Recent Topics

Ads

WH tank buster??

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tenroc

WH tank buster??

Post#1 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:15 am

Has anyone thought to try playing a witch hunter as a tank buster?
Seems like they might be worth trying as a change of pace and something unique... Or would you just be useless on the battlefield?
In the dwarf language there are over 500 words for the concept of revenge, and only one for the concept of forgiveness.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: WH tank buster??

Post#2 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:51 am

Your armor penetration means that yea, you can smash tanks relatively easily. The issue with tank busting, is that generally speaking there are far better targets to pump your DPS into. Targets that don't have 3k+ armor and capped resistances with 30%+ defenses.

Ofc, situations vary and yes, hitting the tank can be a good decision. As for targetting them specifically? If you find it fun, go for it! And you might surprise tank on gaurd-bot duty as well. But I prefer Jumping on Healers. Double heal debuff is just too fun.

if you are, I suggest searching out the tanks with 2-handers, and keep an eye on your SC numbers, see if you can remember some names of those in SnB DPS specs. They will be your bread and butter.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tenroc

Post#3 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:09 am

Well if you pumped weaponskill a lot, would you still have enough str to really pull down a healer?

I guess I am asking what's the max weaponskill I'll need ?
In the dwarf language there are over 500 words for the concept of revenge, and only one for the concept of forgiveness.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:27 am

Tenroc wrote:Well if you pumped weaponskill a lot, would you still have enough str to really pull down a healer?

I guess I am asking what's the max weaponskill I'll need ?
Well. Torment bypass' armor. If you wanted to utilize a different main attack, or get your other damage up, then alot would be the answer. I have 280ish right now and have like 23% armor pen via that.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tenroc

Post#5 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:10 am

Seekers blade ?

Gachimuchi

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:16 am

Tenroc wrote:Has anyone thought to try playing a witch hunter as a tank buster?
Yes people have, in fact, thought of hitting tanks before. It is not a new concept. If you read ability tooltips you would see Torment ignores ALL armor. That means its better to stack strength, not weapon skill, because you can't penetrate more than literally all of their armor. And WH is viable in groups.

Really don't see the point of this thread...
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Jail

Post#7 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:40 am

Dont focus on WS as a WH. Str in gear ofc.

This spec is quite good.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

Tenroc

Post#8 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 am

I think I will go longer in str than ws.
But I was thinking path of confession in order to get seekers triumph. 50% armor pen worked into a rotation.....

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

Something like that. Again, tank buster is what I wanna do.

Ads
Jail

Post#9 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:54 am

Tenroc wrote:I think I will go longer in str than ws.
But I was thinking path of confession in order to get seekers triumph. 50% armor pen worked into a rotation.....

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

Something like that. Again, tank buster is what I wanna do.
Why would you not go for the 50 % crit dmg tactic? I would never use seekers tactic. :roll: Also the m4 is amazing yes, but takes a while to build.

Just try this one out
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

Tenroc

Post#10 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:18 am

Um the point of this thread is 50% social/50% informational since I'm a casual player.

And torment is only viable from behind. So seekers triumph may still be something I'll use.

I really don't the point of smack talking other people's threads gachimuchi. If you don't like it don't read it. And if you feel your time is soooooo valuable that you're upset reading a pointless thread then why are you online at all?