Recent Topics

Ads

Salv Priest Itemization

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nietzsky

Salv Priest Itemization

Post#1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:10 am

Just hit 40 on my Warrior Priest, and figure I'll be playing the next few months as salvation while I grind to rr70 (found wrath to be fairly underperforming with very little gear and renown). Was curious as to how I should go about itemizing.... so far I've been doing rvr to collect annihilator pieces and have been doing scenarios to get my weapon/book up to sc2. Somewhat clueless as to whether there are any rep / influence rewards I should be pursuing, which pieces of annihilator are and aren't worth slotting, and what I should do to start gearing jewelry slots.
Nietzsky - RR6(x) Salvation Warrior Priest

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: Salv Priest Itemization

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 am

I guess main idea of any set is to get as many pieces as possible otherwise you miss set bonuses. Which leaves no option but go for the whole thing. So you are left with weapons and jewelery choice. I do not like sc's cause it is a huge frustration so I get the best weapon AH or Inf could provide. Not the top ones but hell I am not going to spoil my game fun by sitting in sc and being steamrolled to get something 5% stronger than I already have.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:21 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 am . Not the top ones but hell I am not going to spoil my game fun by sitting in sc and being steamrolled to get something 5% stronger than I already have.
You know, there are actions you can take to prevent yourself from being 'steamrolled':

* Find a group/guild who run regular SC groups;
* Failing that, you could queue for the PuG SC with a good RDPS or tank - which results in a strong chance of winning

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Hey,

so i would suggest:

Weapons
Subjugator > SC Weapon (lvl 39/rr39)
SC Weapons (lvl 40/ rr45) > Subjugator

Books
There are several books, but actually it's the same as with the weapon.
But take a look at the open RVR Tier 4 - Empire rewards. Tome of Repose is a nice placeholde between Subjugator and SC Books.

Jewelry
Get the The Winds Impervious - Set.
The Obdurate Seal
Wordbreaker Band
Crow Caller Chain

Buy with Empowered Warrant the Icon of the Mender

Start to collect/buy the Curative Genesis pieces (if you can)

Armor
Try to wear a full set, especially it has a 5% heal crit boni.

After you complete the Annihilator set you should try to farm the next possible set you can get:

Open-RVR
Conquerer
After they reduce the price of the sets, I think you will most likely get this set.

Vanquisher
If you're already doing oRVR, you will get this set right after the Conquerer (maybe fast too). It's one of the BiS Sets (beside OnSlaught, but I don't think you get this set that easy/fast).

Invader
uff, do the Fortress ~55 times. Maybe with a bit luck, you get a bag ;).

PVE
Maybe farm Beastlord, if you want to do dmg.

Redeye-Set
If you have the possibility, and you are still farming Conquerer/Invader, try you're luck in Gunbad. I like the back. And if you want to do city dungeons (or later bastion stairs), you will need the wards.

Sorry, for the long and silly post....here is my cat tax:

Alsayr

Post#5 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:46 am

If You not relogin to other char many times You have big chance to get 1 gold bag per 1 - 2 days from RvR (You get roll bonus to bag). Vanquisher have good bonuses and procs for main path (heal salvation). Next step is farm Invader set on forts. Current best weapons was from scenarios, because weapons from keep purple bags not have good procs for Salvation WP.

I hope pve content in future (end game instances) give boost for heal WP. Currently best Salvation gear is from RvR. This is not suprise, RoR is RvR game :-).
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal