Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter vs Slayer

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darosh
Banned

Re: Witch Hunter vs Slayer

Post#11 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:50 pm

kcfalcon wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:38 am I'm kinda new to the game, and I was hoping for some advice, especially from those who know these two classes well. I'm trying to choose my main toon, and I think I've narrowed it down to these two. I've played each to level 10, and really enjoy both. So, here are some things I'm wondering...

Would serious groups generally prefer to have one over the other?
The pressure a properly supported Slayer can dish out is uncontested, even in light of recent changes.
Whereas WH brings more reliable on-demand burst to the table, and requires alot less maintainence.
However, as others have said: Good groups pick good players, regardless their class - everything is workable. Surely there are groups that min-max to the nth degree, but in terms of SLXWH it comes down to personal preference and format as far as that approach is concerned, unlike say EngiXSL.

Is the WH really considered more of a solo toon?
The toolkit of WHs allows for a more effective soloroam, he can essentially take on every class.
Moreso a WH requires no dedicated setup; no high RR/gear to reach its peak performance (or rather reliability) in soloroam - whereas Slayer, due to rather limited utility (in comparison) has to pick fights alot more carefully, and generally has its soloroam capabilities gated by RR and gear.
Both need a running pot economy to facilitate soloroam, however.

Is there anything about these toons in the endgame picture that I should consider?
Slayer comes with the invetiable requirement of finding at the very least a pocket guard, pocket heal and guard to be enjoyable and a full group to use its full potential.
WH is all around easier to sustain in regards to grouping needs, however its a bit harder to pick up on.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Ads