Recent Topics

Ads

Guide for Wrath(main)/Grace? (Flame on)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
hulkhug

Re: Guide for Wrath(main)/Grace? (Flame on)

Post#11 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:50 am

I lvled up by healing as Salvation but now I want to change to dps to farm mobs for salvaging and to do some tome unlocks. Can someone put an basic rotation for pve/pvp and say which damaging skills are not worth using?
Characters: Gladius (RP), Naulin (AM), Beardicus (WP), Hive (BG)
Guild: The Unlikely Plan / TUP

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/phyrexianhulk

Ads
Warfare80

Post#12 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:09 am

Im having problems to decide wich talismans/renown i should specc. Do we have a meta?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Skiantos

Post#13 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Have the same question like Warfare80....wich Talisman and how should i use my RR?

uanaka

Post#14 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Skiantos wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:19 pm Have the same question like Warfare80....wich Talisman and how should i use my RR?
For which spec are you primarily asking for? Grace or Wrath?

Skiantos

Post#15 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 pm

uanaka wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:39 pm
Skiantos wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:19 pm Have the same question like Warfare80....wich Talisman and how should i use my RR?
Wrath...the spec for Grace already have it :)

BeautfulToad

Post#16 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:53 am

Skiantos wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 pm
For wrath i am assuming the meta is this: stack strength and use your lifetaps only on yourself or 1 mdps person, usually a slayer. Get all the wrath skills (and grace stuff not needing shield), as much STR as possible, be sure to spam that skill which bypasses armour, greave of sigmar, and either spam AoE or your most powerful single target attack (and so spam heal debuff too).

You end up with a mdps that's tougher than mara, that can be fairly bothersome for destro melee characters. Id say you have a slightly better damage output to 2handed tanks but have better survivability and can also res people (which maybe makes DPS WP a bit more useful than 2handed tank, on paper).

The issues with DPS WP in PUG warbands and SCs,

1, you tend to be targetted by the other side in SCs, who prioritise killing healers which 2handed tanks dont need to worry about. Ranged dps kill you if you dont have destro mdps to leech hp from.

2. If you want to win SCs you need to check the group composition. If you have a weak frontline, you will be leading melee charges, if you have no healers you may find yourself rezzing a lot so may need a bit of a quick respec or change your rotation significantly.

In PvE, DPS WP is very strong, and can solo all basic PQs (even ones a tier or two above you).

Skiantos

Post#17 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:24 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:53 am
Skiantos wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 pm

For wrath i am assuming the meta is this: stack strength and use your lifetaps only on yourself or 1 mdps person, usually a slayer. Get all the wrath skills (and grace stuff not needing shield), as much STR as possible, be sure to spam that skill which bypasses armour, greave of sigmar, and either spam AoE or your most powerful single target attack (and so spam heal debuff too).

You end up with a mdps that's tougher than mara, that can be fairly bothersome for destro melee characters. Id say you have a slightly better damage output to 2handed tanks but have better survivability and can also res people (which maybe makes DPS WP a bit more useful than 2handed tank, on paper).

The issues with DPS WP in PUG warbands and SCs,

1, you tend to be targetted by the other side in SCs, who prioritise killing healers which 2handed tanks dont need to worry about. Ranged dps kill you if you dont have destro mdps to leech hp from.

2. If you want to win SCs you need to check the group composition. If you have a weak frontline, you will be leading melee charges, if you have no healers you may find yourself rezzing a lot so may need a bit of a quick respec or change your rotation significantly.

In PvE, DPS WP is very strong, and can solo all basic PQs (even ones a tier or two above you).
Thanks a lot....so I understand all Talismas STR,how can manage my Renow point?

BeautfulToad

Post#18 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Renown points.. probably str and melee crit. Thereafter, probably going for parry or delft defender.

Someone may have a better meta, but youll probably switch to Grace (which uses the same gear) though in T4, esp if you die a lot. In which case, you use mostly the same gear (swapping 2hander for SnB) but stack armour and use RR on defensive abilities.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Strength, WS and one or two Initiative talismans.

RR 3 Futile Strikes and Melee Crit max.

Use multiple sets for +STR bonuses.

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Yeah WS is a good shout too, but prioritise STR and melee crit. Youll likely use pieces from different sets to get the STR bonuses. You probably want that extra damage prayer too.