Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Low healing output?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vouzou

Re: [Warrior Priest] Low healing output?

Post#11 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Plus twice chanse to get a critical heal.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Ads
Vigfuss

Post#12 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:21 pm

layer all your hots to everyone you're trying to keep alive, then spot heal with ST heal and Group heal as needed. Keep all the hots on and you should be ok. I don't main a healer lately, but that's always worked for me.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Sizer

Post#13 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:41 pm

You arent doing anything wrong in gear, you just need to "l2p", meaning you need to use your heals in a more effective manner. Which isnt that hard, you pre-hot people before they start taking damage, use divine mend off cd, and use either group heal or divine aid when you arent using divine mend or hots. Oh and throw some group cleanse spam in there too. Thats literally the entire class.

So no you dont need more willpower, healing contribution in this game only gives a tiny % increase to healing, while armor stacking gives a huge increase in survivability. Which might change when balance changes happen, but until then get used to it, just keep practicing and even you can master this incredibly complex class in no time (ie a day or two).
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Stmichael1989

Post#14 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:52 am

Well for one thing, can't believe no one's caught this yet, Trivial Blows (incoming crit damage reduction) doesn't work. I've also heard the Devs have no intention of fixing it. So whatever points you have invested there can be safely spent elsewhere.

As for tips actually healing, that's been pretty well covered. Keeping Pious Restoration and Healing Hands up is significantly more efficient than spamming Touch of the Divine. Making good use of Cleanse is also important. If you're up against a Magus or Sorc, you have a good chance of clearing off something that will mess up their damage rotation.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Bretin

Post#15 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:01 am

about the GCD:

Khaines Embrace and Touch of the Divine do have 1s C-T and a 1.5s CD so nevermind if the GCD in ROR is applied with 1.1s the Skill itself has 1.5s CD.
ThE GCD starts with the beginning of the cast. That means you are able to gheal every 1.5s.

Nikkuz wrote:Jokes apart, no one at this game states can solo heal a good focused target
while this seems correct it is not about the heal in first place in such a scenario. it's rather about the defensive cooldowns and the movement which are both more important than pure heal when it comes to survivability.

to anything else: WP and DoK heals are insane and they clearly don't need any buff / change... not sure if this was even discussed here as i just skipped through the thread.

Nikkuz

Post#16 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:51 am

You are all right, wp/dok are strong class, solid defence, fast heal but but...i still find at this game level, "nerfed" from my live experience. I dont have the same feeling playing my shaman ; maybe is just me.

magter3001

Post#17 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:55 am

Nikkuz wrote:You are all right, wp/dok are strong class, solid defence, fast heal but but...i still find at this game level, "nerfed" from my live experience. I dont have the same feeling playing my shaman ; maybe is just me.
It depends on when u played the class. The class has been nerfed multiple times on live... the first big one was the flat AoE nerf which reduced heal group range from 150 ft to 100 ft. The other big nerf was the TotD nerf which lowered the heal output by 50% of the ability but they buffed Pious Restoration to balance the nerf a little bit.

You can't just stand and spam TotD like all WPs did the first 2 years of WAR, now you occasionally have to use Pious Restoration as well. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)