Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Melee Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
victorm94

[WP] Melee Build

Post#1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:09 pm

DPS build: http://www.ror.builders/career/warrior- ... ,4154,4149

DPS but a little bit more support oriented: http://www.ror.builders/career/warrior- ... ,4154,4184

Experienced WPs , care to help me with these builds? :)

EDIT: From what I understand max RR is 80.

Ads
Stmichael1989

Re: [WP] Melee Build

Post#2 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:31 am

You're not getting to 70 (80 doesn't give an extra mastery point) any time soon, so you need to trim that spec a bit.

http://www.ror.builders/career/warrior- ... 83,4181&t=

Your DPS build is fine, just drop a few mastery points from wrath and nix absence of faith (only 25% heal debuff and deals no damage.)

The support build is in theory fine as well, but once again, you're not getting that many mastery points any time soon.

http://www.ror.builders/career/warrior- ... 81,4176&t=

That's what I run. It's not a DPS oriented spec, but it's very solid as a healer if you're in a group and have someone who can spot heal you when you get focus fired.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 am

Divine fury, guilty soul, fanaticism and aa haste. Get execution, sigmar radiance, soulfire and heal debuff (does help if for some reason you have none, and for solo)

Lancez

Post#4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Hello, I was going to start a new thread but I'll just tag onto this one.

I'm currently R40 RR42 and mostly playing in SC. I have 4/5 Merc and full devastator working on 2.5 annihilator.

As is usual I switched to salvation for healing in SC/ORVR but my heart has always been with swinging a larger hammer into the face of my enemies.

I would like to go back to melee so I'm working on my dominator set and finishing merc.

My uncertainty is around build and stats. I've done grace before and it's good but not super effective at either healer of dps. So I'm considering a more dps orientated build. This is what I have planned.
http://www.ror.builders/career/warrior- ... ,4160,4189

I'm on the fence for the last tactic, Greave of Sigmar, divine Justice, of Guilty Soul. I like Greave for the toughness de-buff, buff, but DJ seems like the purer dps choice.

As for talismans I'm thinking strength but when i imagine how I can be most successful in a SC I wonder if I would be better off focusing on tanks and stack WS.

thoughts appreciated. thanks

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:21 pm

1) DJ offers marginally more burst, BUT ONLY if it procs. Given that you're a 2h class, and lack the cov proc tactics a DPS DOK has, DJ does not proc enough (imo) to warrant losing the sustained and healing GS provides.
2) You should not be focusing tanks if you're playing Wrath - ever. Stack str, rest into crit (you want to capitalise on the fact that a Wrath WP can hit hard, you have very little sustained, so ensure you get friendly with a WL/DPS IB and get those big hammer/aa crits).

Use 3 piece BL for the WS, and you should be more than decent for WS anyway (I think I have around 30% armor pen on my WP). Just make sure you play with a WL or IB or your damage will be pretty meh.

Lancez

Post#6 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I would have thought DJ would be better, 20% on every hit should be a lot of procs, whereas GS is only on crit of direct damage wrath abilities.

hmm, I run solo and pug sc only. not by choice just that none of my friends play RoR, can't find a good guild with players on during NA evenings, so I can't count on those things I just have to set myself up for the maximum I can do.

HissiCNesS

Post#7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 am

So there are ppl playing meele wps here, that is truly a relief! XD i love the style of the wps but would rather play it as meele dps than healer. I've read stuff like ppl getting angry on meele wp but i can't help myself other then swinging the big siggi hammer! XD so you guys would consider the mwp as playable and viable fun class to play with? Thx for these build suggestions, I will def look into it. Cheers
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Merrillian

Post#8 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:47 pm

HissiCNesS wrote:So there are ppl playing meele wps here, that is truly a relief! XD i love the style of the wps but would rather play it as meele dps than healer. I've read stuff like ppl getting angry on meele wp but i can't help myself other then swinging the big siggi hammer! XD so you guys would consider the mwp as playable and viable fun class to play with? Thx for these build suggestions, I will def look into it. Cheers
It's not great for:
Solo Queue Scenario - you lack a knock down and 50% heal debuff. You will also get focused.
RvR - you will get kited constantly and are unable to provide consistent heals during a siege.

It's fun at first, but if you play enough you'll find a real dps class has better tools. It gets a bit frustrating, honestly.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Lancez wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I would have thought DJ would be better, 20% on every hit should be a lot of procs, whereas GS is only on crit of direct damage wrath abilities.

hmm, I run solo and pug sc only. not by choice just that none of my friends play RoR, can't find a good guild with players on during NA evenings, so I can't count on those things I just have to set myself up for the maximum I can do.

If you're spec'd accordingly, i.e. with 25%+ crit, you'll be critting non-stop. Smite will always get 1/2 people with GS, leading to better sustained, and overall, damage. I'd use DJ if it proc'd more than it does, but I just find GS's sustained/self-healing potential - especially when one considers how 'weak' a Wrath WP is (if you want to do damage) - much better atm.

Lancez

Post#10 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:45 pm

ah thanks for the reply, I forgot about smite.

Guess I would need to dump reknown into crit, and some INF gear.

I ended up taking a break from WP and trying a WL. not 40 year but noticeable difference damage so far.