick them, fall-death. Return to hide a couple meter away then repeat endlessly. Not funny for me, but indeed a RR powerlevel strategy.
Spoiler:

synthrocker

Post#13 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 pm
Spoiler:

Pretty much. You don't really do damage as a knight so it really doesn't matter all that much. Your guard, cc abilities, and auras are much more important.
You could do A FREAKING LOT of damage as KoBS in the original game when speccing for DPS, but it took out all of the survability. It was not easy-mode like BG, which pretty much did both things at the same time.

Just returning to RoR, so no clue if it is like that here still, but a 2H KoBS with full dps build could be crazy in a 1vs1 thanks to taunt, auras, and CCs. In a 1vs2, you were doomed unless that you spammed correctly timed all the CCs in the correct target, which required a lot of skill that KoBS progression along tiers did not teach player, cause as said, it was pretty much a one-hit-spammed class if you rotated the auras, so no learning curve was involved in leveling them to 40.

EDIT: And I forgot that, but you could ambush in elf zones mainly, then simply CC loners, kick them, fall-death. Return to hide a couple meter away then repeat endlessly. Not funny for me, but indeed a RR powerlevel strategy.

Yeah I’m asking for more or less solo play. I like my knight turtle spec, my knight turtle spec on live could take on 3-4 people at once. (Full tyrant pretty much right after it came out) here, it’s much different, turtle spec ain’t much of a turtle. Melee hurts, as they’ve needed toughness on this server.

So for solo play, precision strikexor blazing blade.
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Ototo

Post#14 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 pm

synthrocker wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 pm Yeah I’m asking for more or less solo play. I like my knight turtle spec, my knight turtle spec on live could take on 3-4 people at once. (Full tyrant pretty much right after it came out) here, it’s much different, turtle spec ain’t much of a turtle. Melee hurts, as they’ve needed toughness on this server.

So for solo play, precision strikexor blazing blade.
I was not a great fan of that mixed build. It did not work in my KoBS. Indeed Tough was main stat even as dps, cause their health pool was actually not that big as it looked like, and stacking tough was easier than stacking wounds.

I'm kind of happy that it is not really possible to do such mixed here, cause was actually WAY overpowered due to gear. As you said, with a single level above in gear and tank spec with 2H weapons, you were pretty much unkillable and able to still deal a decent amount of dmg, but was simply unfair.

I respecced for DPS my KoBS at the very end of my time playing in live, and was way better than I spected even with sub-par gear. I had to deal with that using pots all the time, but kind of work and was funny to play, cause many people ignored you, cause as KoBS they thought that could take your hits for a bit, then suddenly found themselves at half and CCed. Honestly, if they reacted decently fast, the DPS lacks a lot in the HP section, but was fun :D :D
Spoiler:

Tankbeardz

Post#15 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 am

Ototo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 pm
Spoiler:

Maybe when they first released knight...but it got nerf batted hard, along with chosens.

orillah
Suspended

Post#16 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:22 am

Solo play nerfed pretty close to the point where is no reason to even try. Dps potential is lowest in the game, even if you sacrifice everything for it and become pretty much a glasscanon.

Atm you are just a guard bot, with punt and kb. No real rotation here, just use skills appropriate for the monent.

In every balance discussion auras would be always a gtfo argument.

tazdingo

Post#17 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am

orillah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:22 am Atm you are just a guard bot, with punt and kb. No real rotation here, just use skills appropriate for the monent.
and interrupt... a good knight can shut down a zeal/sham for almost 10 secs regardless of immunities

orillah
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:35 am

tazdingo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am
and interrupt... a good knight can shut down a zeal/sham for almost 10 secs regardless of immunities
Hypothetically, if target is immune to kb and punt, only thing you can do is to interrupt 2 casts (one ability have 15 sec cd another is 10s), so not so close to 10 sec shut down. But if i miss smth pls enlighten me!

Ads
tazdingo

Post#19 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 am

orillah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:35 am
tazdingo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am
Hypothetically, if target is immune to kb and punt, only thing you can do is to interrupt 2 casts (one ability have 15 sec cd another is 10s), so not so close to 10 sec shut down. But if i miss smth pls enlighten me!
it's a pub thing good healer will deny you with position and cc, but if you join an sc where main destro heals are ur regualar survive spec shammy/zeal hoping to sit at the back and single handedly win the thing by just spamming grp heal you can make their life hell with taunt/vicious/setback aura

their grp is 2.5 cast, if ur on point with the interrupts and get lucky with setbacks you can realllly frig with them. add in gcds and human error, it's like 8 - 10 sec of them doing nothing. works best in those scs where both sides have like 1/2 healer, otherwise yeah you have better things to be doing. doesn't work on doks or more skilled players