Recent Topics

Ads

WH Build?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Renork

WH Build?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:07 pm

Since crit gear is not very accessible and both WH/WE rely on crit, what are your builds? I recall my WH on live running high crit and the damage was quite high, but right now the damage is not that at all impressive.

Ads
Toldavf

Re: WH Build?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28 pm

I'm sure your aware of the cookie cutter specs. What are you looking for solo damage or group damage?
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Atropik

Post#3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:26 am

You can reach 24% crit chance now with equip/renown points, and 26% if you are lucky enougt with purple bag drops. Guess its far more then enough for any of two possible builds.
Nicelook | Obey

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:23 am

You also need to add your ini debuff onto your crit chances. Getting that debuff on is very important for spike damage.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 64:4365:0:

That's my WH build. I only really play him for dueling however... Even in an SC setting, I find it quite fun to play actually... You can dump some damage out, and RB+M1 with 29% standard parry, Ripose helps melt quite a lot of targets. I am aware that it is considered weak, but my overall DPS with damage weapon procs is quite high, and he rocks in Duelz, so that's what counts...

Overall, I can't say that I feel like I have super low crit. Maybe it's because most people don't stack Ini or FS, but I have <10% chance to crit, but you dump so many attacks and DoT's that crit's are in abundance. Ini Debuff is a real thing.

I never had a WH over RR50 on Live. And honestly. I don't play mine in a group setting. So the Dev's would just toss out everything I have to say. When I SC/ORvR I run him fairly solo and try to pick fights on the side's or gank. And lots of dueling. So I feel sure those whom run them in group play have a better grasp on them, and so use EW(which I agree is far better in a group but for Dueling/ganking/solo flag capping, that 2nd heal debuff is not very helpful imo and EW doesn't hit hard enough), but you asked what Specs we are running ourselves.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Miszczu5647

Post#5 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:41 am

I play WE but since you mentioned this class... Without crit I needed to change play style. Stick closer to the group. I run BLB and WB (even after nerf it is still decent addition to your damage) plus elixir of insane power (50% armor ignore). Fast epic weapon plus Oathstones set to make it faster. And max parry plus riposte. With kiss that all give me nice dmg.

I play mostly sc and I might compare my dmg and kills to any marauder or Squig Herder. And most important - this build give me satisfaction :)
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Stmichael1989

Post#6 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:48 pm

I used to play a WH back in the day, and one particular spec I used earlier (with lower gear) was an inquisition build that focused around building lots of accusations.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

It was a little luck based, but I reliably was able to get off both Exit Wound and Burn, Heretic! within about 6 seconds. Activate Seal of Destruction and your target lights up like a christmas tree.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer