Recent Topics

Ads

[KotBS] 30/9/2017 Patch Feedback - Banish Darkness

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Telmorial

[KotBS] 30/9/2017 Patch Feedback - Banish Darkness

Post#1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:28 pm

I guess the reasoning behind nerfing Banish Darkness for SnB was to encourage 2H but in my humble opinion, it's a bad design decision to nerf one play style to attempt to encourage another.
I'm no expert but I think the reason a lot of people play SnB KotBS is because they're a solid well rounded class/spec.

To get more people playing 2H, can I suggest instead of nerfing SnB, you improve the 2H only skills.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: 30/9/2017 Patch Feedback - Banish Darkness

Post#2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:33 pm

No I disagrees

Kotbs and chosen are seen as the alpha tanks in this game for too long

Mandatory in every party

One of the few weakness the classes had was that their punts were garbage, 1 tactic later it becomes the best super punt in the game

Having to use a tactic slot to get a 20s cd put that's on par with Bg and ibs core punts is more reasonable

Tesq

Re: [KotBS] 30/9/2017 Patch Feedback - Banish Darkness

Post#3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:35 pm

point in nerf s+b is not existent in small scale 2h is better than s+b most of times.
The nerf make no sense 2h version should get the same tratement aswell

Serbiansword

Post#4 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:41 pm

I might be wrong, but in Tor Anroc, after the server reboot, my superpunt did not work the first time I used it. I will test and come back with a proof if that's really the case.

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Both Repel and BD are both in Sheild (defensive) Mastery aswell which i find kinda funny that you get benefints when not using one :)

Telmorial

Post#6 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:No I disagrees

Kotbs and chosen are seen as the alpha tanks in this game for too long

Mandatory in every party

One of the few weakness the classes had was that their punts were garbage, 1 tactic later it becomes the best super punt in the game

Having to use a tactic slot to get a 20s cd put that's on par with Bg and ibs core punts is more reasonable
Sorry but I disagree. I believe KotBS are (possibly) mandatory because they are a solid, well designed class which brings a lot of group buffs with the survivability of the SnB.
Instead of 'fixing' something which doesn't need to be fixed, they IMO should fix the 2H skills of the KotBS.

Whatever happened, I'm going for the super punt talent with improved CD, was very much looking forward to that from day 1 of checking out the KotBS but I guess I'll have to go 2H now, even though I realize SnB brings a lot more group utility and survivability.

Jaycub

Post#7 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Telmorial wrote:
Sorry but I disagree. I believe KotBS are (possibly) mandatory because they are a solid, well designed class which brings a lot of group buffs with the survivability of the SnB.
Instead of 'fixing' something which doesn't need to be fixed, they IMO should fix the 2H skills of the KotBS.

Whatever happened, I'm going for the super punt talent with improved CD, was very much looking forward to that from day 1 of checking out the KotBS but I guess I'll have to go 2H now, even though I realize SnB brings a lot more group utility and survivability.
2h is just as unkillable as SnB, knight survivability comes from broken oh **** buttons like vigilance and EC, then you got grossly overtuned tactics like runefang that add both insane def/off.

2h knight is brining 5% more offensive crit than snb, and a wounds debuffs (order's bread and butter wounds debuff), SnB is brining 5% general crit and HtL.

2h was imo better before and it's even better now.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tesq

Post#8 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:02 am

What jay wrote that 10 sec punt spam should jusy go for good tough vigilance great weakness is that it can be severed by chosen etc same goes for oppression.
2h is just too good for small scale, who need hold the line in sc.

Ads
Halhammer

Post#9 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:37 am

vigilance great weakness is that it can be severed by chosen etc same goes for oppression
Which is why, if you know anythin about tanking, you bury these under a bunch of other blessings. That punt CD nerf for s+b is.. well, just another nerf really. Then again, 50% of the time when you need to punt, target is immune anyway even in small scale environment so who cares (prolly more so now with a bunch of 2h tards running around dishin out every 10 secs).
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

Telmorial

Post#10 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:26 am

Torquemadra wrote:Due to the way RoR functions you cannot cast while being superpunted, you could on live, therefore it behaves in essence as a 'hard' cc on a completely separate immunity timer because for those seconds you are floating in the air you can do nothing, you are removed from the fight, in respect to blackguards mechanic based punt its over fast, if it goes wrong way, the player is still in the combat situation, this is not the case with knight/chosen.
Thanks for explaining that, I wasn't aware of the difference between knight/chosen and other punts.