Recent Topics

Ads

WH AoE grind spec

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
terrio99

WH AoE grind spec

Post#1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:43 am

Hey all so just hit 30 and was wondering about respec to be able to aoe grind.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 1:;0:0:0:0:

That would really mean getting dragon gun. I know its not great but I was wondering if it each target you hit proc on hit effects.

So would sanctified bullet heal you for all the damage you deal? So potentially back to full hp.
Would multiple targets be effected by jagged edge? If you crit more then one target.
Could you possibly get all 5 accusations back with flowing accusations?
Would all targets hit with Dragon Gun be effected by bullet of purity?

Ads
magter3001

Re: WH AoE grind spec

Post#2 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:54 am

Flowing accusation will only give you 2 accusations max as it procs on the accusation ability itself, not on the targets.

Jagged Edge will hit multiple targets so long as the target is crit.

The other two I have no idea. ;)

Keep in mind that Dragon Gun is on a 10s cooldown so even if it will heal you to full health back, you still have to survive for those 10s. I would suggest using renown points for max parry and getting Repel Blasphemy (ability) and Riposte (tactic).

Maybe something like this...
waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Hunter build
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

terrio99

Post#3 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:10 am

magter3001 wrote:Flowing accusation will only give you 2 accusations max as it procs on the accusation ability itself, not on the targets.

Jagged Edge will hit multiple targets so long as the target is crit.

The other two I have no idea. ;)

Keep in mind that Dragon Gun is on a 10s cooldown so even if it will heal you to full health back, you still have to survive for those 10s. I would suggest using renown points for max parry and getting Repel Blasphemy (ability) and Riposte (tactic).

Maybe something like this...
waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Hunter build
I just tried it out. Couln't wait. You get healed for each target hit and all targets hit are effected by bullet. Think at 31 will pick up repel blasphemy and using riposte and righteous steel.

Not the best aoe class but should def be more helpful in grind groups and soloing

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 am

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 4372:0:0:0:

That's what I used when I did AoE grind. I did it from 35-40. Get tali's/gear that boosts morale, and stack parry with your renown. I just went to CW and farmed 40's for a few hours.

I was able to mob up 3-4 at a time and pretty much let them melt themselves. Between RP and M1 you got 12s of 100% riposte time. The returned health was very helpful. I put the build at 30, obviously next rank you get Dragon Gun.

It wasn't the fastest of the grinds I have done, but it wasn't too bad.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

terrio99

Post#5 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:47 am

Dabbart wrote:http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 4372:0:0:0:

That's what I used when I did AoE grind. I did it from 35-40. Get tali's/gear that boosts morale, and stack parry with your renown. I just went to CW and farmed 40's for a few hours.

I was able to mob up 3-4 at a time and pretty much let them melt themselves. Between RP and M1 you got 12s of 100% riposte time. The returned health was very helpful. I put the build at 30, obviously next rank you get Dragon Gun.

It wasn't the fastest of the grinds I have done, but it wasn't too bad.
thanks for comment. Guessing you respecced into something more common for WH. Was it easy to keep you RR on par with your level or catch up?

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Well... When I started my WH when the cap was 32/40 and the RR cap was x2 your lvl, so his RR was never an issue... He was RR40 before he hit lvl cap, which was why I grinded the last 5 lvls once they got raised...

Catching up RR isn't difficult to do, if you have the ability to get PvE gear. If you're stuck with Greens and low/no tali's then it'll be a little rough, but still not impossible. I mostly RRd via SCs, dueling, and ganking people at Rats... I did PL my SW, Zealot, and knight straight to lvl cap(whatever it was at the time of their creation) and grinding up RR isn't hard to do pre-40.

And yes, I respec between farming/grinding and PvP.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#7 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:40 pm

Dabbart wrote:Well... When I started my WH when the cap was 32/40 and the RR cap was x2 your lvl, so his RR was never an issue... He was RR40 before he hit lvl cap, which was why I grinded the last 5 lvls once they got raised...

Catching up RR isn't difficult to do, if you have the ability to get PvE gear. If you're stuck with Greens and low/no tali's then it'll be a little rough, but still not impossible. I mostly RRd via SCs, dueling, and ganking people at Rats... I did PL my SW, Zealot, and knight straight to lvl cap(whatever it was at the time of their creation) and grinding up RR isn't hard to do pre-40.

And yes, I respec between farming/grinding and PvP.
Heyho Dabbart, I will try to test your Dragongun version today, I am lvl 36 on WH.
Sidenote --> leveling PvE mode was PAIN with WH before the new T2-3 merge

I got already full Ruin Set + T4 weapons: Until now, I played mostly some "selfmade" absolution spammer in PvE. Its not AoE, but has been the fastest way, that I could figure out so far. (mostly only pull 1 mob kill pull next) When 3 mobs come at once, even with my gear its very dangerous if they crit...
I always wanted to try Dragongun. But its "crap" damage (tooltip) + 10 seconds CD + the fact how damn squishy WH is, made me cancel this idea multiple times.

I will write here again, if my Absolution spammer farmed faster than Dragongun build.

kryss

Post#8 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:47 pm

This is a good setup for 32+. With DG and sanctified bullets + RB you can pull ten mobs at a time and refill your healthbar with the AoE execution

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 3:;0:0:0:0:

Rush before they take away the AoE part, though ;)

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#9 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:52 pm

kryss wrote:This is a good setup for 32+. With DG and sanctified bullets + RB you can pull ten mobs at a time and refill your healthbar with the AoE execution

I am gonna try that, only problem is, I got only 25 Renown and I have to give up on crit, for heavy invest into parry.

Thelen

Post#10 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:40 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
kryss wrote:This is a good setup for 32+. With DG and sanctified bullets + RB you can pull ten mobs at a time and refill your healthbar with the AoE execution

I am gonna try that, only problem is, I got only 25 Renown and I have to give up on crit, for heavy invest into parry.
crit isn't as crucial in this build, since you don't have crit damage tactic. Bring able to survive the mobs until the next dragon gun is the hard part.

I've been running this. Sweeping razor is a must IMO, or you kill mobs too slowly and die once RB drops off.