Recent Topics

Ads

[KoTB's] Current Builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

Re: [KoTB's] Current Builds

Post#31 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:18 pm

the most important thing while using 2h imo is to find perfect balance in stats. Can You share Your opinions?

Ads
Demonthyr

Post#32 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:36 pm

To be really short because it will depend on your character equipment :

Perhaps you can take this as mainline to begin with and change later depending on how you are enjoying your build.
Other players will propose others things and the best is anyway to try. :)

Just really basic ideas for 2h i could propose (decreasing in offensive purpose) :

Strenght--> Weapon skill(and/or)+ %crit
Strenght--> Wounds-->Parry (and/or) dissipation (and/or) dodge
Wounds---> Strenght-->Parry (and/or) dissipation (and/or) dodge
Wounds--> Parry(and/or)toughness--> Dissipation
Parry----> Dissipation(and/or)Dodge--> Wounds

Depending on your equipment, your lvl and mixing with your rr points you could for exemple maximize strenght -> switch equipment and then maximize wounds, etc. just by switching jewels and armor pieces and considering wich sets you use, with wich talis, path..etc
Kanzen, Knight of the blasing sun / Demonthyr, chosen of the dark gods

facundo7777

Post#33 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Demonthyr wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:36 pm To be really short because it will depend on your character equipment :

Perhaps you can take this as mainline to begin with and change later depending on how you are enjoying your build.
Other players will propose others things and the best is anyway to try. :)

Just really basic ideas for 2h i could propose (decreasing in offensive purpose) :

Strenght--> Weapon skill(and/or)+ %crit
Strenght--> Wounds-->Parry (and/or) dissipation (and/or) dodge
Wounds---> Strenght-->Parry (and/or) dissipation (and/or) dodge
Wounds--> Parry(and/or)toughness--> Dissipation
Parry----> Dissipation(and/or)Dodge--> Wounds

Depending on your equipment, your lvl and mixing with your rr points you could for exemple maximize strenght -> switch equipment and then maximize wounds, etc. just by switching jewels and armor pieces and considering wich sets you use, with wich talis, path..etc
thanks, it is rly helpfull. can U tell me how much str should i have with 2h in offensive and defensive version of build?

Glorian

Post#34 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm 2Hander more offensive variation for high RR good gear:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3068,3080
This one has a Block tactic equipped. Should be something different as you don't block with a 2hander.
Apart from that quite interesting. :)

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#35 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Here is a reflect damage build: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun It's also a solo build, but a much tankier one. It can easily be a group build by switching out a tactic for focused mending. It works best against mdps that hit often like choppas and WEs. Just keep that shield of the sun up. You can also use Sunfury if you want to super rely on them killing themselves on you. Obviously, On Your Guard is a must vs melee. I try to keep my toughness around 900.

Eathisword

Post#36 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:14 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:51 pm thanks, it is rly helpfull. can U tell me how much str should i have with 2h in offensive and defensive version of build?
Tbh, this pretty much depends on your playstyle : 6 man, solo, duo, PuG in RvR or in Scenario.

As a general rule of thumbs, outside a good premade, if you run less than 700 toughness, 5k armor, 7.5/8k wounds and 800 of all resist, you are dead meat. Literally, it doesn't matter how much strength you have... after a couple games (scenario/fights) the opponent will realize they can just burn you down first easy and you will never deal anything close to your damage potential even if you had 1100 strength and 35% crit (its the Chinesehero conundrum... if I may).

So basically, you fix yourself a baseline of defensive requirements that you must always meet, max parry and disrupt with renown, then put everything you have left into offense. Hence why it also depends on your gear. The better gear you have, the easier it is to achieve those defensive minimum requirements and the more you can put into offense. The shittier your gear, the harder it'll be to even meet those defensive requirements and the less, if any, you can put into offense. Same goes with renown. Your first 40 points go in parry/disrupt. If you have less than that... no offense for you baby. The more you have over it, the more you can invest in offense. In that regard, a really strong start set at rank 40, quite quick to obtain is Redeye/Gunbad set (3% Rctbc, 700 armor, 69 strength, 69 toughness bonus. Really good.) ITs a bit more work than BL, but is imo, a lot better and can rival conq in some ways, specially for 2h.

Now a lot of tanks will run full oppressor with all strength and WS talis. You see em everywhere. But truly, apart from a couple great SM, they are all useless dead piles of meat in armor in any remotely hard fighting situation.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.